Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA in Environmental Studies at TESU
Hello,

I would first like to thank everyone who has helped answer all of my questions and posted in this forum in general.i will have both an AAS in Environmental studies and an ASNSM in Biology come June. I want to get started on The BA for Environmental Studies, but I am having trouble finding upper level courses any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

I think your best bet is to enroll in the comprehensive tuition plan ($6350? with a study.com discount). Then, you get to take up to 36cr in a year, and that's where you would take all of the requirements that you can't find elsewhere, along with all UL courses and the capstone. With that plan, you don't pay the $2,200 residency waiver. All in all, if it's for a degree that you just can't find alternative credits for, then it's a great deal.

I would do a spreadsheet with the courses you already have, what you can take elsewhere for cheap, and make sure you're not over 36cr remaining for the degree. Then, do all of your remaining alternative credits, and make a plan for how to space out your courses from TESU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
That sounds tricky and expensive. What about a BALS in natural sciences? Should be more flexible and a little easier to find UL credits.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Since I used Study.com with my other 2 degrees I've already filled up the spots for all the LL courses. If it comes down it I can take 2 of the 5 courses at TESU, but I'd still have to find 3 courses. Price isn't a real concern. Study doesn't have any UL Environmental courses. I chose the BA in Environmental studies because the officer program I'm applying for wants specifically either a BA in Environmental studies or Biology and TESU's Biology is a doozy so I thought the environmental studied one would be best.

In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

University of Wisconsin has a number of courses in there sustainability certificate (and degree) programs that look like they would fit the TESU requirements. https://sustain.wisconsin.edu/sustainability-programs/
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

TESU had an environmental science program, but I think it's gone. Environmental studies is not the same as environmental science. Environmental studies usually has little hard science and focuses on social science issues, and this is true for TESU's program. If I can find an old catalog with the environmental science program, I'll post the link here. There's a reason why TESU had both programs.

The Environmental, Safety, and Security Technologies program is neither an environmental science nor environmental studies program. You might be able to fool some people into thinking that the AAS in ESST and the BA in Environmental Studies are science programs, but you want to be prepared for whatever you plan to do. If you're just going to work in policy and advocacy, then environmental studies will be fine. If you want to be an environmental scientist, environmental science technician, or anything related to the life sciences, then you will not be prepared for those careers with those degrees.

The BA in Biology is more alternative credit and online course-friendly than the BA in Environmental Studies.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
The Associate's is environmental science, I have that one already. The BA is Environmental Studies I double checked because I thought I wrote it wrong. It's attached to the bottom.
.jpg   20190117_132123.jpg (Size: 112.66 KB / Downloads: 17)

I'm going with Sanantone, Environmental Science and Environmental Studies are completely different, and I would double check the requirements for the program you're applying for. If it says Environmental Science, then you are off track with Environmental Studies.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
When I did the Associate's degree I didn't realize the program I am trying out for wanted an Environmental Studies Degree so I finished the Associate's because why not and the LL Environmental courses fit in with BA. I think I confused everyone when I said something about the Associate's. I double checked to be 100% sure that it's the BA in Environmental Studies. hopefully that clears everything up.

(01-17-2019, 06:54 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: When I did the Associate's degree I didn't realize the program I am trying out for wanted an Environmental Studies Degree so I finished the Associate's because why not and the LL Environmental courses fit in with BA. I think I confused everyone when I said something about the  Associate's. I double checked to be 100% sure that it's the BA in Environmental Studies.  hopefully that clears everything up.

Okay. You wrote "AAS in Environmental Studies" in the OP, and I didn't know where you got the degree from because TESU doesn't offer it.

As for the bachelor's, you mentioned biology and environmental studies for a job, but those are very different degrees. I'm still not sure whether you need a science degree because TESU's program isn't a science degree. There are some environmental studies programs at other schools that are a little more science-y. You just want to make sure that you have the education to do environmental testing or interpret scientific data if that's what the job entails.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 457 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 433 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 447 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,268 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 248 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,183 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 228 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 357 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 295 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 271 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27