Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA in Environmental Studies at TESU
APU has an Environmental Science degree, but it's actually closer to Environmental Studies. It's only $270/cr, and they have 8-week courses (or 16-week, but why would you take that??), and lots of choices with several different concentrations.

They also have an MS in Environmental Policy and Management, and their courses are only $350/cr.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-17-2019, 07:02 PM)sanantone Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 06:54 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: When I did the Associate's degree I didn't realize the program I am trying out for wanted an Environmental Studies Degree so I finished the Associate's because why not and the LL Environmental courses fit in with BA. I think I confused everyone when I said something about the  Associate's. I double checked to be 100% sure that it's the BA in Environmental Studies.  hopefully that clears everything up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Okay. You wrote "AAS in Environmental Studies" in the OP, and I didn't know where you got the degree from because TESU doesn't offer it.

As for the bachelor's, you mentioned biology and environmental studies for a job, but those are very different degrees. I'm still not sure whether you need a science degree because TESU's program isn't a science degree. There are some environmental studies programs at other schools that are a little more science-y. You just want to make sure that you have the education to do environmental testing or interpret scientific data if that's what the job entails.
Either degree works (Biology or Environmental Studies) sent the program coordinator the information on the BA in Environmental Studies and she said that it would work. I didn't want to go with the biology one it looked like a headache.

I'll have to look into that a little more. Thank you.

In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

APUS' program isn't the most scientific, but it's definitely more technical than TESU's environmental studies program. You just have to choose the most appropriate concentration.

SNHU's program requires a lot of hard science courses. 

https://www.snhu.edu/admission/academic-.../EypagDVqg

This is Oregon State University's program. It requires calculus, physics, chemistry, biology, and statistics. 

https://ecampus.oregonstate.edu/online-d...iculum.htm

Those are some of your online options. Otherwise, it looks like you're going to have to take TESU's courses.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I'll look more into SNHU and send the coordinator a snapshot of the degree to see if it fits. I wouldn't be able to finish the Oregon degree in time to submit my program package since one of the last classes involves hands on learning i.e. an internship because of where I am at the moment. Thanks for the suggestions I have a lot to think about.

In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(01-17-2019, 07:37 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: I'll look more into SNHU and send the coordinator a snapshot of the degree to see if it fits. I wouldn't be able to finish the Oregon  degree in time to submit my program package since one of the last classes involves hands on learning i.e. an internship because of where I am at the moment. Thanks for the suggestions I have a lot to think about.

If you're looking to avoid taking a lot of hard science classes, then it looks like APUS is the best option. It's also the cheapest.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
You may be better off taking APU courses and transferring them to TESU - because I think APU has a 30cr max transfer of alternative credits, if I remember correctly.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you all for answering my question. I have looked into all of the schools that were suggested. I will have to talk to my TESU advisor to make sure they will fit. But I think I'm either going with a couple of classes at either apu or Excelsior( they have a few that may transfer over)

(01-19-2019, 01:29 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: Thank you all for answering my question. I have looked into all of the schools that were suggested. I will have to talk to my TESU advisor to make sure they will fit. But I think I'm either going with a couple of classes at either apu or Excelsior( they have a few that may transfer over)

APU is $810/course, EC is $1530/course.
(01-20-2019, 07:23 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-19-2019, 01:29 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: Thank you all for answering my question. I have looked into all of the schools that were suggested. I will have to talk to my TESU advisor to make sure they will fit. But I think I'm either going with a couple of classes at either apu or Excelsior( they have a few that may transfer over)

APU is $810/course, EC is $1530/course.
Both are $250.00 per credit for Military. whichever school has the most classes to transfer over will be the one I go to.

Ah, I didn't realize you were active duty military.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,351 04-18-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 531 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 456 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 480 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,236 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 377 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 301 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 280 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27