Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA in History TESU
(09-23-2021, 10:42 AM)rachel83az Wrote: American Cinema looks like a fun class if you enjoy movies. But it's totally not applicable to most people. It's definitely not a required class when you use Sophia for credits. There are better and cheaper options.

I'll have to research others degree plans that have used this new plan so I can see what can be transferred as what. All the ones I have seen (degree plans) are using the old format, like I did. I am just going to work through my study classes (paid for it on Sept 10 and still haven't completed a class so I need to do 2 before Oct 10 lol) I will look at ONU soon too. Then I'll come back and review my plan.

I cant tell you how much I appreciate all your knowledge. Its slowly making sense to me haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheLibrarian's post:
  • k-k-k-katy
The ONU course about Indians is not available via the $150, so you'll need to replace that with something else for that last 3cr of RA (actually only 2cr are needed but hard to find a 2cr course). I would add the Liberal Arts Math TECEP, that's an easy one for someone who has already taken College Algebra.

Seriously, don't use the link to the degree plan there to plan your courses, it's awful - just use it to create your spreadsheet with the requirements. Then go back to the old one to see what courses to use in the AoS (the list there is so much better).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-23-2021, 10:51 AM)dfrecore Wrote: The ONU course about Indians is not available via the $150, so you'll need to replace that with something else for that last 3cr of RA (actually only 2cr are needed but hard to find a 2cr course).  I would add the Liberal Arts Math TECEP, that's an easy one for someone who has already taken College Algebra.

Seriously, don't use the link to the degree plan there to plan your courses, it's awful - just use it to create your spreadsheet with the requirements. Then go back to the old one to see what courses to use in the AoS (the list there is so much better).

Oh okay, I will look into the link that Rachel sent for the ONU wiki and see what I can take. 
I'll look into finding another RA class and take LL history class on study, like you suggested. 

I might just take the Western Civilization 210 from ONU, Would that count as Western Cvi II (instead of taking it on study?)

Then I just need another history class for my GE and I think another history class (can be LL) to satisfy the Indian class I am taking away. 
I'll just do all the history classes on study hahah Seriously though 

Half of this is just me rambling so Im sorry if it doesnt make sense.
(09-23-2021, 11:00 AM)TheLibrarian Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 10:51 AM)dfrecore Wrote: The ONU course about Indians is not available via the $150, so you'll need to replace that with something else for that last 3cr of RA (actually only 2cr are needed but hard to find a 2cr course).  I would add the Liberal Arts Math TECEP, that's an easy one for someone who has already taken College Algebra.

Oh okay, I will look into the link that Rachel sent for the ONU wiki and see what I can take. 
I'll look into finding another RA class and take LL history class on study, like you suggested. 

I might just take the Western Civilization 210 from ONU, Would that count as Western Cvi II (instead of taking it on study?)

Then I just need another history class for my GE and I think another history class (can be LL) to satisfy the Indian class I am taking away. 

I'm not sure if that ONU course is Western Civ I or II, you can't tell by the number.  I'd find out, and then swap it with the study.com course you were going to take. Or seriously, the Math TECEP is SO incredibly easy.

Yes, you should take another Study.com course for the GE History requirement - it's the cheapest/fastest/easiest at this point with the fact that you're going to take other Study.com courses anyway.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Judging by the desc, I'm pretty sure that ONU's Western Civ is Western Civ I and not II. Should probably try to confirm, but I seriously doubt that it's II.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-23-2021, 11:24 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 11:00 AM)TheLibrarian Wrote:

I'm not sure if that ONU course is Western Civ I or II, you can't tell by the number.  I'd find out, and then swap it with the study.com course you were going to take. Or seriously, the Math TECEP is SO incredibly easy.

Yes, you should take another Study.com course for the GE History requirement - it's the cheapest/fastest/easiest at this point with the fact that you're going to take other Study.com courses anyway.

I'll look into the math then. Thanks
Taking the Liberal Arts Math TECEP also enrolls you - keeping you active and locked into your degree plan catalog year for 12 months, and unlimited credit evaluations.  It is a winning combination in your situation.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(09-23-2021, 11:59 AM)allvia Wrote: Taking the Liberal Arts Math TECEP also enrolls you - keeping you active and locked into your degree plan catalog year for 12 months, and unlimited credit evaluations.  It is a winning combination in your situation.

Ah, so if I do the TECEPs I wanna do (math and the two english) I will be enrolled so I can then continue to work on the study or other RA classes and have them transferred as I go, opposed to waiting until everything is done and then transferring it?
(09-23-2021, 12:58 PM)TheLibrarian Wrote:
(09-23-2021, 11:59 AM)allvia Wrote: Taking the Liberal Arts Math TECEP also enrolls you - keeping you active and locked into your degree plan catalog year for 12 months, and unlimited credit evaluations.  It is a winning combination in your situation.

Ah, so if I do the TECEPs I wanna do (math and the two english) I will be enrolled so I can then continue to work on the study or other RA classes and have them transferred as I go, opposed to waiting until everything is done and then transferring it?

Yes, exactly.  It is the perk of being enrolled, you get to transfer in as you go - and it is very helpful to see the LL/UL credit(s) be placed as you work the plan (just in case something changes and you need to adjust - always better to know that early on, not at the end).
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • TheLibrarian
Yes, taking TECEPs turns your status into fully enrolled. If you plan to take 3 TECEPs, I would not take them all at once. Take one every 6-8 months or so, depending on how quickly you're able to complete courses elsewhere. Every time you take a TECEP, you "reset the clock", so to speak, so you have 12 months from when you signed up for them. Example: Let's say that you apply to TESU in October. You pay for and take all 3 TECEPs in November & December of 2021. This gives you until November/December of 2022 as a fully enrolled student. On the other hand, let's say that you sign up for one TECEP in November, one TECEP in May of 2022, and one TECEP in October of 2022. This gives you until October of 2023 as a fully-enrolled student.

If it's going to take you a while to get through all of the classes, whether for financial reasons or otherwise, it makes sense to stretch out your enrollment period as much as possible as well.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • TheLibrarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 0 14 2 hours ago
Last Post: bigsquirrel7
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 103 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 243 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 199 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 396 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 476 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 1,038 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 791 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 230 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,391 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP