Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA in History
elledee2020 Wrote:
bjcheung77 Wrote:Since you're going to TESU and haven't decided on History or Psychology, my recommendation is to, do BOTH!  You can double major in both if you like those subjects, in fact, a member here did just that (mysonx3), you can check out the courses he has taken from his signature link.  I suggest doing all the Sophia.org courses for now that don't duplicate your current credits, all of them except college readiness and the 3 foundation courses.

Thank you!  I will search for mysonx3 and see what I can figure out.  I had considered doing both, just wasn't sure if much would overlap or if I'd be overloading myself.  I appreciate the info!

elledee2020 Wrote:So I reworked the spreadsheet to represent my own completed coursework and preferences.  I put a few notes about what the colors and question marks meant.  DCC was my community college.  

I'd love any advice or if you think I missed something or something won't work, let me know.  It is very similar to the one at the beginning of the thread, but I did sort it by sections of coursework, with notation, for my own sake, and the sake of anyone helping me determine if this will work or not.

Thanks in advance!

Again, I would focus mainly on getting your courses completed with Sophia.org, skip other providers such as StraighterLine as you can complete the courses at Sophia.org for LL (Lower Level)/Study.com for UL (Upper Level).  You should take a course with InstantCertCredit as it would be cheap/easy/fast credits for your Civic Requirement (American Government)

You should follow this plan by RachelAz83: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ge...egree_Plan - It has links to the History plan that you should also follow and compare with mysonx3 , here's the plan from mysonx3 https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/My...in_History
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-15-2020, 01:57 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
elledee2020 Wrote:
bjcheung77 Wrote:Since you're going to TESU and haven't decided on History or Psychology, my recommendation is to, do BOTH!  You can double major in both if you like those subjects, in fact, a member here did just that (mysonx3), you can check out the courses he has taken from his signature link.  I suggest doing all the Sophia.org courses for now that don't duplicate your current credits, all of them except college readiness and the 3 foundation courses.

Thank you!  I will search for mysonx3 and see what I can figure out.  I had considered doing both, just wasn't sure if much would overlap or if I'd be overloading myself.  I appreciate the info!

elledee2020 Wrote:So I reworked the spreadsheet to represent my own completed coursework and preferences.  I put a few notes about what the colors and question marks meant.  DCC was my community college.  

I'd love any advice or if you think I missed something or something won't work, let me know.  It is very similar to the one at the beginning of the thread, but I did sort it by sections of coursework, with notation, for my own sake, and the sake of anyone helping me determine if this will work or not.

Thanks in advance!

Again, I would focus mainly on getting your courses completed with Sophia.org, skip other providers such as StraighterLine as you can complete the courses at Sophia.org for LL (Lower Level)/Study.com for UL (Upper Level).  You should take a course with InstantCertCredit as it would be cheap/easy/fast credits for your Civic Requirement (American Government)

You should follow this plan by RachelAz83: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ge...egree_Plan - It has links to the History plan that you should also follow and compare with mysonx3 , here's the plan from mysonx3 https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/My...in_History

Thank you!

(11-15-2020, 11:51 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 10:24 AM)elledee2020 Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 10:08 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 09:08 AM)elledee2020 Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 12:05 AM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote: Which catalog are you on? I noticed you put the Library Science course from Study.com instead of TESU's SOS-110.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app

I started with the spreadsheet at the beginning of this thread by the original poster.  I did download the TESU catalog, but I worked with that SS as my starting point along with the info I got on another thread about what would work for each section of credits needed.  I used the SDC course on the list just because I would rather do everything I can from outside sources unless absolutely required to be done at TESU.  If this happens to be one of those, feel free to correct me.  I just started putting this together for myself a few days ago, so I am still learning how it all works.  I've flipped back and forth between so many schools that I have things mixed up in my head, so I am relying on forum info for the most part to plan this out right now.
I asked because if you're on the newer 2020 and later catalogs, the Study.com library science course no longer works. You would have to take TESU's course.

Thank you.  I honestly have struggled making those determinations and that's why I am relying so heavily on info here.  I don't have time to sit down right now and go through every course and check.  I work 3 jobs and have 2 special needs kids.  I am stretching to attempt to do this, but I need to...for my kids' sake and mine!  I will have to drop a job to complete the coursework at all, but trying to do as much as I can before I start.  Thanks for your help!
I'm not as good as others with this, but I can give you a bit if advice. Change the Library Science from Study.com to SOS-110 from TESU. Remove the 1 credit cornerstone( it's no longer available). straighterline has a course that fits the survey of world history ( it's left blank on your spreadsheet).

If you haven't already applied you may want to do so now. It'll also let you really see where the community College credits fit.

So I read somewhere that once they did the credit eval, you couldn't add anymore. So if I do that now, wouldn't that prohibit me from adding Sophia, etc?  How does that work?
(11-17-2020, 10:31 AM)elledee2020 Wrote: So I read somewhere that once they did the credit eval, you couldn't add anymore. So if I do that now, wouldn't that prohibit me from adding Sophia, etc?  How does that work?

I think there is some confusion here.

When you apply to TESU, they give you 2 transcript evaluations while you are in application status. If you use those up and do nothing else but continue to send in transcripts, they will not get evaluated. However, if you pay for the 1-credit Medical Terminology TECEP, this brings you to enrolled status and then you get unlimited transcript evaluations. This is extremely handy! I would definitely suggest becoming fully enrolled in order to continue sending in transcripts.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • elledee2020