Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA in LS at TESU
Hello everyone. I've been a lurker on the site for several years and finally got the nerve to finish my BA. TESU seemed the best fit for me and I am registered there. I have sent my transcripts in and they have done the evaluation. I have attached a screenshot. The evaluation is missing a few things because they did the eval before receiving all the transcripts. Not included are RA courses:

History 211 American History
Biology 241 Zoology

Also not included is a certificate program in Paralegal Studies from a non-RA accredited "career school" that I hoped to get PLA credit for if possible.

Also not included is AP Spanish credit

I have CLEP Humanities block, Sociology, and English but CLEP has expired them and won't send the transcripts.

I'm open to any suggestions for getting this over with, preferably on a budget, as soon as possible. If the screen shot makes things difficult, I can write the courses out and re-post.
The screenshot didn't seem to post. You could try again or just write out the courses in text.

We don't recommend RA credit unless it's for a specific degree and a specific class that cannot be found elsewhere. For a BALS, there are faster and cheaper ways to get credit than PLA.

Make sure to check out the wiki for suggestions on how to fill in gaps: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Tell us when you took your AP Spanish - which exam, and the year (TESU goes by ACE, and so it makes a difference)
When did you take your CLEP exams? Could you retake them with a bit of work - using the free ModernStates courses to get a free voucher? And do you think you could take more CLEP exams?

For the paralegal studies, for a BALS, these are considered Free Electives - not worth doing PLA credit for.

Also, for a BLS, have you considered EC? They accept NA credit, which could get you ahead of TESU, and they're quite a bit cheaper. $4,031 for 7cr vs $6,654 for 6cr, a savings of $2,623. COSC is even cheaper, but with your NA credit, I think you'd be way ahead at EC. The major downside is that they won't take CLEP for Composition - but they will take the TECEP exams.

Post your credits here, include everything:

School (NA or RA, quarter or semester based)
Course #, full course name, # of credits, grade if less than a C
repeat as necessary

Additional non-school credit
AP - give year and score
CLEP - give year
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I have attached my CJ AS transcript that contains a lot of my credits. Not listed is AP Spanish with a 4 from 1988...not a typo. CLEP exams are on the transcript.

These are not on the transcript and are semester based.

History 211 American History 3 credits RA
Biology 241 Zoology w/ lab 4 credits.  RA
Biology 105 Biology of Ecosystems 4 credits RA
Biology 102 Human Biology 4 Credits RA
Business 323 Organizational Behavior 3 Credits RA
CYB-125 Cyber Crime 4 Credits RA
AOJ-299 American Criminal Justice System 4 Credits RA
EDM-390 Bio-terrorism 2 Credits RA
ENG-106 Information Literacy 1 Credit RA
BUS-315 Business Law I 3 credits RA

From Watterson not on transcript:
Legal Research and Writing I
Domestic Relations
Contracts
Wills and Trusts
Civil Procedure

There are more Watterson ones but I don't have a transcript and I'm going from memory.
Girlfriend! Please edit the PDF without your personal details and repost the attachment.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
So, it looks like you have the following UL credit:

CRI-321 Police Operations
CRI-330 Criminalistics
CRI-380 Psychology of the Criminal

Assuming that TESU brings these all in as UL credits, your degree is basically done. You seem to just need to fill in a few holes with non-overlapping courses from Sophia.org. You might also need American Government from InstantCert. Definitely apply to TESU ASAP, send in your transcripts, and pay for the Medical Terminology TECEP ASAP. I don't see a Public Speaking course. The fastest way to get that requirement filled for TESU is by taking Study.com's "Presentation Skills in the Workplace".
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-21-2021, 04:04 PM)Asylum7830 Wrote: I have attached my CJ AS transcript that contains a lot of my credits. Not listed is AP Spanish with a 4 from 1988...not a typo. CLEP exams are on the transcript.

Domestic Relations
Contracts
Wills and Trusts
Civil Procedure

There are more Watterson ones but I don't have a transcript and I'm going from memory.

You need to post your credits originally earned - so if CLEP credits were brought in on a CC transcript, but you can no longer get the CLEP transcript itself, then those credits won't count - TESU (or EC or COSC or UMPI) will only take credits from the original source.

So list by source:

College credits (RA)
College credits (NA)
CLEP - year earned
AP - these were not ACE-recommended for credit in 1988, so you're out of luck.  If you know Spanish well enough to take a CLEP or ACTFL exam, you can get credit that way.

Also make sure to include your grades - it matters.
Also let us know if the 300-level courses you took were considered UL at the original school.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I suggest looking at the Big 3 and CBE programs such as the UMPI BLS to see which program suits you more. You have RA credits, it may be better to get the degree at COSC or UMPI depending on which concentration/minor you're looking at...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-21-2021, 04:04 PM)Asylum7830 Wrote: Thanks everyone for your replies. The transcript is now suitably redacted. I signed up to take the Medical Terminology exam and I am looking at Sophia for the public speaking plus whatever else will transfer.

I have attached my CJ AS transcript that contains a lot of my credits. Not listed is AP Spanish with a 4 from 1988...not a typo. CLEP exams are on the transcript.

Domestic Relations
Contracts
Wills and Trusts
Civil Procedure

Attached Files
.pdf   Transcriptredact.pdf (Size: 64.48 KB / Downloads: 12)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 210 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 191 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 386 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 455 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 1,017 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 783 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 225 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,379 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Course/Degree Planning - Liberal Studies, BA - TESU drp16 4 442 01-31-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: drp16
Question My degree plan for TESU BA in CS; thoughts/recs? bruh 65 6,217 01-11-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77