Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BABA Management & Leadership degree plan help needed please
(07-16-2022, 10:13 PM)LevelUP Wrote: You can open up to 3 Sophia courses at the same time, though you have to ask the Sophia staff to open up the 3rd.
I've had 4 open a couple of times. The team at Sophia are pretty good. They have even allowed me to add a 4th if I still had Touchstones to do on the basis I'd be submitting them over the weekend when they aren't there to add a course.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MidLifeCrisis's post:
  • arrakis
@arrakis, I highly recommend completing courses that are going towards that particular degree and not deviate by taking extra certs/courses elsewhere.  You can add the certs later after your degree is done, unless you're using those Coursera ACE credits towards the degree credits, you can do those for the electives if it doesn't take more of your energy/time.

It may be of your best interest to provide more details from the template and addendum as each person has various commitments and different scenarios, the more info we get from you, the better we can provide concrete advice:  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

If my guess is correct, you just have Sophia.org credits and no international/transfer credits.  If that is the case, you can follow the Wiki template and select the courses that interest you most from Sophia.org that you haven't taken yet for the "23 credits" it references, those are the "cheap, easy, fast" options.  Take up to 90 credits worth including the Study.com Biology with Lab.  

Wiki Link: UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan - Degree Forum Wiki (miraheze.org)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • arrakis, ss20ts
I am in IT mid-management. Career progression is blocked because of degree. Roles I aspire for require a masters. So UMPI BABA is a start, I would like to finish it as quickly as possible and then start an MBA.  Budget is not a concern, speed is. I can spend 25-30 hrs / week for studying. 

I do not have any credits other than the ones from Sophia. 

I have attached a completed degree plan, based on the one from Ashkir, and have the following questions:

1. Is there a cap on the # of GEC and General Electives credits one can take?
Current Sophia credit count is: 
GEC                          15
Gen Electives             29
Biz Admin Major         9
M&L Concentration     3 
--------------------------------
Total                         56 

Looks like I can add another 12 credits excluding English Comp 1 & 2. 

2. On Sophia, I already did Intro to College Math. Is it worth doing College Algebra and does it transfer to a related math course at UMPI?

3. Are English Comp 1 & 2 both required courses? Looks like everyone is recommending doing them at UMPI, not Sophia. 

4. Could you please review plan and let me know if there's any changes you would recommend?

Thank you all very much. Really grateful for all the help. 

A

Attached Files
.xlsx   umpi BABA plan 2.xlsx (Size: 12.52 KB / Downloads: 2)
1. The degree requires 120 credits and you must complete a minimum of 30 credits at UMPI. You can transfer in all of the GEC and all of the general electives. The GEC requires 40 credits. This degree has 18-21 general electives. So I wouldn't go crazy completing certificates because most transfer in as multiple courses.

2. Intro to College Math will come in as a general elective. College Algebra is a good class to take and transfer to UMPI.

3. Take Eng Comp 1 & 2 at UMPI. They're each only 1 paper at UMPI and can be completed in a few days which is not the case on Sophia.

4. Your spreadsheet isn't broken down into the 5 phases of the GEC, the major, the concentration, and the general electives so it's hard to say what you have left. Also you CAN take 39 credits at UMPI. Paying extra for Study isn't always the best thing to do.
Updated degree plan attached with pivot table so you can slice info. 

Here is the breakdown by category:

Category      Planned     Done
BA Major       33              9
GEC              40             15
Gen Elect      38              29
M&L Conc     21              3
-------------------------------------------
Total            132             56

Attached Files
.xlsx   umpi BABA plan 3.xlsx (Size: 19.64 KB / Downloads: 3)
Business Law is not part of the M & L concentration. You still don't have the GEC courses displayed showing which area they fill. It's much easier to follow when it's listed in order of the GEC reqs. It's easier to see what has been completed and what still needs to be completed that way. Your spreadsheet totals 132 credits. Only 120 will count towards the degree and 30 of them have to be taken at UMPI.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Am I on the right path for any BLS degree rme1987 11 277 Yesterday, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 168 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transfer and see what transfers, BEFORE starting the degree? ecdw94 8 365 03-24-2024, 01:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  First post, political science class guidance needed Daniel14 6 199 03-23-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: wildebeest
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,426 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  Non-Degree Enrollment PreLawCoastie 0 205 03-02-2024, 06:33 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  I earned an Honors BLS Degree with Two Minors in 8 days!! basicunitoflife 34 3,286 03-01-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: laknight
  Help with getting a degree ASAP Talia99 3 283 02-27-2024, 04:36 PM
  Completed! BAS Minor in Info Systems & Project Management mohelena02 4 413 02-25-2024, 07:14 PM
Smile BAS UMPI Degree Planning Questions Chimera 6 562 02-25-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Chimera