Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BACS update
(03-30-2020, 07:35 PM)natshar Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 07:16 PM)maxxor6868 Wrote: I appreciate the advice. I graduate at the end of may like around the 21 assuming I do not get delay with the virus. With that in mind plus the accuplacer and the month-long evaluation I will not be able to enroll till probably the end of June and so I would have to take the classes earliest it would be is July assuming everything including the accuplacer goes smoothly. Two questions though: would I be able to use pell grant if I started taking classes in July and can I take the capstone and sos 110 at the same time to finish my degree? Assume those are the only two courses left and I do not plan on double majoring in history nor do I plan on taking the tecep. Can I do that and graduate in Septemeber?

I'm pretty sure that as long as you sign up by July you should lock the old catalog so if you sign up for the August capstone you might still get the old catalog. But the thing is the July capstone comes with a tuition discount due to the virus and earlier graduation date. Also, who knows maybe the new catalog won't change anything but you never know, but with the changes, TESU has been making it doesn't seem good.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get the Pell grant if you took classes in July. As long as you have a FAFSA filled out and submitted to TESU and take 6 credits. Why do you think you would not be able to? If you didn't fill out FAFSA fill out asap.

Also since you are a high school senior maybe consider applying for a few scholarships in your community. I got a few after I graduated and usually, they just send you a check. Now that you have time with the virus it might a good idea. With the price of your degree being so low even just a few thousand in scholarships might pay for everything at TESU. Idk if the deadlines have passed through. I would look for small local or niche ones because not as many people enter. These might take more work but the odds are greater. For example, there was a local scholarship in my town they award to twenty people but you have to write an essay, but only eighteen people entered so they all won.

You can graduate in September as long as everything is done and submitted to TESU by July 1st. Of course, any courses you be taking at TESU (or even TECEPs) could still be in progress. So I don't see how it is a problem and apparently people on this forum say July 1st isn't hard and fast. And yes it usually does take a month but if you are really close to the date of graduation they can expedite the audit.
https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation
I have filled out the FAFSA and put TESU on there. I will look into local scholarship as the more I can get the lower the tuition will cost me. I will be sure to do what you said because that sounds pretty nice to get pell grant and be able to enroll in the courses in July. I would like to lock in the catalog just in case TESU tries to change anything thank you again for the help.
(03-30-2020, 08:10 PM)maxxor6868 Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 07:35 PM)natshar Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 07:16 PM)maxxor6868 Wrote: I appreciate the advice. I graduate at the end of may like around the 21 assuming I do not get delay with the virus. With that in mind plus the accuplacer and the month-long evaluation I will not be able to enroll till probably the end of June and so I would have to take the classes earliest it would be is July assuming everything including the accuplacer goes smoothly. Two questions though: would I be able to use pell grant if I started taking classes in July and can I take the capstone and sos 110 at the same time to finish my degree? Assume those are the only two courses left and I do not plan on double majoring in history nor do I plan on taking the tecep. Can I do that and graduate in Septemeber?

I'm pretty sure that as long as you sign up by July you should lock the old catalog so if you sign up for the August capstone you might still get the old catalog. But the thing is the July capstone comes with a tuition discount due to the virus and earlier graduation date. Also, who knows maybe the new catalog won't change anything but you never know, but with the changes, TESU has been making it doesn't seem good.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get the Pell grant if you took classes in July. As long as you have a FAFSA filled out and submitted to TESU and take 6 credits. Why do you think you would not be able to? If you didn't fill out FAFSA fill out asap.

Also since you are a high school senior maybe consider applying for a few scholarships in your community. I got a few after I graduated and usually, they just send you a check. Now that you have time with the virus it might a good idea. With the price of your degree being so low even just a few thousand in scholarships might pay for everything at TESU. Idk if the deadlines have passed through. I would look for small local or niche ones because not as many people enter. These might take more work but the odds are greater. For example, there was a local scholarship in my town they award to twenty people but you have to write an essay, but only eighteen people entered so they all won.

You can graduate in September as long as everything is done and submitted to TESU by July 1st. Of course, any courses you be taking at TESU (or even TECEPs) could still be in progress. So I don't see how it is a problem and apparently people on this forum say July 1st isn't hard and fast. And yes it usually does take a month but if you are really close to the date of graduation they can expedite the audit.
https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation
I have filled out the FAFSA and put TESU on there. I will look into local scholarship as the more I can get the lower the tuition will cost me. I will be sure to do what you said because that sounds pretty nice to get pell grant and be able to enroll in the courses in July. I would like to lock in the catalog just in case TESU tries to change anything thank you again for the help.
You should get an email from Tesu with your aid awards it will tell you if you got the pell grant. Then when you pay tuition the amount you we should be less because the pell grant is subtracted.so you will know if you got it by looking at the cost of the 6 credirs.
@Maxxor6868, that seems like a pretty good plan and I agree to get into the July term at the latest!  I would work on the degree of choice and leave "History" off the degree unless you want to graduate with it in December.  For tuition discounts for May, June and July - See here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...n-Discount 

And Yes, I usually get people to do both the Capstone/Cornerstone at the same time and to spend 80/20 of their time on each as the Capstone is much harder than the cornerstone.  Just make sure to complete your assignments before schedule, you should be fine if you have great time management and no other courses to do.

One thing to note that wasn't mentioned is, if you do the July term, you graduate in December - not September.  The only option is to take a May (or June term at the latest).  Even the June term would be a December graduation but some people have managed to secure that by getting prior permission as the course ends right at the final audit dates.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-31-2020, 11:59 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Maxxor6868, that seems like a pretty good plan and I agree to get into the July term at the latest!  I would work on the degree of choice and leave "History" off the degree unless you want to graduate with it in December.  For tuition discounts for May, June and July - See here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...n-Discount 

And Yes, I usually get people to do both the Capstone/Cornerstone at the same time and to spend 80/20 of their time on each as the Capstone is much harder than the cornerstone.  Just make sure to complete your assignments before schedule, you should be fine if you have great time management and no other courses to do.

One thing to note that wasn't mentioned is, if you do the July term, you graduate in December - not September.  The only option is to take a May (or June term at the latest).  Even the June term would be a December graduation but some people have managed to secure that by getting prior permission as the course ends right at the final audit dates.
So the term would end of September but graduation would be December correct?
[-] The following 1 user Likes maxxor6868's post:
  • natshar
maxxor6868 Wrote:So the term would end of September but graduation would be December correct?

Oh Yes, it will end in September and graduation would be December.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile BACS: COS-2050 Python Programming VS COS-4510 AI,which course is easier? Felisa 5 461 01-21-2024, 01:59 PM
Last Post: davewill
  BACS Plan Verification mrobel 4 400 01-18-2024, 12:49 PM
Last Post: davewill
  French international student questions about TESU BACS azuki 19 1,877 11-03-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BACS/BSBA CIS - Transferring Credits MortySanchez 12 1,358 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM
Question My current degree plan for BACS, any suggestions elcastor21 7 718 08-28-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  TESU BACS & Dual BSBA CIS + Finance max transfer credits. CanICode 18 1,037 08-04-2023, 06:22 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  TESU BACS & BSBA CIS at the same time? CanICode 25 3,179 07-10-2023, 08:29 PM
  Update: Study.com TESU Transfer Equivalencies bjcheung77 12 1,608 05-16-2023, 05:48 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Suggestion for BACS advisor? poisonedapple 7 660 04-16-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: poisonedapple
  TESU - BACS, where to take courses? mt_1994 11 1,301 02-09-2023, 04:06 PM