Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BALS - Advice Needed.
Hello-

I'm a newbie and although grateful for the information I have come across on this site, I am feeling somewhat over-whelmed.  

I need advice as to how to obtain a BALS degree fast and affordable. It's basically for me to just be able to "check the box"  As far as the concentration goes, I am leaning towards Business or Human Resources.  

Is it possible to test out for the majority of this degree?  
Is there anyone that is willing to share a degree plan?  I'm open to any of the Big 3 or others...   

I will be starting from scratch; ZERO credits. 

Thanks in advance for any of your advice/guidance!

GaKim
I've only really dealt with TESU which has recently changed somethings. If you ask there are some great people who do degree planning help
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • GaKim
For a newbie who's starting off, I get them to review the Beginners Guide and the Wiki info. They're a quick run-down on what's available for you to use and gives the most info. Take your time and read that, ask questions in this thread if you are stuck on something.

Now, you should get your ACE account setup and start with the FREE credits, ALEKS, and work the majority of your courses through Onlinedegree.com/StraighterLine.com/Study.com if you want to do everything remotely and at the comfort of home.

Since reading your past and your registration date, you need to get a detailed plan. Click the link to my signature and download the spreadsheets on post #28,#31 to get a glimpse of how a degree plan looks like. Good Luck & Happy Studies!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • GaKim, suzycupcake
(04-15-2019, 11:54 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Now, you should get your ACE account setup and start with the FREE credits, ALEKS, and work the majority of your courses through Onlinedegree.com/StraighterLine.com/Study.com if you want to do everything remotely and at the comfort of home.

Also have a look at the free CLEP vouchers available from modernstates.org if you have a CLEP testing center nearby.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 1 user Likes quigongene's post:
  • GaKim
(04-15-2019, 12:21 PM)quigongene Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 11:54 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Now, you should get your ACE account setup and start with the FREE credits, ALEKS, and work the majority of your courses through Onlinedegree.com/StraighterLine.com/Study.com if you want to do everything remotely and at the comfort of home.  

Also have a look at the free CLEP vouchers available from modernstates.org if you have a CLEP testing center nearby.

Thank you, I will check them out!

(04-15-2019, 11:54 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For a newbie who's starting off, I get them to review the Beginners Guide and the Wiki info.  They're a quick run-down on what's available for you to use and gives the most info.  Take your time and read that, ask questions in this thread if you are stuck on something.

Now, you should get your ACE account setup and start with the FREE credits, ALEKS, and work the majority of your courses through Onlinedegree.com/StraighterLine.com/Study.com if you want to do everything remotely and at the comfort of home.  

Since reading your past and your registration date, you need to get a detailed plan.  Click the link to my signature and download the spreadsheets on post #28,#31 to get a glimpse of how a degree plan looks like.  Good Luck & Happy Studies!

I will start there.  I appreciate it!!
Honestly, for a business degree, WGU might be the quickest and cheapest now. It for sure cheaper than TESU between the two required courses and fees you are looking at a minimum 6k, whereas WGU is less then 4k for 6 months.

Basically, you would earn 90 credits of your degree through alternative methods like test out. Then finish the remaining part at WGU through self-paced online courses, which you would have 6 months to do (or else you will have to pay again).
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • GaKim
I forgot to mention in my original post that I will qualify for approx $5000 in financial aid/grant. I did see where it was mentioned that New Mexico Jr College has very low tuition. I'm curious as to whether or not I should take a couple classes through them to start and use any refunded tuition to pay for my SDC or SL courses, etc.. ???
(04-15-2019, 09:36 PM)GAKim72 Wrote: I forgot to mention in my original post that I will qualify for approx $5000 in financial aid/grant. I did see where it was mentioned that New Mexico Jr College has very low tuition. I'm curious as to whether or not I should take a couple classes through them to start and use any refunded tuition to pay for my SDC or SL courses, etc.. ???

Well then Wgu is really worth looking into because you could use your aid to pay tution there.

But what you said is an option too. People have done it I believe.
It depends really what your end goal is, I would use the $ towards the required two courses at TESU if you're going with them, or COSC, etc. You need to pay for the Cornerstone and Capstone courses, each of the two are $1000+. You can use the aid/grant for paying towards those two courses. If you must take courses at a community college and use the remainder of the grant on TESU/COSC courses, you should take some courses that are to your interest or easy for you to get a good GPA.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-15-2019, 09:36 PM)GAKim72 Wrote: I forgot to mention in my original post that I will qualify for approx $5000 in financial aid/grant.  I did see where it was mentioned that New Mexico Jr College has very low tuition.  I'm curious as to whether or not I should take a couple classes through them to start and use any refunded tuition to pay for my SDC or SL courses, etc..  ???
Why did you make a new account?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 617 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Burnout advice anewmanx 13 2,570 11-18-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
Question Seeking advice - should I switch degrees? impasta 15 3,162 06-09-2023, 02:00 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Nutrition & Fitness - degree advice lumina 10 1,023 01-23-2023, 02:08 PM
Last Post: lumina
  Calc based Physics needed Hometeacher628 14 1,305 09-14-2022, 03:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Top 10 Things Needed to Help Get You Employed LevelUP 7 750 06-23-2022, 02:24 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Need advice to get either 30 credits and be registered at a school or 60 suzycupcake 20 1,970 06-18-2022, 10:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Warren Buffett Has 1 Key Piece of Career Advice for College Kids LevelUP 2 682 03-08-2022, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  BALS degree Foreign Service Officer Test vetvso 2 778 02-25-2022, 02:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Any Project Managers on this board? Seeking advice collegechick 3 948 12-21-2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: ashkir