Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BALS Captone - Dec, Jan, Feb?
Since I cannot graduate until June at this point, I have the option of doing it in Dec, Jan, or Feb. 
I still have no idea what topic I am going to focus on, I am not well versed in any one subject. I also don't feel that SL or SDC has "improved" my writing ability in preparation for this.

The instructors for December are:
A. Sinding
D. Weischadle
D. Wiley
G. Caicco

For January:
B. Moore
N. Haydel
A. Black
J. Cody

January appears to be filling up. I think I have seen a mix of instructors from both months mentioned on here. Can anyone recommend any of these? Best to wait for a particular mentor?
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
Good luck! That's so exciting to be so close to the finish line! I'm hoping to crack down on courses really hard and take the capstone in Feb so that I can graduate in June, but that's a ton of work so I don't know if I'll be able to pull it off. I don't know what I'll be writing about either. Choosing a topic seems quite daunting. I was thinking about starting a thread about that soon actually. Is there anything that you're personally interested in and would want to learn more about?
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
(11-20-2018, 10:25 AM)TexasTink Wrote: Good luck!  That's so exciting to be so close to the finish line!  I'm hoping to crack down on courses really hard and take the capstone in Feb so that I can graduate in June, but that's a ton of work so I don't know if I'll be able to pull it off.  I don't know what I'll be writing about either.  Choosing a topic seems quite daunting.  I was thinking about starting a thread about that soon actually.  Is there anything that you're personally interested in and would want to learn more about?

Thanks! 
I wish I had a job in something a little more specialized, it would have made this a bit easier to choose a topic I am already well acquainted with.

Honestly, I am not interested in much haha. I was thinking of maybe doing something related to another country or something related to criminal justice.
Credits:
Take the February one. First, This is to make sure you have all other courses done. Second is to review what other people have posted about the capstone. Third, it gives you more time to work on your topic of choice. Four, you can actually start your “work” before your course starts if you know what is required.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I can heartily recommend Prof. Cody. He is accommodating of subject choices, gives a good example paper, responds to questions in a timely manner, and makes meaningful comments on the drafts...and he gave me a good grade. Wink
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • coldseal, Muldoon
(11-20-2018, 12:11 PM)davewill Wrote: I can heartily recommend Prof. Cody. He is accommodating of subject choices, gives a good example paper, responds to questions in a timely manner, and makes meaningful comments on the drafts...and he gave me a good grade. Wink

hmmm decisions... this course is really making me anxious. I think January might be better than waiting until Feb
Credits:
(11-21-2018, 10:13 AM)zzzz24 Wrote:
(11-20-2018, 12:11 PM)davewill Wrote: I can heartily recommend Prof. Cody. He is accommodating of subject choices, gives a good example paper, responds to questions in a timely manner, and makes meaningful comments on the drafts...and he gave me a good grade. Wink

hmmm decisions... this course is really making me anxious. I think January might be better than waiting until Feb

Personally, I would get started on the Capstone as soon as possible, as it is by far the toughest course you're going to take. Then take you're few remaining courses after your complete it.
(11-26-2018, 04:35 PM)activechamp06 Wrote:
(11-21-2018, 10:13 AM)zzzz24 Wrote:

Personally, I would get started on the Capstone as soon as possible, as it is by far the toughest course you're going to take. Then take you're few remaining courses after your complete it.

I am on my last course now, so it will be the only course I am completing once I start it. 

Because I can't graduate until June, I do have the luxury of working on it before the course actually commences, whether I register for January or February. 

I still do not know what I am going to do for it though.
Credits:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confusion about BALS with concentration transcript Raine 5 428 08-23-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BALS Concentration/GE Questions PLEX 3 431 06-30-2023, 11:25 AM
  BALS Natural Sciences/Mathematics Clarification ACR1200 14 1,169 06-12-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  need help designing TESU BALS degree plan ece2001biz 8 1,115 02-06-2023, 12:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BALS(PSY) ragkrish 10 1,096 07-26-2022, 02:23 PM
Last Post: ragkrish
  Capstone BAlS desoren 6 980 06-10-2022, 02:41 PM
  Upper Level Options - BALS BSBRose21 13 1,646 05-21-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: BSBRose21
  BALS concentration or no Concentration desoren 4 929 09-27-2021, 08:48 AM
Last Post: desoren
  BALS - Humanities - Course suggestions Learnfordegree 13 2,004 09-23-2021, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Learnfordegree
  495 capstone BALS vs BA Mitmike2019 9 1,239 08-11-2021, 07:02 AM
Last Post: allvia