Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BALS- Dual AOS
Hello everyone. I would like to know more about a dual AOS in a BALS degree. How much of a difference does it make if I completed a BALS General Management or BALS HR Management AOS in addition to a BALS-Psychology concentration?

How many extra credits must I earn? 18? On the TESU website, it says I can share a max of 9 credits between one AOS and another. Can I choose to use 3 upper level courses between the two AOS? Or it must be lower level courses only?

Should I then complete complete 3 more courses (9 credits) to meet the second AOS requirements? How does it work?
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
I believe what you're reading about 9 credits only applies to a second AOS, not a second concentration. All of the degrees you just mentioned have Liberal Studies as the Area of Study
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
As has been stated, those aren't dual AOS, they're dual concentrations/minors.  Your AOS is Liberal Studies which requires 33 hours overall, 3 of those being the Capstone.  If you have one concentration, the website says it is anywhere from 12-21 of those credits.  For me, my Humanities concentration is 18 credits.  Half of which have to be UL.  Then I have 12 credits of Liberal Studies to round out my AOS.  Because I only have 3 UL classes in Humanities, 2 of my general Liberal Studies classes are also UL to get me to the required 15 UL credits (outside of the Capstone).  

I have never found any information about what it takes to have a double concentration.  I had considered it at one point, but gave up the idea.  I'm not sure if they lower the requirements for each concentration - for instance, make it more like 12 credits each.  They may also just take away free electives and put them those towards another concentration?  Or it may be that your entire AOS is comprised of both concentrations.  Either way, I don't think you can re-use any credits as those are very specific to the individual concentrations.  I have to send an email to my academic advisor today, so I may ask about this!
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
Thanks for clarifying. I guess I am asking about a second concentration only.

Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 

You could get a Certificate if you wanted, there are business certs you can add to your BALS. Some/all of the courses can be used in the AOS, depending on the cert. For instance, if you wanted to get a cert in Accounting, none of the courses would work in the AOS (although they would work in Free Electives). But if you wanted a cert in Gen Mgmt, Managerial Comm and I/O Psych would both work in the AOS. If you wanted a Cert in HRM, Org Behavior, Soc of Work, and Interpersonal Comm would all work in the AOS.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you dfrecore. Is that looked upon as being equal to a dual concentration?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,755 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Almost finished with dual CIS/CS degree - HELP! ACI 22 2,014 01-04-2024, 03:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Confusion about BALS with concentration transcript Raine 5 413 08-23-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BACS & Dual BSBA CIS + Finance max transfer credits. CanICode 18 1,009 08-04-2023, 06:22 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  BALS Concentration/GE Questions PLEX 3 414 06-30-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BALS Natural Sciences/Mathematics Clarification ACR1200 14 1,144 06-12-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSBA Marketing (possible dual degree CIS) ThePA 6 656 04-12-2023, 10:03 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  BSBA CIS DUAL DEGREE techmama 14 1,235 04-10-2023, 04:48 PM
Last Post: jch