Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BALS planning
Hello everyone, new here and i am looking to get a bachelors in anything ASAP.

I have done my own research on this forum for a few days (boy was I overwhelmed at first) but I think I get it now.

I have applied to TESU and was granted admission, I just haven't received my transcript eval yet. I was wondering if one of you fine people can take a look at my transcript and let me know if I'm on my correct footing.

Completed credits:
AA In Liberal Arts from my CC (64 credits total, however I did have to take one remedial math class so there's that)
24 credits from my B&M Uni. (21 of which are UL)

If I'm lucky, then 84 of my credits should transfer, leaving 36.
I speak spanish so I was going to take the spanish CLEP hopefully for 9 credits, then the corner and capstone are 6 credits, leaving 21 credits.

Am I correct by this logic? 
What classes should I take next?
Since I need 100 credits to start my capstone, should I wait until March to start my Cornerstone & Capstone concurrently?
Am I correct in deducing that my earliest potential graduation date would be September?

Thank you all!

Attached Files
.pdf   Credits.pdf (Size: 37.86 KB / Downloads: 28)
Yay! You've got most of your general education and all the upper level requirements completed, you're just left with free electives practically. I would recommend just waiting for the evaluation to complete, if you want to be proactive, sign up for Sophia.org and finish a few liberal arts courses, any courses that do not duplicate the courses you have taken already. You're just left with the Capstone/Cornerstone combo! I also suggest taking the CSM Learn course...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If you speak Spanish do the ACFTL program. I personally got 15 credits plus 5 upper level. This is as an American that has spoken Spanish their whole life. https://www.languagetesting.com/lti/prod...ng_id/7190?

So far I've only gotten 3 credits approved for TESU, although I'm expecting the 5 upper level credits soon.
My only caveat is that I do not think TESU brings in some of those UL Advertising courses as Communications, instead they are considered Business courses, which won't work in the AoS.  So my advice is to wait and see what the Eval looks like.

One thing to think about: COSC will be way cheaper, and they MAY bring in the courses as you'd like, which would easily make a COMM or MCOM concentration (add some UL marketing courses from Study.com for your BSLS concentration).  You'd need 3 additional UL courses, I'd suggest an UL Ethics course, and maybe some UL Psych or History and you're good to go.  You'll save almost $3500 going this route. This would be my 1st choice.

EC will also be cheaper than TESU, and you don't need to declare (actually can't declare) a major with the BSLA degree. BUT, you would be in a similar boat to TESU in terms of where your credits fall, in which case why pay an extra $1300 for a degree? So EC is my 2nd choice.

For all 3 schools, you need Ethics.  But I would just apply to all of them and see what they say, then come back here to let us know, and we can tell you the cheapest/quickest route forward.

-----------------------------------------

Forgot to mention that at TESU, if they did not bring the UL Advertising/MarComm courses in as BALS - you could add an Undergrad Cert in Marketing using those credits.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-24-2021, 09:53 AM)dfrecore Wrote: My only caveat is that I do not think TESU brings in some of those UL Advertising courses as Communications, instead they are considered Business courses, which won't work in the AoS.  So my advice is to wait and see what the Eval looks like.

One thing to think about: COSC will be way cheaper, and they MAY bring in the courses as you'd like, which would easily make a COMM or MCOM concentration (add some UL marketing courses from Study.com for your BSLS concentration).  You'd need 3 additional UL courses, I'd suggest an UL Ethics course, and maybe some UL Psych or History and you're good to go.  You'll save almost $3500 going this route. This would be my 1st choice.

EC will also be cheaper than TESU, and you don't need to declare (actually can't declare) a major with the BSLA degree. BUT, you would be in a similar boat to TESU in terms of where your credits fall, in which case why pay an extra $1300 for a degree? So EC is my 2nd choice.

For all 3 schools, you need Ethics.  But I would just apply to all of them and see what they say, then come back here to let us know, and we can tell you the cheapest/quickest route forward.

-----------------------------------------

Forgot to mention that at TESU, if they did not bring the UL Advertising/MarComm courses in as BALS - you could add an Undergrad Cert in Marketing using those credits.

Thank you for laying it out like this for me to consider! I was considering COSC but their start and grad dates were confusing to me. When can I start and what would be my earliest grad date provided things go as I hope? For TESU it was easy to find on their site that the earliest possible date would be Sept as long as I start no later than May.
You have another thread about starting COSC in March. Have you figured out where you're going? You need to pick a school first and then work on towards their program.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 23 1,033 04-13-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  UMPI BLS Degree planning advice, need help huiwh1998 16 520 04-08-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 55 1,767 04-06-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: crowbird
  Degree planning advice, fastest way, need help Bikingrox211 19 1,273 04-06-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 10 364 03-29-2024, 01:55 PM
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 8 454 03-28-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,966 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
Big Grin Degree Planning - Longtime listener, first time caller Wiser Indigenous 10 941 03-17-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
Big Grin Degree Planning Advice - Pierpont to UMPI or WGU ElBert 11 646 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
  Bobsleigh - Degree Planning Advice - Help Please Bobsleigh 44 3,350 03-01-2024, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Bobsleigh