Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIG NEWS
Excelsior just changed their tuition. They dropped the multi-source tier!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chirp's post:
  • BigDaddy1
Excelsior just changed their tuition.

would have been a much better post title than "big news"
[-] The following 3 users Like bluebooger's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, Kab, ss20ts
(10-25-2021, 06:46 PM)bluebooger Wrote: Excelsior just changed their tuition.

would have been a much better post title than "big news"

I'm not even sure what to say to this...I posted this on the Excelsior exclusive thread, which means anyone who wants info on the school should look here first. I've been sitting on this info for a few weeks, because although as a current student I've had this information that long, they hadn't made it public yet. I of course can put it on the general thread, but was waiting to see if it gained traction here, or if others who are more involved with this forum wanted to take over the topic ( they often do, given their extensive knowledge).
So if you transfer all in how much is now?

Sent from my NX591J using DegreeForum.net mobile app
If you use the Sophia partnership (and why wouldn't you?), it's 7 credits * $410 tuition = $2870. Plus 7 * $20 technology fee = $140. Graduation fee of $260.

Total cost @ Excelsior: $3270.

Some degrees want one or two extra courses specifically from Excelsior, so add in another $1230 or $2870 for those.

If you're able to get most of your credits with Sophia, that'd be ~$400 (or less).

Bring in the rest of your credits from SDC, Davar, & Coopersmith for another $1500 or so. 

Total cost for a degree from scratch would be roughly $5200-$8000. 

May be a bit more or less depending on the exact degree and courses taken. This puts it into the realm of being almost as cheap as UMPI, though not nearly as easy to gather courses for.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • harrypotter, Kab
(10-26-2021, 06:59 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you use the Sophia partnership (and why wouldn't you?), it's 7 credits * $410 tuition = $2870. Plus 7 * $20 technology fee = $140. Graduation fee of $260.

Total cost @ Excelsior: $3270.

Some degrees want one or two extra courses specifically from Excelsior, so add in another $1230 or $2870 for those.

If you're able to get most of your credits with Sophia, that'd be ~$400 (or less).

Bring in the rest of your credits from SDC, Davar, & Coopersmith for another $1500 or so. 

Total cost for a degree from scratch would be roughly $5200-$8000. 

May be a bit more or less depending on the exact degree and courses taken. This puts it into the realm of being almost as cheap as UMPI, though not nearly as easy to gather courses for.

I don't think this pricing is correct.  I think you still need to take at least 12cr there to get the discount, so it would be $4,031 for the remaining 7cr there (info lit, cornerstone and capstone at $510/cr + fees); and if you wanted to get the 20% discount for Sophia, Study.com, SL, etc, it would be $6,079 for 13cr.

Previously, it was $5,300 for 7cr and then $5,850 for 13cr, a BIG savings to do those 2 extra courses - but with getting rid of the $1,095 enrollment fee for everyone, it now makes a lot of sense to go ahead and just do your 7cr there and bring everything else in.

So again, it's $4,031 for 7cr at EC.  A big savings over TESU ($6,654/6cr); and COSC is $3,181 for 6cr.

I think at this point, for cost + ease (ability to get a BSLA, no need for a concentration, accepts NCCRS, no lab science requirement, and most importantly NO RA REQUIREMENT), EC is a better choice than COSC.  TESU still wins out for some things (more degrees), but EC is my first choice most of the time.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Kab
You're right, I read the partnership page wrong. Still, partners get no application fee and no yearly fee as long as you take at least 6 EC credits during the year. That's better than non-partnership pricing.

I just wish EC had more alt credit friendly degrees.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Here is the email:

Dear xxx,
I am writing to let you know about tuition and fee changes for the 2021–2022 academic year that will begin with the opening of registration for the Spring I trimester. These changes are designed to make paying for an Excelsior education less complicated and easier than ever before.

The tuition for students enrolled in an undergraduate program remains $410 per credit with a technology fee of $20 per credit. What is changing for those interested in enrolling in an associate or bachelor’s degree program includes:

• No Student Services Annual Fee, effective October 25, 2021
• The introduction of an Academic Services Fee of $28 per credit, so that students only pay for student services when they are using them
• No fees for non-matriculated students and students who reactivate their enrollment, effective October 25, 2021
• A reduction in the Graduation Fee to $125

With these changes to our tuition and fee structure, students are eligible to use financial aid for the majority of their tuition and fee expenses.

On behalf of all of us at Excelsior College, I wish you success as you pursue your degree.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

[-] The following 2 users Like TwinMom's post:
  • BigDaddy1, rachel83az
(10-26-2021, 11:03 AM)TwinMom Wrote: Here is the email:

Dear xxx,
I am writing to let you know about tuition and fee changes for the 2021–2022 academic year that will begin with the opening of registration for the Spring I trimester. These changes are designed to make paying for an Excelsior education less complicated and easier than ever before.

The tuition for students enrolled in an undergraduate program remains $410 per credit with a technology fee of $20 per credit. What is changing for those interested in enrolling in an associate or bachelor’s degree program includes:

• The introduction of an Academic Services Fee of $28 per credit, so that students only pay for student services when they are using them
• No fees for non-matriculated students and students who reactivate their enrollment, effective October 25, 2021

With these changes to our tuition and fee structure, students are eligible to use financial aid for the majority of their tuition and fee expenses.

On behalf of all of us at Excelsior College, I wish you success as you pursue your degree.

You must be in under a partnership agreement, because the tuition shows $510/cr on their website.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-26-2021, 11:32 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-26-2021, 11:03 AM)TwinMom Wrote: Here is the email:

Dear xxx,

You must be in under a partnership agreement, because the tuition shows $510/cr on their website.
I noticed that too. I'm sure you're right.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS