Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BIG Sophia Course Coupon!!
Sophia coupon code LOVELEARNING

Here's the deal: valid from 2/15 through 2/21
Buy any 3 courses for $297 (that's $690 off)
Jennifer
10-year member

MS Applied Nutrition, 2014 Canisius College, NY
Premed/Prenursing Sciences, 2011 Ocean County College, NJ
BA Social Science, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AA General Studies, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AOS Culinary Arts,1990 Culinary Institute of America, NY

Homeschooling for College Credit
[-] The following 2 users Like cookderosa's post:
  • AwardTour, MNomadic
Thats a great deal! Sophia has great content...too bad I dont need any courses from them as there selection is so limited.

Hey Sophia if you're reading this you guys should add some more courses! Start with data structures, biology II, chemistry II, intro to programming and some more philisophy course and even a few communication courses.

You platform and content is so good plus so much time to complete it that if you offer courses no one else has you will do great!
GRADUATE

Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (In Progress..)
MITx to ALM in ES: Management, Harvard University (Planned...2021)

UNDERGRAD

Sep 2019 Grad...

BA Computer Science, TESU
BA Liberal Studies, TESU
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  

SL (27 Cr): Eng Com I II, Ameri Gov, Reli, Nutri, Envi Sci, Cul Ant, Med Ter, IT Fund
Shmoop (18 Cr): Hist Tech, Hu Sex, Med Lit, Bible Lit, Prof Wrtng, E-Com
Sophia (11 Cr): Col Alg, Info Tech, Pub Speak, Effe Teams, Manag Con
TEEX (5 Cr): Cyb Ever, IT Prof, Info Risk Man  Aleks (9 Cr): Beg. Alg, Inter. Alg, Trig
ED4Credit (3 Cr): Man Info Sys   CPCU (2 Cr): Ethics
TESU (4 Cr): Corner, Capstone  Study.com (39 Cr): Pres. Skills, C Prog, Disc Math, Comp Arch, Op Sys, DB Man, Sys Analy, Calc I, Forensic Sci, Geometry, Intro Prog, Data Str
B&M (46 Cr)

Wow thanks!
Oh no... I'm really tempted by this... I don't need any more credits though and I just started my Capstone. But I was thinking of taking some courses after graduation to explore more areas relating to future jobs. How long do they let you delay the start?
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone
(02-16-2019, 10:23 AM)TexasTink Wrote: Oh no... I'm really tempted by this... I don't need any more credits though and I just started my Capstone. But I was thinking of taking some courses after graduation to explore more areas relating to future jobs. How long do they let you delay the start?

I think I remember hearing 3 months, but it's best to email them. It's not forever, that I know.
Jennifer
10-year member

MS Applied Nutrition, 2014 Canisius College, NY
Premed/Prenursing Sciences, 2011 Ocean County College, NJ
BA Social Science, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AA General Studies, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AOS Culinary Arts,1990 Culinary Institute of America, NY

Homeschooling for College Credit
Nice, this is great for Sophia and for students! That's three courses for the price of one at the regular rate!
If I was starting off, I would jump on this deal in a heartbeat. There are a few classes that aren't offered anywhere else.
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Working on: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2018 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc
(02-16-2019, 01:15 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Nice, this is great for Sophia and for students! That's three courses for the price of one at the regular rate!
If I was starting off, I would jump on this deal in a heartbeat. There are a few classes that aren't offered anywhere else.

Do you remember off the top of your head which ones? I’m just starting out and loved Sophia’s free courses, but of course don’t want to duplicate ones that I could do on OD or Modernstates.
(02-16-2019, 12:18 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 10:23 AM)TexasTink Wrote: Oh no... I'm really tempted by this... I don't need any more credits though and I just started my Capstone.  But I was thinking of taking some courses after graduation to explore more areas relating to future jobs.  How long do they let you delay the start?

I think I remember hearing 3 months, but it's best to email them.  It's not forever, that I know.

That's what I was thinking too, but I emailed them to make sure.
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone
(02-16-2019, 01:23 PM)bethanyneedsajob Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 01:15 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Nice, this is great for Sophia and for students! That's three courses for the price of one at the regular rate!

Do you remember off the top of your head which ones? I’m just starting out and loved Sophia’s free courses, but of course don’t want to duplicate ones that I could do on OD or Modernstates.

Just eyeballing the course lists, here are some that aren't available through OD/CLEP (besides the free ones):

Intro to Business
Project Management
Conflict Resolution*
Public Speaking
Visual Communications*
Ancient Greek Philosophers*
Approaches to Studying Religions*
Art History I
Intro to Ethics
Intro to Information Technology*
Intro to Statistics

I've added an asterisk to the courses where I don't see a course with the same equivalency on Study.com.
Link to all credits earned: Link
bethanyneedsajob Wrote:
bjcheung77 Wrote:Nice, this is great for Sophia and for students! That's three courses for the price of one at the regular rate!

There are a few and they're all worth 3 credits at TESU for example.
Conflict Resolution - COM 299
Visual Communications - COM 231
Ancient Greek Philosophers - PHI 226
Introduction to Information Technology - comes in as COS 110
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Working on: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2018 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia final exam TwinMom 2 68 08-23-2019, 03:32 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Sophia 1/2 off 3 or more courses Murdockb 1 203 08-23-2019, 10:55 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Sophia Ancient Greek not for COSC? SweetsugarNL 5 171 08-19-2019, 01:58 PM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  SL Coupon Code jane_eyre11 513 63,155 08-07-2019, 10:51 PM
Last Post: jleissler
  It is possible to use 3 discount coupons in Sophia by using the three steps payment? cecilgambe7 3 187 08-06-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: bethanyneedsajob
  Current Study.com coupon codes? pws 9 608 08-04-2019, 01:03 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia how to prepare for Milestone? SweetsugarNL 3 205 07-26-2019, 10:09 AM
  Sophia Keystrokes Identity Verification CreditsandCoffee 2 260 07-20-2019, 01:25 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  How does TESU take Sophia classes? ACE or direct? suzycupcake 6 360 07-19-2019, 04:56 AM
  TESC & Sophia Credit Transfer List SCYankee 6 498 07-14-2019, 07:28 PM
Last Post: SCYankee