Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BIG Sophia Course Coupon!!
I think Study.com has an Intro IT course.

The religion one has a unique name but probably isn't different than Intro to World Religions.

(02-16-2019, 01:58 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Introduction to Information Technology - comes in as COS 110

101?

I would recommend anyone looking at this deal to also look at the respective schools link.  For example, TESU link https://tesu.sophia.org/#courses shows transferable courses and what it should transfer in as.  

However, there are things to note that the Project Management course should be Lower Level as ACE has it as Lower Level.  The site may not be updated, so I also recommend to email the school you want to attend to make sure the transfer is correct.

TESU link https://tesu.sophia.org/#courses
As per the site: Introduction to Information Technology - comes in as Computer Science COS 110
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • cookderosa
(02-16-2019, 01:15 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Nice, this is great for Sophia and for students! That's three courses for the price of one at the regular rate!
If I was starting off, I would jump on this deal in a heartbeat. There are a few classes that aren't offered anywhere else.

It's actually cheaper- their regular rate is $329 per 3cr course. This comes out to $99/class
(02-16-2019, 02:00 PM)Ideas Wrote: I think Study.com has an Intro IT course.

The religion one has a unique name but probably isn't different than Intro to World Religions.

(02-16-2019, 01:58 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Introduction to Information Technology - comes in as COS 110

101?
According to the transfer guides, neither of these sets will duplicate.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(02-16-2019, 02:14 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: TESU link https://tesu.sophia.org/#courses
As per the site: Introduction to Information Technology - comes in as Computer Science COS 110

I wonder if they recently changed how that class comes in?  On my evaluation, it's showing up as CIS 107.
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
[-] The following 1 user Likes TexasTink's post:
  • Ideas
(02-16-2019, 02:14 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I would recommend anyone looking at this deal to also look at the respective schools link.  For example, TESU link https://tesu.sophia.org/#courses shows transferable courses and what it should transfer in as.  

However, there are things to note that the Project Management course should be Lower Level as ACE has it as Lower Level.  The site may not be updated, so I also recommend to email the school you want to attend to make sure the transfer is correct.

I think that this is incorrect information.  I see CIS 110 on the transfer guide.  It is very close, but not the same at all.
Sophia's project management transfers to TESU as MAN-235 Intro to Project Management, not the UL they have on the transfer list.
Myself: Pierpont BOG (May 2018), TESU BALS-SS (June 2019)
CC: 34cr 1979-95 SL: 9cr Shmoop: 6cr SC: 48cr Sophia: 5cr OD: 12cr TEEX: 3cr Ed4Credit: 6cr TESU: 7cr

My son: Currently pursuing Harvard Extension MLA Digital Media Design 28 Cr completed
TESU ASNSM in CS (June 2018), TESU BA Learner-Designed-Software Dev/Web Design Heart & Cert CIS (March 2019)
CSU Global: 9cr Hodges: 24cr SL: 15cr SC: 51cr TEEX: 4cr Sophia: 8cr CLEP: 3cr ED4Credit: 6cr TESU: 6cr Alex:3cr
(02-16-2019, 04:34 PM)eriehiker Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 02:14 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I would recommend anyone looking at this deal to also look at the respective schools link.  For example, TESU link https://tesu.sophia.org/#courses shows transferable courses and what it should transfer in as.  

I think that this is incorrect information.  I see CIS 110 on the transfer guide.  It is very close, but not the same at all.
Sophia's Introduction to Information Technology for me came in as CIS-107. I asked TESU before I took the class if the class could be applied to Section C: Computers under Area 2: Core for the BSBA-CIS degree. I am not sure if that influenced the coding and placement of that class???? 

I also have the ASNSM-Computer Science degree under my list of planned degrees with TESU. When I look at the Academic Evaluation for the ASNSM I can see Sophia's Introduction to Information Technology counts as computer science credit towards 16SH required under Section 2:ASNSM Computer Science. The class can be useful to fulfill credit in at least two specific requirement areas. 

I asked about Project Management from Sophia and TESU has already added it to my degree plan with the place holder codes *PL *PTE in the notes. TESU is marking/coding Project Management from Sophia as MAN-235.

SIDE NOTE: Sophia's Visual Communications is set to expire with ACE on the 28th of this month (02-28-2019). I am not sure if they will renew it. Just a heads up.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
(02-17-2019, 02:11 AM)AwardTour Wrote:

Sophia's Introduction to Information Technology for me came in as CIS-107. I asked TESU before I took the class if the class could be applied to Section C: Computers under Area 2: Core for the BSBA-CIS degree. I am not sure if that influenced the coding and placement of that class???? 

I also have the ASNSM-Computer Science degree under my list of planned degrees with TESU. When I look at the Academic Evaluation for the ASNSM I can Sophia's Introduction to Information Technology counts as computer science credit towards 16SH required under Section 2:ASNSM Computer Science. The class can be useful to fulfill credit in at least two specific requirement areas. 

I asked about Project Management from Sophia and TESU has already added to my degree plan with the place holder codes *PL *PTE in the notes. TESU is marking/coding Project Management from Sophia as MAN-235.

SIDE NOTE: Sophia's Visual Communications is set to expire with ACE on the 28th of this month (02-28-2019). I am not sure if they will renew it. Just a heads up.

FYI, from what I was told, Project Management (either the LL MAN-235 or UL MAN-435 version) does not fit into the BSBA CIS degree plan, other than as a free elective (or a GenEd at a stretch). I tried to pre-plan project management in my AOS (since I felt it made sense and felt like an easy UL credit) but was told that Project Management is only applicable in the BSBA GM AOS. I even provided some justification of how Project Management is a core part of CIS (and CS/IT) in the real world and asked for permission or an exception to use it, and was told that they couldn't permit it since it would fail the degree audit.

Since you're also pursuing a BSBA CIS degree I'm wondering if you got any kickback in trying to get it planned? Perhaps they revised their requirements recently or something? I tried to add Project Management to my plan around September. My degree was on the 2017-2018 catalog, so I suppose it could have been changed in the 2018-2019 or 2019A catalogs.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(02-17-2019, 02:34 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(02-17-2019, 02:11 AM)AwardTour Wrote:

I also have the ASNSM-Computer Science degree under my list of planned degrees with TESU. When I look at the Academic Evaluation for the ASNSM I can Sophia's Introduction to Information Technology counts as computer science credit towards 16SH required under Section 2:ASNSM Computer Science. The class can be useful to fulfill credit in at least two specific requirement areas. 

I asked about Project Management from Sophia and TESU has already added to my degree plan with the place holder codes *PL *PTE in the notes. TESU is marking/coding Project Management from Sophia as MAN-235.

FYI, from what I was told, Project Management (either the LL MAN-235 or UL MAN-435 version) does not fit into the BSBA CIS degree plan, other than as a free elective (or a GenEd at a stretch). I tried to pre-plan project management in my AOS (since I felt it made sense and felt like an easy UL credit) but was told that Project Management is only applicable in the BSBA GM AOS. I even provided some justification of how Project Management is a core part of CIS (and CS/IT) in the real world and asked for permission or an exception to use it, and was told that they couldn't permit it since it would fail the degree audit.

Since you're also pursuing a BSBA CIS degree I'm wondering if you got any kickback in trying to get it planned? Perhaps they revised their requirements recently or something? I tried to add Project Management to my plan around September.

I should have also said that I am using it as a Free Elective for my BSBA-CIS. I was just confirming the coding of it as MAN-235 and not the placement of it.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 228 7 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 115 59,420 Yesterday, 12:09 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  Coursera Coupon akr680 2 259 Yesterday, 10:55 AM
Last Post: akr680
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 592 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 861 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 201 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 853 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Transfer situation of Sophia Labs Kab 6 324 04-06-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Sophia Spanish Touchstone Question JohnD 2 236 04-03-2024, 11:26 PM
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 8 7,149 03-29-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl