Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BIG Sophia Course Coupon!!
(02-17-2019, 02:37 AM)AwardTour Wrote: I should have also said that I am using it as a Free Elective for my BSBA-CIS. I was just confirming the coding of it as MAN-235 and not the placement of it.

Oh, okay... that makes more sense. Smile Thanks for the clarification.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(02-17-2019, 02:38 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(02-17-2019, 02:37 AM)AwardTour Wrote: I should have also said that I am using it as a Free Elective for my BSBA-CIS. I was just confirming the coding of it as MAN-235 and not the placement of it.

No problem, can I ask you something about signatures? I apologize in advance since this is unrelated to the thread but. Does font size and color influence the character length of signatures? If I put my signature in a string and measure the length I get 438. mudball's signature is over 1000 at 1070. I am showing yours (Merlin's at 554). How am I hitting the 1000 character limit wall at around 450 characters? Is the length of the string also measured with HTML control codes and line breaks/carriage return?
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
(02-17-2019, 02:48 AM)AwardTour Wrote:
(02-17-2019, 02:38 AM)Merlin Wrote:

No problem, can I ask you something about signatures? I apologize in advance since this is unrelated to the thread but. Does font size and color influence the character length of signatures? If I put my signature in a string and measure the length I get 438. mudball's signature is over 1000 at 1070. I am showing yours (Merlin's at 554). How am I hitting the 1000 character limit wall at around 450 characters? Is the length of the string also measured with HTML control codes and line breaks/carriage return?

Yes, escape sequences and control codes do influence the count. Plus if you use color or size, those get duplicated on each line, which multiplies the number of characters used. So, the way to maximize the length is to avoid anything other than plain text.

Also, as I recall, the signature limit used to be higher, so those who set theirs long enough ago may have a signature that exceeds the current limit.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • AwardTour
Ok I'm thinking for doing this for my BSBA. Unfortunately, accounting isn't on the TESU equivalency page. Did anyone else notice that not all the sophia courses on are that page.

I was thinking of doing Marcoecon and project managment and not sure for the third one. (any suggstions?) Unless someone tells me those are bad courses on Sophia.
(02-18-2019, 02:59 PM)natshar Wrote: Ok I'm thinking for doing this for my BSBA. Unfortunately, accounting isn't on the TESU equivalency page. Did anyone else notice that not all the sophia courses on are that page.

I was thinking of doing Marcoecon and project managment and not sure for the third one. (any suggstions?) Unless someone tells me those are bad courses on Sophia.
That is a good question. I do see that Sophia's Accounting is worth 3 Credit hours with ACE. It is not listed on Sophia's TESU transfer page as you have pointed out. It might transfer as a Free Elective to TESU? The best thing to do would be to ask advising at TESU. I don't think it will be a substitute for either of the Accounting Classes that I have to take with Straighterline.

I took both Macro and Microeconomics with Sophia. Honestly, they were my least favorite of the Sophia classes because they lacked the Sophia course text that usually comes with the multiple lecturers for each class. At least one of the lecturers for each lesson offers a lecture transcript that you can use in place of the missing Sophia text. You can also make your own notes. That being said, it still beats taking a proctored final exam and you can just use the biometric keyboard verification.

Introduction to Information Technology and Visual Communications was pretty easy and painless to get through. I have not started Project Management yet.

P.S. Sophia told me in the chat window that they will renew Visual Communications with ACE. It is set to expire on the 28th. This is not a guarantee however, just a heads up.

EDIT/UPDATE: Sophia's Accounting has a similar ACE recommendation to Straighterline's Accounting I. Both are recommended by ACE to fulfill a "principles of accounting" course. I will check with TESU to see if Sophia's Accounting can fulfill the ACC-101 requirement.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
UPDATE: 

I was just told by advising at TESU that Sophia's Accounting will transfer to TESU as ACC-101. I don't know why it is not on Sophia's TESU transfer list?

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
How are Sophia courses proctored these days? Do they do this strange biometric verification which I never understood?
(02-19-2019, 09:27 AM)homeschoolmom1 Wrote: How are Sophia courses proctored these days? Do they do this strange biometric verification which I never understood?
Yes, that is how Sophia.org does it now. It sounds more complicated than it actually is. You just have to type in a line of text here and there when prompted. That is the extent of "biometric verification". 
The benefits are not having to schedule a proctor or wait around for weeks for an official grade or worry about technical issues during a final exam.

I really like Sophia's platform and their customer service has been friendly and fast for me so far. I took English Composition 1 with Sophia and I thought their American grader based in the USA was very fair in grading my essays. I had the same grader each time. It was not the nightmare I sometimes hear about with Straighterline or Study.com. 

You also get plenty of time to take each class (60 days) and are allowed 1 time extension of 30 days if needed. You don't have to worry about a mandatory monthly billing cycle. 

Those are my personal reasons for being a fan of Sophia.org.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
(02-15-2019, 10:51 PM)cookderosa Wrote: Sophia coupon code LOVELEARNING

Here's the deal: valid from 2/15 through 2/21  
Buy any 3 courses for $297 (that's $690 off)

Great to know! Thank you!

Question:

Will this any 3 courses for $297 offer be valid for an individual that has previously accepted the one time free trial offer?

Thanks
(02-19-2019, 11:56 AM)okikuma Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 10:51 PM)cookderosa Wrote: Sophia coupon code LOVELEARNING

Here's the deal: valid from 2/15 through 2/21  
Buy any 3 courses for $297 (that's $690 off)

Great to know! Thank you!

Question:

Will this any 3 courses for $297 offer be valid for an individual that has previously accepted the one time free trial offer?

Thanks
My spider sense says you are a bot or manual spammer; but I could be wrong so here goes:

It's a coupon code, it is easy to test. Select 3 classes, go to the checkout and enter the coupon code. If you do not see the discount immediately taking effect in the cart then do not complete the transaction at the checkout.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 298 8 hours ago
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 5 762 Yesterday, 03:24 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 116 60,164 Yesterday, 12:27 PM
Last Post: LaurLoey
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,250 Yesterday, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 11 300 04-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coursera Coupon akr680 2 282 04-15-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: akr680
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 635 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 895 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 212 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 875 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab