Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BIG Sophia Course Coupon!!
Sophia coupon code LOVELEARNING

Here's the deal: valid from 2/15 through 2/21
Buy any 3 courses for $297 (that's $690 off)
Thats a great deal! Sophia has great content...too bad I dont need any courses from them as there selection is so limited.

Hey Sophia if you're reading this you guys should add some more courses! Start with data structures, biology II, chemistry II, intro to programming and some more philisophy course and even a few communication courses.

You platform and content is so good plus so much time to complete it that if you offer courses no one else has you will do great!
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Wow thanks!
Oh no... I'm really tempted by this... I don't need any more credits though and I just started my Capstone. But I was thinking of taking some courses after graduation to explore more areas relating to future jobs. How long do they let you delay the start?
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
(02-16-2019, 10:23 AM)TexasTink Wrote: Oh no... I'm really tempted by this... I don't need any more credits though and I just started my Capstone. But I was thinking of taking some courses after graduation to explore more areas relating to future jobs. How long do they let you delay the start?

I think I remember hearing 3 months, but it's best to email them. It's not forever, that I know.
Nice, this is great for Sophia and for students! That's three courses for the price of one at the regular rate!
If I was starting off, I would jump on this deal in a heartbeat. There are a few classes that aren't offered anywhere else.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-16-2019, 01:15 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Nice, this is great for Sophia and for students! That's three courses for the price of one at the regular rate!
If I was starting off, I would jump on this deal in a heartbeat. There are a few classes that aren't offered anywhere else.

Do you remember off the top of your head which ones? I’m just starting out and loved Sophia’s free courses, but of course don’t want to duplicate ones that I could do on OD or Modernstates.
(02-16-2019, 12:18 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 10:23 AM)TexasTink Wrote: Oh no... I'm really tempted by this... I don't need any more credits though and I just started my Capstone.  But I was thinking of taking some courses after graduation to explore more areas relating to future jobs.  How long do they let you delay the start?

I think I remember hearing 3 months, but it's best to email them.  It's not forever, that I know.

That's what I was thinking too, but I emailed them to make sure.
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
(02-16-2019, 01:23 PM)bethanyneedsajob Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 01:15 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Nice, this is great for Sophia and for students! That's three courses for the price of one at the regular rate!

Do you remember off the top of your head which ones? I’m just starting out and loved Sophia’s free courses, but of course don’t want to duplicate ones that I could do on OD or Modernstates.

Just eyeballing the course lists, here are some that aren't available through OD/CLEP (besides the free ones):

Intro to Business
Project Management
Conflict Resolution*
Public Speaking
Visual Communications*
Ancient Greek Philosophers*
Approaches to Studying Religions*
Art History I
Intro to Ethics
Intro to Information Technology*
Intro to Statistics

I've added an asterisk to the courses where I don't see a course with the same equivalency on Study.com.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
bethanyneedsajob Wrote:
bjcheung77 Wrote:Nice, this is great for Sophia and for students! That's three courses for the price of one at the regular rate!

There are a few and they're all worth 3 credits at TESU for example.
Conflict Resolution - COM 299
Visual Communications - COM 231
Ancient Greek Philosophers - PHI 226
Introduction to Information Technology - comes in as COS 110
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,343 Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 380 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,324 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,797 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,866 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,397 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 604 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 3,960 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 9 563 02-17-2024, 01:56 AM
Last Post: LevelUP