Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIO-208 TECEP exam
After looking through the previous threads about this exam, I wanted to make an updated one. The contents of the exam listed by user cookderosa in the archived posts are incorrect. I studied what she recommended and ended up studying all of the wrong things. Vitamins are barely on the test. I had one question about vitamins and that was it! The vitamin contents, toxicities and deficiencies were a big chunk of what I spent my time studying and none of it was on there. I also studied many diseases that study.com mentions and the only ones that were on the test were about diabetes and heart disease. There is also nothing about breastfeeding and natal nutrition. You don't need to know what the 20 amino acids are. There were a couple questions about the digestive process but most of the exam was glucose and enzyme related. Study.com didn't do much to help me prep for the exam either...passing grade is a 65%. I got a 59%. If I took it again I might pass but I think I will switch to a different topic. Too many questions were too far into the weeds of metabolic processes and weirdly specific. Also, several questions came completely out of left field. I don't recommend taking this exam unless you know a LOT about nutrition.
(04-25-2021, 06:46 PM)yellowshehulk Wrote: After looking through the previous threads about this exam, I wanted to make an updated one. The contents of the exam listed by user cookderosa in the archived posts are incorrect. I studied what she recommended and ended up studying all of the wrong things. Vitamins are barely on the test. I had one question about vitamins and that was it! The vitamin contents, toxicities and deficiencies were a big chunk of what I spent my time studying and none of it was on there. I also studied many diseases that study.com mentions and the only ones that were on the test were about diabetes and heart disease. There is also nothing about breastfeeding and natal nutrition. You don't need to know what the 20 amino acids are. There were a couple questions about the digestive process but most of the exam was glucose and enzyme related. Study.com didn't do much to help me prep for the exam either...passing grade is a 65%. I got a 59%. If I took it again I might pass but I think I will switch to a different topic. Too many questions were too far into the weeds of metabolic processes and weirdly specific. Also, several questions came completely out of left field. I don't recommend taking this exam unless you know a LOT about nutrition.

What was the date of her post?  That probably makes a difference.  Tests tend to change over time.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
BLUF: I just took the TECEP BIO-208 (April 2023) and scored a 66%, which is a passing grade.

Man, there was a LOT on this test! I did not prep as much for this as I should have, because I was bored by the study material and blew it off, full disclosure. It is multiple choice, but this is a really wide-ranging topic, so I would not recommend doing what I did!
Sooo many questions about enzymes, how the body metabolizes glucose, pregnancy and diabetes questions, which body systems do what specific functions in regards to digestion, how amino acids work, ATP & ADP, the "Apgar Score" and birth weights relation to a child's general health, and more questions about cholesterol, glucose, glycogen than I was prepared for. It's not top-of-the-brain material, and as the prior response noted a lot of it was weirdly specific!
What I did review was some minor flashcard practice on Quizlet. It was only so helpful. I would recommend going more indepth reading up on nutrition stuff, specifically the less common terms related to metabolism and how the body utilizes vitamins and minerals. Be sure to use the resources in the most current TECEP study info on the actual TESU website, because it provides three primary resources to use to prepare for the exam.
It was tough, but...I did just well enough to get the CR grade. Phew! Don't slack that I did though, that was stressful!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,253 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  TECEP Environmental Ethics dbwdb 1 643 11-01-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: SpeedDemon
  TECEP limits? oldguy4associate 4 484 10-24-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TECEP Advertising updates or recent feedback? seanmathews 5 739 10-09-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 586 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,108 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  TECEP midnite123 7 751 08-08-2023, 06:58 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Need Statsitics, but hate all the Math? The Statisistics TECEP may be your answer. Prloko 9 4,222 05-23-2023, 02:39 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 671 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  Intel’s 12th Gen CPU can’t handle the Bar exam bluebooger 3 912 07-16-2022, 12:19 AM
Last Post: LevelUP