Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLS ans ALS at the same time
I just emailed Jessica and asked her the following:
"I was told that it is possible to do an ALS and a BLS at the same time. Is that correct? And if so, how does that work?"

She responded : "The Associates in Liberal Studies has different requirements then the BLS but if you met all of the requirements of the ALS first we could award you that degree while you continue to work towards your BLS.

I asked her for the requierements and I am waiting for a response. I will keep you posted .
UMPI, Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Managment Minor, 2021
Magna Cum Laude (3.8 GPA)
[-] The following 2 users Like Federicojavier's post:
  • carebear_007, Kab
(09-29-2021, 01:14 PM)Federicojavier Wrote: I just emailed Jessica and asked her the following:
"I was told that it is possible to do an ALS and a BLS at the same time. Is that correct? And if so, how does that work?"

She responded : "The Associates in Liberal Studies has different requirements then the BLS but if you met all of the requirements of the ALS first we could award you that degree while you continue to work towards your BLS.

I asked her for the requierements and I am waiting for a response. I will keep you posted .

I wonder if you'd have to do another 30 credits...

By the time I found out about Pierpoint, I was already enrolled at UMPI and it was too late for me to get the AAS. Wonder if I could get a Liberal Studies AA
(09-29-2021, 03:41 PM)carebear_007 Wrote:
(09-29-2021, 01:14 PM)Federicojavier Wrote: I just emailed Jessica and asked her the following:

By the time I found out about Pierpoint, I was already enrolled at UMPI and it was too late for me to get the AAS. Wonder if I could get a Liberal Studies AA
As soon as I hear back from her, I will let you know.
UMPI, Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Managment Minor, 2021
Magna Cum Laude (3.8 GPA)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Federicojavier's post:
  • carebear_007
carebear_007 Wrote:I wonder if you'd have to do another 30 credits...

No, you don't need to take 30 more credits if you are getting BLS and AALS at the same time. If you want to get it after graduation, you must take 15 more credits.
I have already talked to the registrar and to Jessica about.

And here are the requirements: https://www.umpi.edu/files/academics/pro...ies_AA.pdf
If you are going for AALS in general concentration, your BLS already covered all the requirements. If you want to do any other concentrations, more planning is required.
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoStudentNoCry's post:
  • carebear_007

It's not too late. You can still get an AAS from Pierpont.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ReyMysterioso's post:
  • carebear_007
(09-29-2021, 04:10 PM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote:
carebear_007 Wrote:I wonder if you'd have to do another 30 credits...

No, you don't need to take 30 more credits if you are getting BLS and AALS at the same time. If you want to get it after graduation, you must take 15 more credits.
I have already talked to the registrar and to Jessica about.

And here are the requirements: https://www.umpi.edu/files/academics/pro...ies_AA.pdf
If you are going for AALS in general concentration, your BLS already covered all the requirements. If you want to do any other concentrations, more planning is required.

Thanks for the info. I plan on finishing my BABA by December but we won't get our actual degrees until next year. It would be awesome to have any degree by Christmas.

(09-29-2021, 04:48 PM)raycathode Wrote:

It's not too late. You can still get an AAS from Pierpont.

I contacted them and they told me that I can't be enrolled at both because my final transcript from UMPI would be needed and that it might raise some questions with my financial aid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  part time course Peraings41 6 377 02-29-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: allvia
  How many courses for part time? hope22 4 464 07-31-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  What's the average time it takes for you to complete a class? Dlynn1219 6 971 07-21-2023, 03:03 PM
Last Post: PineapplePen
  average amount of time to complete each UMPI class? EducationSeeker 10 2,717 01-29-2023, 04:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  When pressed for time, BUS 330 or BUS 440? dsec2013 16 2,187 11-23-2022, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Mr T
  Degree Plan and Killing Time mikehart82 20 2,113 10-27-2022, 06:18 PM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  Consideration - Length of time UMPI Professors take to grade papers and projects CCCC 10 1,695 04-13-2022, 09:30 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Average Time for course completion jb0433 15 2,018 03-01-2022, 11:37 AM
  What if I run out of time? Federicojavier 5 906 09-23-2021, 11:53 PM
  When is a good time to register? carebear_007 28 3,028 06-30-2021, 10:28 AM