Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOG Associates from Pierpont (As of now 2019)
So I figured I might as well get the BOG associates from Pierpont to get the small satisfaction of meeting a goal and to have something to show in the meanwhile while I seek higher end degrees. In that document there's something about a $300 fee now. I emailed Nancy about it and she mentioned that this is something they are rolling out with moving forward. Thankfully she mentioned that she will make a one time exemption for me. But the communication is less than desirable beyond that, and my transcripts are still not showing up in their portal and it's been multiple months since I started the process. I'm now just hoping that one day I look in my mailbox and see a degree in there.
Not to mention, unless they've changed their procedures, you can't get a transcript from them even after you've completed the degree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-24-2019, 10:06 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Not to mention, unless they've changed their procedures, you can't get a transcript from them even after you've completed the degree.

Yes, that's a huge negative. But it's just something to 'show' for the meanwhile.  Undecided
(06-24-2019, 10:12 PM)Stoic Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 10:06 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Not to mention, unless they've changed their procedures, you can't get a transcript from them even after you've completed the degree.

Yes, that's a huge negative. But it's just something to 'show' for the meanwhile.  Undecided

I don't know - I have one son that has this degree and I made him remove it from his resume. Heaven forbid a prospective employer asks for proof that he earned the degree. Looks suspect if you can't produce a transcript.
It's hanging in my hallway with the other degree bling, but that's where it stays.
(06-25-2019, 08:18 AM)cookderosa Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 10:12 PM)Stoic Wrote:

I don't know - I have one son that has this degree and I made him remove it from his resume.  Heaven forbid a prospective employer asks for proof that he earned the degree.  Looks suspect if you can't produce a transcript.  
It's hanging in my hallway with the other degree bling, but that's where it stays.
Yes. I think it's not meant to be for a broad market. Their focus might be their immediate community and not us adult learners from around the country. Within their community a person could get away with just name dropping the degree. Plus to be honest the communication is less than desirable. In contrast my experience with asking questions about the RBA degree at Marshall has been great. The person in charge of the RBA degree responds to me even at 5AM in the morning with clear responses.
[-] The following 2 users Like Stoic's post:
  • Life Long Learning, Life_One
(06-24-2019, 10:05 PM)Stoic Wrote: ... In that document there's something about a $300 fee now. ...

The fee would be well worth it if it meant they could fix some of the problems.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 2 users Like davewill's post:
  • badooble, Life_One
My son applied to Pierpont in July, thinking that he would perhaps take a class there this semester to alleviate the problem with no transcript for those who do not take classes.  Well, our local CC accepts applications up to the start date of classes and processes them in days, but he got a letter of acceptance from Pierpont last week and they have still not evaluated his transcripts.  Perhaps he will be able to take a 1/2 semester class.  Or next semester.  I guess it doesn't matter because the deadline to submit your graduation application is passed and we don't even know how his evaluations panned out yet.

I knew this would be frustrating going into this, but this is just painful.
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
(09-04-2019, 06:44 AM)hsfamfun Wrote: My son applied to Pierpont in July, thinking that he would perhaps take a class there this semester to alleviate the problem with no transcript for those who do not take classes.  Well, our local CC accepts applications up to the start date of classes and processes them in days, but he got a letter of acceptance from Pierpont last week and they have still not evaluated his transcripts.  Perhaps he will be able to take a 1/2 semester class.  Or next semester.  I guess it doesn't matter because the deadline to submit your graduation application is passed and we don't even know how his evaluations panned out yet.

I knew this would be frustrating going into this, but this is just painful.
I stopped caring with that one....

It's been 7 months and nothing.  Hopefully one day that diploma shows up in the mail. But I'm good either way.

I don't like the fact I paid to have the DSST's, CLEP's, and other sources of credits from different places transferred and nothing came out of it though.
Have you contacted Nancy Parks?  She has been helpful or we would not have known anything except that he was accepted, because he got a letter telling us that.
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
I hate to add fuel, but that was my son's case too. It took much longer than we planned and it pushed his graduation date back a big. Oh well - big picture it doesn't really matter, but it is frustrating to try and dot all your i's and cross all your t's only to have to wait for so long.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 10 393 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 2 163 04-19-2024, 06:06 PM
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 548 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 947 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 747 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 804 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 819 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 699 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,119 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,781 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares