Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOG Associates from Pierpont (As of now 2019)
(09-04-2019, 01:21 PM)hsfamfun Wrote: Have you contacted Nancy Parks?  She has been helpful or we would not have known anything except that he was accepted, because he got a letter telling us that.

She's no longer in charge of the program. They have a new person in charge now.

Also, there's a $300.00 fee in the process.

I'm still hopeful that I get that degree in the mail though. I got in right before they started including that fee to graduate.

Crossing my fingers! Come in the mail... Angel
Yes, David Beighley is now in charge of the program, but Josh has heard nothing from him, but Ms. Parks has answered his questions and started a 3 way conversation about his transcripts that revealed a glitch in receiving some of them. So far he hasn't had any correspondence with Mr. Beighley, but we noticed that there is now a BOG section on the class schedule with classes taught by Mr. Beighley, and there are quite a few 8 week classes, so Josh may end up taking one of those. The subjects are varied and that looks like a very good change being made. I do wish that they could open the communication a bit and streamline the admissions process.
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
I am sure that this response will not really help anyone, but I must say that my dealings with Pierpont were spot-on.  Corresponding with Nancy Parks was very pleasant and always resulted in immediate replies.

I completed the BOG program back in 2017.  I totally stumbled upon a reference about the program on this forum, and decided to pursue it.

I was one of the fortunate ones that already had everything completed at other institutions, and simply transferred everything over to Pierpont, and applied for graduation.  Diploma arrived in weeks.   Total cost was the cost of two transcript transfers.  Applied for the school in April, 2017 and graduated in June of 2017.  

My point in saying all of this is that I was HIGHLY suspect that the program might be forced to change, and NOT for the better.  I simply could not understand how they could award a degree without charging me a penny.  There had to be time and effort involved by their transcript evaluators, Ms. Parks, and others.  They had to pay for the diploma, packaging and mailing, etc.  At the time (2017), I remember a huge influx of people on this forum discovering the BOG program.  Pierpont was the most popular because of their academic residency requirements.  I remember telling my wife that I could not imagine that Pierpont could keep it up much longer without either adding a residency requirement or at least charging a fee.  I am wondering if we are not starting to see the end result of that.

I remember having a conversation with Ms. Parks about West Virginia and the area surrounding the school.  I believe that one of the other posters here hit the nail on the head.  This program was probably designed for West Virginia students of low resource and opportunity, and they weren't expecting an out-of-state influx to the program.

I am truly grateful for the opportunity that I had to earn that degree, but after moving on and completing other programs, and given the lack of transcripts from Pierpont, I have never really advertised that I have the degree.  Much like Cookderosa said, it hangs on the wall in my office with the other stuff.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

[-] The following 2 users Like ChilliDawg's post:
  • hsfamfun, Life Long Learning
(09-24-2019, 01:00 PM)ChilliDawg Wrote: I am sure that this response will not really help anyone, but I must say that my dealings with Pierpont were spot-on.  Corresponding with Nancy Parks was very pleasant and always resulted in immediate replies.

I completed the BOG program back in 2017.  I totally stumbled upon a reference about the program on this forum, and decided to pursue it.

I was one of the fortunate ones that already had everything completed at other institutions, and simply transferred everything over to Pierpont, and applied for graduation.  Diploma arrived in weeks.   Total cost was the cost of two transcript transfers.  Applied for the school in April, 2017 and graduated in June of 2017.  

My point in saying all of this is that I was HIGHLY suspect that the program might be forced to change, and NOT for the better.  I simply could not understand how they could award a degree without charging me a penny.  There had to be time and effort involved by their transcript evaluators, Ms. Parks, and others.  They had to pay for the diploma, packaging and mailing, etc.  At the time (2017), I remember a huge influx of people on this forum discovering the BOG program.  Pierpont was the most popular because of their academic residency requirements.  I remember telling my wife that I could not imagine that Pierpont could keep it up much longer without either adding a residency requirement or at least charging a fee.  I am wondering if we are not starting to see the end result of that.

I remember having a conversation with Ms. Parks about West Virginia and the area surrounding the school.  I believe that one of the other posters here hit the nail on the head.  This program was probably designed for West Virginia students of low resource and opportunity, and they weren't expecting an out-of-state influx to the program.

I am truly grateful for the opportunity that I had to earn that degree, but after moving on and completing other programs, and given the lack of transcripts from Pierpont, I have never really advertised that I have the degree.  Much like Cookderosa said, it hangs on the wall in my office with the other stuff.

;( Yeah. I remember getting an email from Nancy saying something to the effect that she'd be willing to write a letter if needed in the future, and I remember asking if she planned to hold her position forever lol.
(09-26-2019, 08:27 AM)cookderosa Wrote: ;( Yeah. I remember getting an email from Nancy saying something to the effect that she'd be willing to write a letter if needed in the future, and I remember asking if she planned to hold her position forever lol.

For that matter, the letter doesn't make up for a transcript anyway. WGU was like "WTF is this?!" when I sent the letter to them.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 2 users Like quigongene's post:
  • cookderosa, Life_One
(09-26-2019, 11:32 AM)quigongene Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 08:27 AM)cookderosa Wrote: ;( Yeah. I remember getting an email from Nancy saying something to the effect that she'd be willing to write a letter if needed in the future, and I remember asking if she planned to hold her position forever lol.

For that matter, the letter doesn't make up for a transcript anyway. WGU was like "WTF is this?!" when I sent the letter to them.

Wow, ok. So you may have already said, but did you end up getting your BOG transcript accepted at WGU? Dont' they do a block credit transfer? (sorry, it's late and I'm way overtired, you probably already said lol)
(10-17-2019, 07:02 PM)cookderosa Wrote: Wow, ok. So you may have already said, but did you end up getting your BOG transcript accepted at WGU? Dont' they do a block credit transfer? (sorry, it's late and I'm way overtired, you probably already said lol)

Nope. I ended up having to take Critical Thinking and one other class b/c the BOG DIDN'T transfer. Fortunately the classes I ended up having to take took like 3 days, so no biggie :-)
It would have transferred if I had taken a class w/Pierpont, but at that point I was just over it. I think Life_One was able to get a block xfer (they took the 1 credit class).
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 2 users Like quigongene's post:
  • cookderosa, Life_One
(10-17-2019, 10:18 PM)quigongene Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 07:02 PM)cookderosa Wrote: Wow, ok. So you may have already said, but did you end up getting your BOG transcript accepted at WGU? Dont' they do a block credit transfer? (sorry, it's late and I'm way overtired, you probably already said lol)

Nope. I ended up having to take Critical Thinking and one other class b/c the BOG DIDN'T transfer. Fortunately the classes I ended up having to take took like 3 days, so no biggie :-)
It would have transferred if I had taken a class w/Pierpont, but at that point I was just over it. I think Life_One was able to get a block xfer (they took the 1 credit class).

yes, I think you're right. I know that the 1 class rule would work, but like you, meh.
(09-24-2019, 01:00 PM)ChilliDawg Wrote: I completed the BOG program back in 2017.  I totally stumbled upon a reference about the program on this forum, and decided to pursue it.

I was one of the ones that opted for the WVNCC BOG AAS, and I will say, it was a pain to have to babysit the process, but there wasn't much to it on their end.  I sent my transcripts, the girl that I talked to wrote everything up on a sheet showing how everything came in, probably took her 20 minutes to do, I waited and waited and waited...but finally received my diploma AND transcript in the mail, maybe in August of 2017, with a graduation date of May.  It was strange, but I took it.  I'll be it didn't take them more than $20 worth of work to do everything for mine, that's just a guess, but I do transcript evals all the time, so I have a good idea of it.

Soon thereafter, they added a residency requirement, and that was the end of that.

I'm glad I went with WVNCC instead of Pierpont for sure.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa, Life_One
My son applied to Pierpont in July and still has not gotten an official transcript eval, but Nancy looked at it and said he will either need 1 or 4 Free Elective credits, so he is taking the 1 hr Career Exploration class, which started last week.  He was planning on taking a class there anyway to make getting transcripts possible. We are hoping to get the eval soon, but just in case, he is working on more of the TEEX classes.  He already took the TEEX Cyber 101. He is working 2 jobs right now, because he is changing jobs and just put in his 2 weeks notice, but the work in the class is not overwhelming and the teacher is AWESOME!
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hsfamfun's post:
  • shadowgem

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 10 391 4 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Pierpont BOG AAS - AoE Graphics Technology Aikuroa 2 163 04-19-2024, 06:06 PM
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 548 04-17-2024, 12:49 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 947 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 747 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 804 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 819 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 699 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,118 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,781 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares