Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOG Associates from Pierpont (As of now 2019)
Well, my 20 year old son who applied for the BOG AAS in July and never got an official transcript evaluation got an email last night telling him that he needs to submit a graduation application for December graduation.  I am guessing that is a good thing, but since the whole process has been wrought with non communication, I am not sure.  I think it is!  He is absolutely loving the HUSV 1101 Career Exploration class with Fonda Hawley.  She is an excellent teacher and has encouraged him a lot.  The class has been a huge blessing for him.  He really needed to take some time and explore different careers.
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
[-] The following 8 users Like hsfamfun's post:
  • allvia, cookderosa, davewill, dfrecore, jsd, Life Long Learning, shadowgem, TwinMom
(11-01-2019, 07:39 AM)hsfamfun Wrote: Well, my 20 year old son who applied for the BOG AAS in July and never got an official transcript evaluation got an email last night telling him that he needs to submit a graduation application for December graduation.  I am guessing that is a good thing, but since the whole process has been wrought with non communication, I am not sure.  I think it is!  He is absolutely loving the HUSV 1101 Career Exploration class with Fonda Hawley.  She is an excellent teacher and has encouraged him a lot.  The class has been a huge blessing for him.  He really needed to take some time and explore different careers.

Hey that's great!! So.... that sounds like he is ready to graduate!
Despite terrible communication on the part of the school, my son is a graduate of Pierpont CTC, as of last Friday.  The class that he took, HUSV 1101 was a great class with a very good teacher.  However, each step from the application on seemed overly complicated and extremely SLOW.  I asked him if it was worth it and he replied "Absolutely."  I would be glad to answer any questions about this degree that I can and the main advice that I would have to anyone pursuing it is to keep asking questions until someone is able to give you an answer.  Josh had an email thread with 3 people, his advisor, someone from the registrar, and someone else that had 63 messages total, because he asked questions until he was given the answer or was referred to someone who could answer.  I would not advise patiently waiting for an answer from them, because you may not get an answer at all.
23 year old son: BOG AAS from Pierpont CTC Dec 2019
Myself: BS Business/French-1991, Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling-1995, Completed the Poetry in America Series from HES for 20 credits in English in May 2019.
[-] The following 4 users Like hsfamfun's post:
  • allvia, eriehiker, Life Long Learning, Notgodot
(12-16-2019, 10:28 PM)hsfamfun Wrote: Despite terrible communication on the part of the school, my son is a graduate of Pierpont CTC, as of last Friday.  The class that he took, HUSV 1101 was a great class with a very good teacher.  However, each step from the application on seemed overly complicated and extremely SLOW.  I asked him if it was worth it and he replied "Absolutely."  I would be glad to answer any questions about this degree that I can and the main advice that I would have to anyone pursuing it is to keep asking questions until someone is able to give you an answer.  Josh had an email thread with 3 people, his advisor, someone from the registrar, and someone else that had 63 messages total, because he asked questions until he was given the answer or was referred to someone who could answer.  I would not advise patiently waiting for an answer from them, because you may not get an answer at all.

Congratulations to him!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

[-] The following 1 user Likes TwinMom's post:
  • hsfamfun
(12-16-2019, 10:28 PM)hsfamfun Wrote: Despite terrible communication on the part of the school, my son is a graduate of Pierpont CTC, as of last Friday.  The class that he took, HUSV 1101 was a great class with a very good teacher.  However, each step from the application on seemed overly complicated and extremely SLOW.  I asked him if it was worth it and he replied "Absolutely."  I would be glad to answer any questions about this degree that I can and the main advice that I would have to anyone pursuing it is to keep asking questions until someone is able to give you an answer.  Josh had an email thread with 3 people, his advisor, someone from the registrar, and someone else that had 63 messages total, because he asked questions until he was given the answer or was referred to someone who could answer.  I would not advise patiently waiting for an answer from them, because you may not get an answer at all.

Congratulations! Sounds like that class was a good thing too!
[-] The following 1 user Likes magflo's post:
  • hsfamfun

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 8 470 Yesterday, 12:49 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pierpont associates Query Jbloggs 3 142 04-15-2024, 04:02 PM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 18 891 04-13-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: stevenphm
  Eligibility and Transfer Credits for Pierpont’s AAS Program akr680 19 679 04-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 4 780 04-03-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: mr_peanutbutter
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 756 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 672 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 1,041 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,733 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,374 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP