Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BS in Psychology - Cheap and Fast (and dirty)
Mysonx3 yea I think I am going to have to.... The only way I will be able to pay for this though is a work insensitive program for farthing my education to be able to get off social security disability later. (PASS) I have a feeling my PASS coordinator isn’t going to like non transitional way of schooling. But if I want to go at my own pace and learn when I am well enough to, then Thomas Edison University, Charter Oak State College, or Excelsior College is what I’ll have to do. Sad
I have no experience with PASS, but if you're thinking they won't like non-traditional schooling via one of the big 3, I'm guessing they probably weren't going to like doing the same thing at Wichita State, even if that were allowed. Hope you're able to get it all figured out!
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Unless LadySearchDog is getting financial support from someone, then being able to pay for the Big 3 and alternative sources of credit out of pocket is going to be difficult. 

When you qualify for so many assistance programs, it's cheaper to take in-state, college courses. There's the Pell Grant, but there are also programs for people on disability to help close funding gaps.

These are the cheapest 4-year schools in Kansas.

http://www.collegecalc.org/lists/kansas/...e-tuition/

You might also want to look at community colleges in Kansas that have online programs. You can transfer to a 4-year school later.

https://collegestats.org/colleges/kansas...te-tuition

Talk to your PASS coordinator about whether online schooling will even be appropriate for you. There is less support in online classes, so people typically have more difficulties. You'll receive more accommodations sitting in class.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Sanantone- In an estimate, how much are we talking about for getting a ba in psychology at one of the big 3. I have most of my gen Ed’s done and a few psychology classes. I have 120 credit hours.Thanks!
(11-23-2018, 01:08 PM)LadySearchDog Wrote: Sanantone- In an estimate, how much are we talking about for getting a ba in psychology at one of the big 3. I have most of my gen Ed’s done and a few psychology classes. I have 120 credit hours.Thanks!

Can you list the names of the courses and where you completed them? The cost of the degree will be dependent upon how many credits will transfer.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • jsd
If I had a calculator for the big 3, I could do the math.but most of what I'll do Is alternative credit and testout if I go to them.
Can you list the names of the courses and where you completed them? The cost of the degree will be dependent upon how many credits will transfer.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(11-23-2018, 01:33 PM)LadySearchDog Wrote: If I had a calculator for the big 3, I could do the math.but most of what I'll do Is alternative  credit and testout if I go to them.

We always ask people to list the credits they already have so we can give them an idea of how many credits they still need. If you don't want to do that, then that is fine. You can pay an application fee and have TESU, COSC, and Excelsior evaluate your transcripts. Until that is done, no one can tell you how much a BA in psychology will cost.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
This is the minimum that a TESU bachelor's would cost now(pulled from another thread):

$75 Application fee
$300 Cornerstone course (1 credit)
$1,098 Capstone course (3 credits)
$2,200 Residency Waiver fee
$332 Graduation fee
-----------------
$4,005 total

Then you have to factor in the other 116 credits(which is why sanantone and jsd asked you to list them).
They are offering to help you calculate the total cost, factoring in credits that you already have and using cheap test out methods and alternative credit sources for the rest.

A rough average is that most 3 credit courses can be done for ~$100 each(or $33/credit). There are plenty of significantly cheaper options(that I already listed earlier)that can get you most of the way there. Starting from scratch, and applying the $33/credit estimated cost, the degree should be less than $10k
$4005 + $3828($33/credit *116 credits) =$7833

Obviously that cost goes down if you already have a lot of credits and use cheaper options for some of your remaining credits.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • LadySearchDog, Muldoon
LOL - Somewhere along the lines, this thread got highjacked. Anyways, if you're looking at cost. TESU won't be the "cheapest", but I still would recommend them to you. You may also look into COSC as their program would be cheaper in comparison, however; the UL requirements differ slightly. COSC requires only 2 courses from them, the Corner & Cap stones and there is no residency waiver fee.

Another program you may want to investigate is from Excelsior, they offer a Bachelor's in Psychology degree as well.
COSC Program Link: https://www.charteroak.edu/psychology/
Excelsior Link: https://www.excelsior.edu/programs/liber...centration
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • MNomadic

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 2,583 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,540 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Cheap Self-Paced Language Courses or courses IN said languages? nykorn 4 461 12-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 538 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,773 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Fast, Self Paced, preferrably cheap RA credits elcastor21 6 927 09-12-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Cheap-ish (Biblical) Hebrew and Greek credit rachel83az 7 644 08-22-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Library2HospitalChaplain
  Where can I find a cheap college-level writing/composition course ftlclam 4 809 02-27-2023, 11:28 PM
Last Post: ftlclam
  Cheap/quick/fun certs? Insert Name 10 1,339 01-11-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Conions
  Cheap general science courses? Preferably online. Drakemoore 8 1,375 12-27-2022, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee