Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA Assistance
Good morning,

I am in the process of taking as many CLEP/DSST's as I can to get a BSBA through TESU or Excelsior. I am in the Military and get them all paid for which is why I've decided to go this route. I have currently taken 17 tests and am now having issues trying to figure out which particular courses fall under the General Electives section of Excelsior and TESU. I will attach the plan I am using right now to show which courses I've taken so far. This forum is filled with such great information. Thank you all for the help!

Respectfully,
Frogsear

(11-11-2018, 12:49 PM)Frogsear Wrote: Good morning,

I am in the process of taking as many CLEP/DSST's as I can to get a BSBA through TESU or Excelsior. I am in the Military and get them all paid for which is why I've decided to go this route. I have currently taken 17 tests and am now having issues trying to figure out which particular courses fall under the General Electives section of Excelsior and TESU. I will attach the plan I am using right now to show which courses I've taken so far. This forum is filled with such great information. Thank you all for the help!

Respectfully,
Frogsear

First question...Will Criminal Justice, Introduction to Law Enforcement, and College Mathematics count for General Electives? Also does anyone know if Intro to Business and Principles of Supervision can be used for GE? I have taken both of them but I don't think they will fit into my plan with TESU.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BSBA.xlsx (Size: 8.53 KB / Downloads: 9)
.xlsx   Excelsior BSBA.xlsx (Size: 8.5 KB / Downloads: 6)
First, I am only familiar with TESU, so everything I say only pertains to that, and not to EC.

A few things:
1) EC won't take the DSST for English Comp II, you have to take an actual course through Study.com or SL, or a UExcel exam for credit (the only thing I have here about EC)
2) CJ, LE, & CM will all count at GE Electives.  Intro to Business will be a Free Elective.  PS is MAN course, but I think you already have too many LL AOS courses, so it would go into Free Electives.
3) Most importantly - you will want to plan in 7 LL TECEP exams.  These will cost you $75 each, but they will negate you having to pay the Residency Waiver (note: this is only an option for active-duty military).
4) If you end up taking a gazillion free CLEP/DSST exams, and you fill up your degree plan, you can still take your TECEP's for things you've already taken, and they will replace the CLEP/DSST exams with TECEP's.  So don't worry about taking too many CLEP/DSST's - it's not the end of the world.
6) Make sure you take LL TECEP's, as they are $25/cr ($75 each).  UL TECEP's are $225 each, and a waste of your time/money.  You're better off taking Study.com courses, where you can do 2 for $200 in a month, then the $225/1 TECEP.

Here is a spreadsheet to help you.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Frogsear TESU BSBA1 GenMan.xlsx (Size: 39.56 KB / Downloads: 13)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(11-11-2018, 08:35 PM)dfrecore Wrote: First, I am only familiar with TESU, so everything I say only pertains to that, and not to EC.

A few things:
1) EC won't take the DSST for English Comp II, you have to take an actual course through Study.com or SL, or a UExcel exam for credit (the only thing I have here about EC)
2) CJ, LE, & CM will all count at GE Electives.  Intro to Business will be a Free Elective.  PS is MAN course, but I think you already have too many LL AOS courses, so it would go into Free Electives.
3) Most importantly - you will want to plan in 7 LL TECEP exams.  These will cost you $75 each, but they will negate you having to pay the Residency Waiver (note: this is only an option for active-duty military).
4) If you end up taking a gazillion free CLEP/DSST exams, and you fill up your degree plan, you can still take your TECEP's for things you've already taken, and they will replace the CLEP/DSST exams with TECEP's.  So don't worry about taking too many CLEP/DSST's - it's not the end of the world.
6) Make sure you take LL TECEP's, as they are $25/cr ($75 each).  UL TECEP's are $225 each, and a waste of your time/money.  You're better off taking Study.com courses, where you can do 2 for $200 in a month, then the $225/1 TECEP.

Here is a spreadsheet to help you.

Thank you so much for the reply...its exactly the information I needed to see. I only got 10 credits from my Community College of the Air Force degree from TESU. I'm still waiting to hear back from Excelsior on how many they will give me. Once I have that information I will be deciding on which College to attend. I think I may also send a transcript to WGU. Does anyone know if WGU gives free credit evals?
(11-12-2018, 10:48 AM)Frogsear Wrote: Does anyone know if WGU gives free credit evals?

They do.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 8 2,239 01-29-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Employer Top Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement Programs bjcheung77 9 1,208 06-12-2022, 06:49 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Vermont Student Assistance Corp: Free Course! bjcheung77 0 577 07-27-2021, 09:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Difference between BSBA from TESU vs BABA from UMPI harrit 12 2,411 07-27-2021, 08:57 AM
  Advice for 16 year old American-BSBA Online from Southeast Asia schlocker 6 2,045 12-23-2020, 02:11 AM
Last Post: schlocker
  UW - First Competency-Based BSBA at AACSB School sanantone 0 1,124 09-08-2019, 08:23 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Needing BSBA plan online proctored exams only Sweetswinks 18 3,534 08-06-2019, 04:18 PM
Question Other BSBA Programs allow max alternative credit? SCYankee 13 3,179 06-29-2019, 08:22 AM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Looking for BSBA in General Management. Need a plan. David.Hamad 3 1,449 05-06-2019, 04:48 PM
  Cheapest current BSBA from scratch? HAVEaSigAR 5 1,588 02-22-2019, 06:16 PM
Last Post: HAVEaSigAR