Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA CIS DUAL DEGREE
Sooo I didn’t discover the possibility of getting a dual degree until after I had taken a bunch of classes. Is it too late for me (or worth it at this point?) to try and complete the requirements for BSBA CIS?

Here is my evaluation. All courses are either already transferred, waiting to transfer, waiting for final exam or already in the process of being taken. Also, keep in mind that I would absolutely take all sophia classes I could first, study.com courses second and whatever else from wherever else last. 

What should my next move be? 

TESU’S BA Comp Sci Degree

I. General Education Requirements

A. Intellectual and Practical Skills

Written Communication
  ENC-101: English Composition I
  ENC-102: English Composition II
Oral Communication
  COM-209: Public Speaking
Quantitative Literacy
  MA101: College Math I
Information Literacy
  SOS-110: Critical Information Literacy - TESU

B. Civic and Global Leadership

Diversity
  POS-232 (Intro Int Relations)
Ethics
  PHI-180 Intro to Ethics
Civic Engagement
  POS-110: American Government 
C. Knowledge of Human Cultures
  PSY-101 General Psychology
  HIS-113: American History I 
  MUS-100 Introduction to Music
  HUM-199 Troy and the Trojan War
  ARA-101 Arabic I
D.  Scientific Knowledge
EAS-101 Earth & the Environment
HUMBIO1001: Human Biology

II. Area of Study: Computer Science

A. Required Courses
  CS1100 Intro to Python
  COS-201: Data Structures
  MAT-231: Calculus I 
  MAT-270: Discrete Math 
  COS-240: Operating Systems 
  COS-330: Computer Architecture (UL) 

B. Computer Science Electives (12 UL)
  CIS-301: Management Information Systems (UL)
  CIS-351: Software Engineering - TESU (UL
  CIS-320: Systems Analysis & Design I (UL) 
  CIS-311: Database Management (UL) 
  CIS-1101 Intro to Java
B109 Intro to Computing 

C. Natural Sciences, Math and Comp Sci Electives
  MAT-105 The Development of Math
  ENS-200 Environmental Science

D. Capstone
  LIB-495: Liberal Arts Capstone (UL)

III. Electives
PSY-201 Abnormal Psychology
PHR-102 Contemporary Moral Issues 
  ECO-111: Macroeconomics 
  ECO-112: Microeconomics 
  ART-221 Two-Dimensional Design 
  ACC-101 Accounting 
MAN-235 Project Management  
ACC-101 Financial Accounting
CS1001 Intro to Information Technology

Edit: I see my checked boxes aren’t showing up but the empty ones are… so the empty ones are the only ones that I haven’t started taking yet. Everything else is completed/almost completed. Also, I am aware I still have some electives to take (and possibly something else I overlooked?) that aren’t listed because I’m trying to figure out if I should just take the easiest classes I can find on Sophia or try and taken electives that fit into the dual degree. 
The only things you should be missing after completing the cs is tge professional business requirements. So I would concentrate on completing the cs degree first. Once all requirements are met than if you want to I would work on the business courses.
TESU is a little bit wacky. It shouldn't be too late, provided you haven't applied for graduation, but you may get some pushback from advising about adding the second degree. You can probably ignore their warnings, because they usually don't know what they're talking about.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle
(04-06-2023, 07:51 AM)rachel83az Wrote: TESU is a little bit wacky. It shouldn't be too late, provided you haven't applied for graduation, but you may get some pushback from advising about adding the second degree. You can probably ignore their warnings, because they usually don't know what they're talking about.

Oh I haven’t applied for graduation yet. I was just making sure I had my ducks in a row before going further. I’m wondering if I should just take the 2 easiest electives I can find on Sophia (without touchstones) and then take the 3 TESU courses I need to and be done with it…. Orrrr should I take 2 business courses as the electives (they have touchstones lol) in case I want to do the dual degree. I might as well. But since I didn’t do it from the start I feel like I have to take way more than just 4 extra courses stated in the wiki.
It's definitely more, but probably not way more. You've got the BSBA core, but you've already done some of those classes. Out of the 12 classes for core, you've done at least 3 of them. If you do 2 more for BACS electives, that's about half of them completed. Plus a couple more for the CIS AOS. It's not as neat and as tidy as if you'd started with both, but it's also not that bad either. I'd go for it. If it turns out that you just don't like the required business courses, and can't finish them, at least you've got the BACS already done.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(04-06-2023, 09:01 AM)Hi rachel83az Wrote: It's definitely more, but probably not way more. You've got the BSBA core, but you've already done some of those classes. Out of the 12 classes for core, you've done at least 3 of them. If you do 2 more for BACS electives, that's about half of them completed. Plus a couple more for the CIS AOS. It's not as neat and as tidy as if you'd started with both, but it's also not that bad either. I'd go for it. If it turns out that you just don't like the required business courses, and can't finish them, at least you've got the BACS already done.
So because A LOT of my courses (almost all) are in the process of being transferred my evaluation is pretty empty and hard for me to understand what I would still need. Based on my original post… would you be able to tell me what categories would (most likely) be completed after my latest evaluation and what I would still need? I’m sorry I know that probably sounds like I’m being lazy but I’ve tried to make lists of what I have and need and I just can’t figure out what goes where and if I’m missing something.

.jpeg   IMG_1848.jpeg (Size: 486.42 KB / Downloads: 17)
.jpeg   IMG_1849.jpeg (Size: 356.43 KB / Downloads: 13)
.jpeg   IMG_1850.jpeg (Size: 397.73 KB / Downloads: 14)
.jpeg   IMG_1851.jpeg (Size: 237.56 KB / Downloads: 12)
(04-06-2023, 09:01 AM)rachel83az Wrote: It's definitely more, but probably not way more. You've got the BSBA core, but you've already done some of those classes. Out of the 12 classes for core, you've done at least 3 of them. If you do 2 more for BACS electives, that's about half of them completed. Plus a couple more for the CIS AOS. It's not as neat and as tidy as if you'd started with both, but it's also not that bad either. I'd go for it. If it turns out that you just don't like the required business courses, and can't finish them, at least you've got the BACS already done.

You said I’ve done at least 3 of those courses but Besides system analysis and design to knock out “B. Systs Analy/Dsgn”  I don’t see anything else fitting into categories. Am I missing something? Also for “H. Business /Society” I checked wiki and don’t see exactly what I could take. 

So far this is all the extras I would need to take (I’m sure I’m missing stuff) 

Intro to managerial accounting SDC
Business law SOPHIA
Principles of finance SOPHIA 
Principles of management SOPHIA
Principles or marketing SDC
CMS learn course (quant skills biz)
Intro to Stats SOPHIA 
Business communication SDC
(04-06-2023, 12:02 PM)techmama Wrote:
(04-06-2023, 09:01 AM)rachel83az Wrote: It's definitely more, but probably not way more. You've got the BSBA core, but you've already done some of those classes. Out of the 12 classes for core, you've done at least 3 of them. If you do 2 more for BACS electives, that's about half of them completed. Plus a couple more for the CIS AOS. It's not as neat and as tidy as if you'd started with both, but it's also not that bad either. I'd go for it. If it turns out that you just don't like the required business courses, and can't finish them, at least you've got the BACS already done.

You said I’ve done at least 3 of those courses but Besides system analysis and design to knock out “B. Systs Analy/Dsgn”  I don’t see anything else fitting into categories. Am I missing something? Also for “H. Business /Society” I checked wiki and don’t see exactly what I could take. 

So far this is all the extras I would need to take (I’m sure I’m missing stuff) 

Intro to managerial accounting SDC
Business law SOPHIA
Principles of finance SOPHIA 
Principles of management SOPHIA
Principles or marketing SDC
CMS learn course (quant skills biz)
Intro to Stats SOPHIA 
Business communication SDC

You also need BUS120: International Business (SDC), and 1 more UL CIS AoS course (I think BUS309: Digital Marketing & Advertising - unless they will accept another UL course that you've already taken, I can't remember if they're picky about these or not).

This assumes that they will bring in Prin of Management (Sophia) as UL - if they don't, then you'll need to take the UL version of Int'l Business instead of the LL version.

And don't forget you'll have the BSBA capstone.

It's easy enough to add the BSBA/CIS and see how everything comes in prior to making a decsion.

Whatever you do, if you need more electives, I'd certainly take them from your list of needed courses - there's absolutely no reason to take random courses when taking specific ones that get you towards your 2nd goal are available.  That would be silly.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The three business core courses I saw you had were Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, and ACC-101.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(04-06-2023, 02:23 PM)rachel83az Wrote: The three business core courses I saw you had were Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, and ACC-101.

Irrelevant but I didn’t want to make another thread and clog up the feed… 

What about a masters in IT at tesu. Is there any way to combine that with a comp sci bachelors? Or is it just straight forward, you get your bachelors then apply for masters… no tips or tricks to do it faster?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 519 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 374 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 359 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 333 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 291 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 650 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,381 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 614 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch