Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA-CIS Upper Level Credit Help/Question
I'm basing my degree plan on dfrecore's BSBA-CIS spread sheet which can be easily found on this site. 

I already have 4 credits in my Area of Study:Computer Information Systems. I need 12 UL credits. I am looking for ideas for UL credits. If there is anything new out there then please let me know. If I could take an UL class on Study.com or something like that then I would prefer that.

So far this is my plan, let me know if it is still valid. Thanks.

CIS-320 REQUIRED - Info Systems Analysis and Design UL CSU-Global 

CMP-354 Network Technology UL TECEP

CIS-499 Cloud Computing and Big Data UL CSU-Global 

CMP-??? Intermediate Networking UL CSU-Global
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
If my guess is correct, your TEEX courses came in as LL and completed 1 LL course requirement.
I would recommend these if you're going with Study.com exclusively:

Any Study.com programming course LL (C, C++, Java)
CIS-301 Management Information Systems (UL Study.com)
MAR-441 Digital Marketing & Advertising (UL Study.com)
COS-311 Database Management (UL Study.com)
COS-320 Information Systems Analysis and Design (UL Study.com)

Or you can take this recommendation below, it's a mix of providers vs just using Study.com
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid277564
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • AwardTour
(02-04-2019, 06:18 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: If my guess is correct, your TEEX courses came in as LL and completed 1 LL course requirement.

Or you can take this recommendation below, it's a mix of providers vs just using Study.com

You are exactly right, my TEEX knocked out some LL credit in my AOS. Thanks for sharing this updated info with me. I will knock it out with Study.com soon. I need to because I know TESU can make something LL credit out of no where. This constant downgrading of credit from UL to LL is volatile. I need to get this done ASAP to solidify it on my academic record. 

Just to be clear, any Study.com programming course (C, C++, Java) can fulfill COS-213? So I don't need to take Programming with C++ at Straighterline?

(EDIT: Digital Marketing & Advertising will count towards my Area of Study???? Is this considered a technology course?)

Thanks.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
(02-04-2019, 06:35 PM)AwardTour Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 06:18 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: If my guess is correct, your TEEX courses came in as LL and completed 1 LL course requirement.

You are exactly right, my TEEX knocked out some LL credit in my AOS. Thanks for sharing this updated info with me. I will knock it out with Study.com soon. I need to because I know TESU can make something LL credit out of no where. This constant downgrading of credit from UL to LL is volatile. I need to get this done ASAP to solidify it on my academic record. 

Just to be clear, any Study.com programming course (C, C++, Java) can fulfill COS-213? So I don't need to take Programming with C++ at Straighterline?

(EDIT: Digital Marketing & Advertising will count towards my Area of Study???? Is this considered a technology course?)

Thanks.

You can take any programming course to meet the BSBA CIS requirement. I used the SDC Programming in C course for my AOS and used the SL Programming with C++ to meet my GenEd natural science requirement.

Yes, the Digital Marketing & Advertising course can be used as both a Marketing and CIS course.

As for other CIS courses in the AOS, this is what I used:

Programming:
  • COS-116 C Programming (@ SDC)
System Analysis & Design:
  • CIS-320 System Analysis & Design I (@ SDC)
CIS Electives:
  • MAR-441 Marketing Digital & Social Media (Digital Marketing & Advertising @ SDC)
  • CIS-311 Database Management (@ SDC)
  • CIS-301 Management Information Systems (@ SDC)
  • CAP-295 Intro to Security Basics (Cyber 101 @ TEEX)
  • CIS-244 Computer Security (Cyber 201 @ TEEX)
If the digital marketing course isn't interesting to you, you could also consider the Computer Architecture course at SDC. It's also UL and probably more fun to do, though its final project can be a pain in the butt. I found the final paper for the digital marketing class to be painful too, so it may be about the same.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • AwardTour
(02-04-2019, 05:16 PM)AwardTour Wrote: I'm basing my degree plan on dfrecore's BSBA-CIS spread sheet which can be easily found on this site. 

I already have 4 credits in my Area of Study:Computer Information Systems. I need 12 UL credits. I am looking for ideas for UL credits. If there is anything new out there then please let me know. If I could take an UL class on Study.com or something like that then I would prefer that.

CIS-320 REQUIRED - Info Systems Analysis and Design UL CSU-Global - now available at Study.com

CMP-354 Network Technology UL TECEP - now expensive at $225, so take something else

CIS-499 Cloud Computing and Big Data UL CSU-Global expensive at $250 when there are other options

CMP-??? Intermediate Networking UL CSU-Global - no longer available

Looks like you got an old degree plan.  Changes in red above, and people have posted alternatives.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • AwardTour
(02-04-2019, 07:19 PM)Merlin Wrote:

Thanks.

You can take any programming course to meet the BSBA CIS requirement. I used the SDC Programming in C course for my AOS and used the SL Programming with C++ to meet my GenEd natural science requirement.

Yes, the Digital Marketing & Advertising course can be used as both a Marketing and CIS course.

Programming:
CIS Electives:
  • MAR-441 Marketing Digital & Social Media (Digital Marketing & Advertising @ SDC)
If the digital marketing course isn't interesting to you, you could also consider the Computer Architecture course at SDC. It's also UL and probably more fun to do, though its final project can be a pain in the butt. I found the final paper for the digital marketing class to be painful too, so it may be about the same.

Thanks for the info and your opinions on the final projects for both Computer Architecture and Digital Marketing at SDC. I will need to take a close look at both before deciding which one makes the cut. You opinion is a factor for me but like you said in the end both courses might be about the same in terms of pain. I will need to glance the course contents of both to see how they strike me. Thanks again.

(02-04-2019, 08:07 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 05:16 PM)AwardTour Wrote: I'm basing my degree plan on dfrecore's BSBA-CIS spread sheet which can be easily found on this site. 

CIS-320 REQUIRED - Info Systems Analysis and Design UL CSU-Global - now available at Study.com

CMP-354 Network Technology UL TECEP - now expensive at $225, so take something else

CIS-499 Cloud Computing and Big Data UL CSU-Global expensive at $250 when there are other options

Looks like you got an old degree plan.  Changes in red above, and people have posted alternatives.

You are correct, I did not mean to imply that you were passing around old info. I, on my own, modeled my degree plan based on a degree plan you made for someone else while back. I asked for an update in the AOS and I got exactly that here at degreeforum.net. Your degree plan has stood the test of time everywhere else and was accurate for me, the only unexpected thing that happened was TESU stuck the 1 credit sophia course "The Essentials of Managing Conflict" under Human Cultures instead of in my GenEd Electives. 

Not to sidetrack my own thread but I hope TESU does not have the tendency to let credits overflow in one area at the expense of another. I want GenEd Electives to be a "catch-all" after I complete requirements in other areas. I am going to take US History 1 & 2 at Sophia, that will complete the requirements under "Human Cultures" along with the Psychology credit I already have. That 1 credit sophia class would be better utilized in my GenEd Electives rather than "overflowing" with an extra credit under Human Cultures. Maybe TESU will reduce the number of GenEd Elective credits required if I "overflow" in another area? I wonder where my extra credits from SOS-110 will end up? Just thinking out loud but additional comments are welcomed. Thank you.

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
(02-04-2019, 08:15 PM)AwardTour Wrote:

Thanks.

Programming:
CIS Electives:

Thanks for the info and your opinions on the final projects for both Computer Architecture and Digital Marketing at SDC. I will need to take a close look at both before deciding which one makes the cut. You opinion is a factor for me but like you said in the end both courses might be about the same in terms of pain. I will need to glance the course contents of both to see how they strike me. Thanks again.

You are correct, I did not mean to imply that you were passing around old info. I, on my own, modeled my degree plan based on a degree plan you made for someone else while back. I asked for an update in the AOS and I got exactly that here at degreeforum.net. Your degree plan has stood the test of time everywhere else and was accurate for me, the only unexpected thing that happened was TESU stuck the 1 credit sophia course "The Essentials of Managing Conflict" under Human Cultures instead of in my GenEd Electives. 

Not to sidetrack my own thread but I hope TESU does not have the tendency to let credits overflow in one area at the expense of another. I want GenEd Electives to be a "catch-all" after I complete requirements in other areas. I am going to take US History 1 & 2 at Sophia, that will complete the requirements under "Human Cultures" along with the Psychology credit I already have. That 1 credit sophia class would be better utilized in my GenEd Electives rather than "overflowing" with an extra credit under Human Cultures. Maybe TESU will reduce the number of GenEd Elective credits required if I "overflow" in another area? I wonder where my extra credits from SOS-110 will end up? Just thinking out loud but additional comments are welcomed. Thank you.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(02-05-2019, 01:03 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-04-2019, 08:15 PM)AwardTour Wrote:

Thanks.

Programming:
CIS Electives:

??? I wish I could see your new reply but I cannot see any anything new written in your last reply? Perhaps there was an error?

Master's in Data Science

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
(02-05-2019, 06:28 PM)AwardTour Wrote: [quote pid='280522' dateline='1549346637']
[quote pid='280490' dateline='1549329307']

[/quote]
??? I wish I could see your new reply but I cannot see any anything new written in your last reply? Perhaps there was an error?
[/quote]

GRRR!!! Angry   Yep, there was an error.  Bummer, because I'm sure I said something very meaningful! Sorry, I hate it when that happens.  Didn't used to happen on the old forum software, but the change they made to the new system does that pretty frequently.
Might want to start copying posts to the clipboard, then checking that they actually post. Weird as I haven't had that happen at all. Could it be some browser plugin?
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quick question about MAN-3760 & MAN-3730 jg_nuy 7 475 03-20-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 26 2,048 03-01-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,577 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,756 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  TESU Max Credit Transfer and graduation speed? ecdw94 3 693 02-01-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: jch
  BS CIS Upper Level AOS jg_nuy 21 1,489 01-19-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BA Computer Science Final upper class to take Armstrong 17 971 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 772 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  TESU multiple degrees / residency question Sean1234 12 1,127 11-03-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BSBA/BS-CIS? Jwheels27 14 1,299 10-23-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20