Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA Complete! Thank You To Everybody Who Has Helped Me
I received my BSBA degree last month after finishing up the capstone course in April and I just realized that I have not taken the time to post a proper thread.

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way both directly and indirectly through this amazing forum. I wouldn't have been able to do it without you guys. The day I discovered this forum was the day I realized that getting a college degree actually was possible for somebody like me.

It was a lot of work and a lot of powering through lesson after lesson but I just wanted to say a brief word of encouragement to those on the path. I found out about this forum in March of 2019 and started my first class -- the moral and political philosophy class from Saylor -- just to say I got a few college credits; I didn't really think I was going to actually get a degree. But I completed a few more courses and all of the free courses available at the time and began to think I might actually be able to do it. The folks on the forum were an amazing resource in helping me choose a degree path. I then registered at TESU to pursue the business major. 

It wasn't all smooth sailing and I did work very hard -- obsessively at times -- and there were a few classes that I took which unfortunately did not match up with my academic evaluation the way I expected. However, there were also some months where I got very little done because I was working more and I still managed to complete all of the classes in just over 2 years time. So, guys, it is totally possible to get a bachelor's degree in 2 years or less if you go full-time at it. I know things are changing at TESU and transfer credits are going down and fees are rising but I trust that this forum will be of utmost value to those seeking to attain a degree at an affordable cost moving forward.

Thanks for reading and good luck to everybody!
-Dan
TESU BSBA Gen Mgmt  sh: 120 (Complete)
Saylor (9): Env Eth, Mor & Pol Phil, Corp Com
OnlineDegree (18): Int Ast, Mod His, Int Psych, Microecon, Mark, Bio
Sophia (6 3): Con Res (1), Teams (1), SS (1), Gr Phil
CLEP (15): Int Soc, Mgmt, Comp (6), Gov't
CSM Learn (3): CSM
Institutes (2): Ethics (2)
TEEX (10 5): CYB101, CYB201, CYB301
Study.com (61 58): W Civ I, W Civ II, Rel 101, Pres Skills, Int Bus, Glob & Int Mgmt, Macroecon, Int to Computers, Fin Acct, Man Acct, Bus Law, Int E-Com, Col Alg, Precalc Alg (4), Int Ent, Princ Fin, SB Fin, SB Mgmt, Dig Mark, W Art His I, Fin Mgmt
TESU (9): SOS-110, Intro to Islam, Capstone
[-] The following 6 users Like Dan A Million's post:
  • akr680, allvia, CatsDomino, FastTrackDegree, Flelm, ss20ts
Congrats!

Sent from my NX591J using DegreeForum.net mobile app
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kab's post:
  • Dan A Million
Congrats! It's awesome to hear about another success story!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Dan A Million
Congratulations!
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • Dan A Million
Well done, fellow TESU BSBA class if 21!
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cerich67's post:
  • Dan A Million
Congrats! Way to go! What are your plans now that the Big Bachelors degree has been completed?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,755 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 771 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  BSBA/BS-CIS? Jwheels27 14 1,299 10-23-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Is CIS still a BSBA or it´s now a different degree? MrPanda 28 2,362 10-21-2023, 03:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BSBA Accounting 2nd Degree at TESU. mog538 10 1,144 10-06-2023, 10:05 PM
  Managerial Accounting for TESU BSBA Entrepreneurship schlocker 3 500 09-21-2023, 03:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BACS/BSBA CIS - Transferring Credits MortySanchez 12 1,312 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Theater Arts/BSBA Entrepreneurship vs UMPI's Accounting or Hist/PoliSci trying2grad 10 721 08-20-2023, 12:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BACS & Dual BSBA CIS + Finance max transfer credits. CanICode 18 1,009 08-04-2023, 06:22 AM
  BSBA Operations Management AOS dillpickles 48 2,918 07-17-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: dillpickles