Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA Demonstration of Currency Application
I have some old courses that I need to demonstrate currency in my area of study.  Did anybody had an experience with this?
Completed:
TESU - BSBA General Management (2021)
TESU - ASNSM Computer Science (2021)

IT Certificates:
A+, N+, S+, AWS Cloud Pract
If they are old then they are not current? I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I had to do this with some things that were over 10 years old for my Technical Studies BS area of study. They gave me a specific form that needed to be filled out on company letterhead verifying my currency and training that had been done within the last 10 years. I no longer worked there, but fortunately still knew some people in management willing to do it for me. I also had to have the government agency that documented my training respond to a request to certify information for some other courses. After they submitted it, TESU updated everything on my degree evaluation to say (*VAL) Course is 10+ years old, but has been validated. This process took about 30-40 days because it was done via snail mail and relied on a government agency to respond (they are in no hurry). Kind of a hassle but it all worked out. 

Not sure if this was because some of it was experiential credit from a prior university or why they made me do this. Some of the courses were just regular university courses in my area of study and not all of them were tagged for this validation. I worked directly with the dean in my department to get this done. He was very helpful to get me through the process.

(10-17-2020, 02:22 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If they are old then they are not current? I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do.

I can't answer for the OP, but for me, they wanted my area of study courses to be either recent or at least my knowledge to be "current". Not sure why it matters since a completed course is a completed course and I'm not being hired by TESU for a job. It is a thing TESU does though. The department I'm in contacted me after all my old transcripts were added to my evaluation. Many of my transfer courses were 15-20 years old, so this won't even be an issue for the majority of students.
dodek101  - you can do the form and wait, or if you prefer a faster option then take the Study.com BUS 202 - E-Marketing for LL credits in the AOS

Note: The only area where this will be an issue is in the AOS (Area of Study), you can have 10+ year old credits for all other courses such as general education/free electives.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
TESU requires this for the AOS only, and only for certain degrees - like the BSBA is one. IT is another.

This is common for other schools though - and won't even let you demonstrate currency. They may just say "we will not accept credits in your major older than X years old" or something like that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,756 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  TESU Application and Transcript Transfer? Jwheels27 9 683 12-15-2023, 11:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 772 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  BSBA/BS-CIS? Jwheels27 14 1,299 10-23-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Is CIS still a BSBA or it´s now a different degree? MrPanda 28 2,363 10-21-2023, 03:48 PM
  BSBA Accounting 2nd Degree at TESU. mog538 10 1,144 10-06-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Managerial Accounting for TESU BSBA Entrepreneurship schlocker 3 500 09-21-2023, 03:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BACS/BSBA CIS - Transferring Credits MortySanchez 12 1,312 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM
  TESU Theater Arts/BSBA Entrepreneurship vs UMPI's Accounting or Hist/PoliSci trying2grad 10 723 08-20-2023, 12:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore