Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA Dual AOS
Ok, so I knew that they didn't allow a dual AOS with a BSBA General management. I have planned BSBA with TESU BSBA in Entrepreneuship that has been the one I have been following and also another plan for BSBA in marketing.

Looking at the catalog it says "Students may complete up to two areas of study within one bachelor's degree. No more than 9 credits that are used in the first area of study may be used for the second area of study. All related required credits for each area of study, as well as all degree requirements, must be met at the same time. Students cannot complete a third area of study within one bachelor's degree."

So, looking at the time between when I will be done capstone (Dec) and when graduate (March) I looked at the two plans and said to myself that I could meet both plans and do the dual AOS by doing 3 more (9CH) UL marketing courses in January and get the dual AOS, Entr. and Marketing.

My advisor just informed me that for the BSBA they don't allow any credits from first AOS to be used in second AOS and would need to do 18 new CH.

Anybody run into this before?
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
You did used to be allowed to do the GM AOS, as long as you got a full 18cr in the other AOS. But honestly, I'm not sure why you'd want to do so: the GM AOS is a funky smorgasbord of courses, having to cover 3 out of 4 areas. It SOUNDS like you'd be taking courses in Management, but that's not the case, so it's not super useful.

If you wanted the ENTRE & MAR as dual AOS's, you need a Small Business Marketing course to use in the Entre AOS, because Marketing Research is a requirement in the MAR AOS. The only one I know of (and it's not cheap) is CSU-Global, MKG425S: Marketing Strategy for Small Business.

There are other combinations where you can get both easily, but this particular combination is not one of them.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(09-21-2020, 06:07 PM)dfrecore Wrote: You did used to be allowed to do the GM AOS, as long as you got a full 18cr in the other AOS.  But honestly, I'm not sure why you'd want to do so: the GM AOS is a funky smorgasbord of courses, having to cover 3 out of 4 areas.  It SOUNDS like you'd be taking courses in Management, but that's not the case, so it's not super useful.

If you wanted the ENTRE & MAR as dual AOS's, you need a Small Business Marketing course to use in the Entre AOS, because Marketing Research is a requirement in the MAR AOS.  The only one I know of (and it's not cheap) is CSU-Global, MKG425S: Marketing Strategy for Small Business.

There are other combinations where you can get both easily, but this particular combination is not one of them.

TESU takes the SDC Marketing 301: Marketing Research  That was approved for both my BSBA Marketing and BSBA Entrep. plans and is a required course the marketing AOS , and one of two choices (other being small business marketing) for the Entrp. AOS As I am doing all sophia/SDC and neither had small business marketing, Marketing research it is! Regardless, it's not an elective for the AOS from either of the two. There are only a couple actual options/paths to plan a Entrep. AOS using study.com to top off, and a wee bit more paths with marketing. Had the 18 CH with 9 overlap been allowed, I could have done the dual AOS. With no overlap, I would have to look elsewhere, and not so much invested in the idea to bother. I like doing SDC courses. LOL

Right now, just going to finish up the BSBA Entrep. plan then really thinking WGU for a MBA or MSML. I like the leadership stuff a bit more and truly want to avoid the Data-Driven Decision Making stats part of the MBA so "know" the MSML would be better suited for me, but a MBA means more when dealing with other folks and banks in my actual business. I have a few months to decide I guess.
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
(09-21-2020, 06:27 PM)cerich67 Wrote:
(09-21-2020, 06:07 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If you wanted the ENTRE & MAR as dual AOS's, you need a Small Business Marketing course to use in the Entre AOS, because Marketing Research is a requirement in the MAR AOS.  The only one I know of (and it's not cheap) is CSU-Global, MKG425S: Marketing Strategy for Small Business.

TESU takes the SDC Marketing 301: Marketing Research  That was approved for both my BSBA Marketing and BSBA Entrep. plans and is a required course the marketing AOS , and one of two choices (other being small business marketing) for the Entrp. AOS  As I am doing all sophia/SDC and neither had small business marketing, Marketing research it is! Regardless, it's not an elective for the AOS from either of the two. There are only a couple actual options/paths to plan a Entrep. AOS using study.com to top off, and a wee bit more paths with marketing. Had the 18 CH with 9 overlap been allowed, I could have done the dual AOS. With no overlap, I would have to look elsewhere, and not so much invested in the idea to bother. I like doing SDC courses. LOL

This is why I said you can't do these 2 with the "no overlap" rule (although I'm still not 100% sure that's a real rule): because there's no way to get that requirement done for Entrepreneurship without overlap.

I might call and see if you get a different answer from someone specifically asking about those 2 AOS's, and see if you can't get the courses pre-planned in.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 649 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,369 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,977 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Almost finished with dual CIS/CS degree - HELP! ACI 22 2,133 01-04-2024, 03:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 864 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  BSBA/BS-CIS? Jwheels27 14 1,341 10-23-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Is CIS still a BSBA or it´s now a different degree? MrPanda 28 2,408 10-21-2023, 03:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BSBA Accounting 2nd Degree at TESU. mog538 10 1,170 10-06-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Managerial Accounting for TESU BSBA Entrepreneurship schlocker 3 512 09-21-2023, 03:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BACS/BSBA CIS - Transferring Credits MortySanchez 12 1,351 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77