Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA GM - AOS issue FIN 301/MAR 301
So my degree has an issue.  Fin 301 and Mar 301 are no longer allowed to be in Area of Study section per my degree evaluation  since the dean changed the policy a while backs according to an advisor.  It was never really approved before I took it but I was told I could use those 2 classes verbally. I don’t have written proof though. I feel really upset since I planned this all out. I’m have Fin 201 and Mar 201 
Is there a way I can appeal this?
Hmm, did you go all the way to the dean? If so, then there's nothing more you can do. If you haven't tried appealing yet, try emailing them to see. Could you copy/paste your evaluation? Just remove whatever personal info there is, I want to see what you currently have - everything from the program credits all the way down including the "Other courses".
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hey, I got your private message. Actually, You're in really good shape to finish quickly, forget those two courses as those are intro courses to Finance and Marketing. You already have 3 courses in the AOS completed, you just need a couple more. In the "Other courses" ask them to move either of these into the AOS as it will fit in the AOS, not sure why it didn't populate, even though they're LL, you have space for one of those courses... So, pick either Organizational Behavior or Project Management.

Now, to finish your degree, you need either a Finance or Marketing course that is UL, so you can get this at Davar Academy, you should take 2 courses from them. If you decide to just take one, another option would be the UL Managerial Accounting from InstantCertCredit.com - you get to take it at $20+$15 proctor fee and you support this board. I recommend taking this course and another from Davar to finish the cheapest/easiest/fastest way.

Note: If they reject your Organizational Behavior OR Project Management, I'd like to know why, LOL. But you can take another Davar course as 2 is $99/month is it's just $15/exam. You can take a Finance and a Marketing, one must be in either field, if you don't take the ICC course, you can take one of each at Davar...

Pick two of these three Davar Academy: https://www.davaracademy.com/business.html
FIN-334 International Finance
FIN-311 Corporate Finance
MAR-310 Principles of Sales

(11-17-2020, 12:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey, I got your private message.  Actually, You're in really good shape to finish quickly, forget those two courses as those are intro courses to Finance and Marketing.  You already have 3 courses in the AOS completed, you just need a couple more.  In the "Other courses" ask them to move either of these into the AOS as it will fit in the AOS, not sure why it didn't populate, even though they're LL, you have space for one of those courses... So, pick either Organizational Behavior or Project Management.

Now, to finish your degree, you need either a Finance or Marketing course that is UL, so you can get this at Davar Academy, you should take 2 courses from them.  If you decide to just take one, another option would be the UL Managerial Accounting from InstantCertCredit.com - you get to take it at $20+$15 proctor fee and you support this board.  I recommend taking this course and another from Davar to finish the cheapest/easiest/fastest way.

Note: If they reject your Organizational Behavior OR Project Management, I'd like to know why, LOL.  But you can take another Davar course as 2 is $99/month is it's just $15/exam.  You can take a Finance and a Marketing, one must be in either field, if you don't take the ICC course, you can take one of each at Davar...

Pick two of these three Davar Academy: https://www.davaracademy.com/business.html
FIN-334 International Finance
FIN-311 Corporate Finance
MAR-310 Principles of Sales

Hello bjcheung77,

Thanks for your help!. Advisor said Prog Mgmt. can be added to AOS section B. So I technically need only o UL. I think Davar wiwll be the best option. Cost Accounting is the Managerial Accounting from SL I took years ago, so ICC might not work?

I can do Principle of Sales and Org Behavior if they both work as UL. Staying away from finance as much as possible.

I still want to file an appeal re MAR 301 and FIN 301, but is it worth it? It sucks that I they dont count when it was never listed anywhere and I told them about my issue.

Another problem I have are the TEEX credits which are not accepted in 3 groups when they are EXACTLY the same as the individual courses. 

Has anyone found a way to fix this issue with TESU? Other people got credits for their 10 cr via CYB 101,201,301 in the past. I feel so bad they are making it this difficult.
(11-17-2020, 03:03 PM)JC39 Wrote: Has anyone found a way to fix this issue with TESU? Other people got credits for their 10 cr via CYB 101,201,301 in the past. I feel so bad they are making it this difficult.

I was going to call TESU today but lost track of time. I settled for emailing ACE to see if they can do anything about the situation. This is ridiculous. I would feel better about it if they just flat out said that they no longer take the courses instead of this nonsense.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
No worries, just to let you know, your Project Management course is Lower Level and you have reached your lower level requirement maximum for the AOS, your courses you take from now on in the AOS, must be upper level. So decide on the courses you need from Davar Academy, you can pick from any one of the following and email academic advising to verify they're upper level.

You MUST take the MAR-310 Principles of Sales to round out your 3 of 4 areas
Choose from one of these at Davar:
CIS-301 Management Information Systems
MAN-311 Organizational Behavior
MAN-372 International Management
MAN-373 Managerial Communications

(11-17-2020, 03:58 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: No worries, just to let you know, your Project Management course is Lower Level and you have reached your lower level requirement maximum for the AOS, your courses you take from now on in the AOS, must be upper level.  So decide on the courses you need from Davar Academy, you can pick from any one of the following and email academic advising to verify they're upper level.

You MUST take the MAR-310 Principles of Sales to round out your 3 of 4 areas
Choose from one of these at Davar:  
CIS-301 Management Information Systems
MAN-311 Organizational Behavior
MAN-372 International Management
MAN-373 Managerial Communications

I’ll go with Sales and potentially one of the those other ones. However I international business is already on my core. I’m wondering if that overlaps with MAN-372.
MAN373 also comes in as LL according to the advisor... 
Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,755 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 771 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  BSBA/BS-CIS? Jwheels27 14 1,299 10-23-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Is CIS still a BSBA or it´s now a different degree? MrPanda 28 2,362 10-21-2023, 03:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BSBA Accounting 2nd Degree at TESU. mog538 10 1,144 10-06-2023, 10:05 PM
  Managerial Accounting for TESU BSBA Entrepreneurship schlocker 3 500 09-21-2023, 03:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BACS/BSBA CIS - Transferring Credits MortySanchez 12 1,312 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Theater Arts/BSBA Entrepreneurship vs UMPI's Accounting or Hist/PoliSci trying2grad 10 721 08-20-2023, 12:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BACS & Dual BSBA CIS + Finance max transfer credits. CanICode 18 1,009 08-04-2023, 06:22 AM
  BSBA Operations Management AOS dillpickles 48 2,918 07-17-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: dillpickles