Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA-GM TECEP and UL questions - better ideas?
My goal is a BSBA in GM from TESU.  I have mapped out everything else with CLEP and DSST.
I'm looking for tests to fulfill:

Managerial Accounting -> TECEP Principles of Managerial Accounting
Business/Managerial Communication -> TECEP Managerial Communications
TECEP Public Relations (IC) -> TECEP Public Relations (I see there is an IC study for this)

Introduction to Entrepreneurship -> TECEP Introduction to Entrepreneurship

Are those TECEPs the way to go?  Or is there an easier route with those.  If that's the best, what is the best way to study for those? I saw only Public Relations had IC study flashcards.  My goal is speed and saving as much money as possible, plus I prefer books to online videos.

Also, in order to fulfill the UL credits, I have the following:
Principles of Management -> CLEP Principles of Management
Introduction to Marketing -> CLEP Principles of Marketing
Principles of Finance -> DSST Principles of Finance
Organization Behavior -> DSST Organizational Behavior
Capstone

Am I understanding it correctly? Can anyone point me to a page on TESU's site that details how many UL credits are needed? (I've read here in the forums 12, 15, and 18... would love to know definitively.)
Thanks!
So first, I'm not certain why you're taking TECEP's. They are not the cheapest/easiest way to get credits.

Second, The CLEP and DSST exams you listed are not considered UL at TESU - which doesn't matter for some, because you're using them in an area that doesn't matter. For the BSBA, TESU requires 12cr of UL in the Area of Study (AOS) - aka Major or concentration. So, anything in the core is not required to be UL, and won't count towards the UL requirement. Then, the business capstone is 3cr of UL, so that puts you at 15cr of UL total. The BALS degree requires 18cr of UL, the BSBA only 15.

I would say that you probably haven't spent a ton of time on here to really dig in and figure out the different options available, so I would suggest that you do that first. Maybe 2-4 weeks really scouring the daily posts. It will help.

You may want to look at COSC (more than $2,000 cheaper than TESU) or WGU as well. They are both good options for the BSBA.

Just as a personal note, I thought the 2 CLEP's listed were a piece of cake, while the PR TECEP was a bear. So I don't recommend it - there are easier ways to get credits (and cheaper to boot).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks for the reply. What are UL options for the General Management AOS? I can't seem to find that anywhere.
I have seen that there are many options here on the forum. Just doing CLEP/DSST because it seems like the fastest. However, I certainly would prefer not to do the TECEPs if I can find an alternative. I just worry about the alternative being accepted. I've read threads about them tightening up on the alternate credit requirements, and I don't want to start down some route that I can't finish.
Study.com has some UL options, I think. depending on how you learn, TECEP is just as valid as anything else.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

Yes, dfrecore, as you can tell, I'm a total newbie at this!
I guess what makes the class UL is that it's numbered 300-500?
Hmm... so as far as I can tell with regards to UL, these are:
MAN-301 Principles of Management
FIN-321 Principles of Finance
MAN-311 Organization Behavior
(The only one from above that wasn't was Introduction to Marketing?)

Wouldn't all of these be in the General Management AOS? But the
CLEP Principles of Management
DSST Principles of Finance
DSST Organizational Behavior
wouldn't be considered UL? Even if they fulfilled the requirement? Where can you tell if it will be accepted as UL?

Thanks for jsh1138 for the study.com suggestion. I suppose I can do that for the last few...

Ah! I see what you mean about them being out of the AOS. Because they are already listed under the Professional Business Requirements, they can't be used for the AOS. Thanks, dfrecore, for pointing that out!
Also, I got conflicting number from the TESU site on those courses... just found another page that has
FIN-301 Principles of Finance
MAN-210 Principles of Management
Hmm... I guess it doesn't matter anyway for these.
Quote:Wouldn't all of these be in the General Management AOS? But the
wouldn't be considered UL? Even if they fulfilled the requirement? Where can you tell if it will be accepted as UL?

None of those are in the AOS. Those are all core BSBA requirements. Click the link below, you would select one of the four areas that it shows and get your credits from said course options.

https://www.tesu.edu/business/bsba/general-management
(11-08-2019, 01:13 PM)ScForum Wrote: Yes, dfrecore, as you can tell, I'm a total newbie at this!
I guess what makes the class UL is that it's numbered 300-500?
Hmm... so as far as I can tell with regards to UL, these are:
MAN-301 Principles of Management
FIN-321 Principles of Finance
MAN-311 Organization Behavior
(The only one from above that wasn't was Introduction to Marketing?)

Wouldn't all of these be in the General Management AOS?  But the

Thanks for jsh1138 for the study.com suggestion.  I suppose I can do that for the last few...

Ah! I see what you mean about them being out of the AOS.  Because they are already listed under the Professional Business Requirements, they can't be used for the AOS.  Thanks, dfrecore, for pointing that out!
Also, I got conflicting number from the TESU site on those courses... just found another page that has
FIN-301 Principles of Finance
MAN-210 Principles of Management
Hmm... I guess it doesn't matter anyway for these.

DSST Organizational Behavior comes in as MAN-212 Organizational Behavior.  (can be used in AOS LL credit)
DSST Principles of Finance comes in as FIN-200 Principles of Finance
CLEP Principles of Management comes in as MAN-210 Principles of Management

The AOS for BSBA GM is 18 credits in total.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Got it! Thanks for all your help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CIS-1070 TECEP legenwait4itdary 6 269 02-29-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: RJ77
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
Lightbulb TESU - Course Transfer Questions mweichert 12 963 02-15-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,757 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  TECEP for Enrollment optimisticCoder3 8 590 01-16-2024, 09:59 PM
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 772 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  French international student questions about TESU BACS azuki 19 1,783 11-03-2023, 10:25 AM
  International students would like to ask some questions. Ron9 4 744 11-02-2023, 11:25 AM
  Recent ProctorU & Network Technology TECEP (CMP-3540) Experience AllThose299s 5 788 11-01-2023, 10:27 PM