Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA GM -TESU help with degree plan
I am trying to finish my BSBA since 2012(90 credits back then) on and off. Being unemployed now, I have more time and motivation to finally do it.  I started this year in January, took 4 courses at TESU.

Now I am on the 2020 catalog with 78 credits earned. (technically 87, TESU is still evalu my 9 credits form Sophia)
I have a Pell grant and Sophia $149 membership.

I want to finish my degree fast and easy.

I know that I need to take a capstone(probably in 2021) at TESU with another easy course.  With Pell, I have to take 2 courses minimum.  But the rest I can take somewhere else.

I  aprriciet any sugestions

I. General Education Requirements

COM-209 Public Speaking > Public Speaking  >  (To Be Taken)--Sophia
SOC-101 Introduction to Sociology > Intro to Sociology >  (Completed)--Sophia
PHI-180 Introduction to Ethics > Introduction to Ethics >  (Completed)--Sophia
CIS-107 Computer Concepts and ApplicationsIntro to IT(In progress)--Sophia
STA-201 Principles of statistics >  Introduction to Statistics >  (Completed)--Sophia
POS-110 American Government > American Government >  (To Be Taken)--InstantCert

II. Professional Business Requirements

LAW-201 Business Law > Business Law >  (To Be Taken)--Sophia
FIN-200 Principles of Finance > Principles of Finance  >  (In progress)--Sophia
BUS-311 Business in Society or MAN-372 International Management--?
MAN-373 Managerial Communications--?
BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone--(To Be Taken)--TESU

III. Area of Study: General Management

A: GMS Required
MAR-310 Principles of Sales--?--Group 2
(FIN-331 Financial Institutes and Markets)--? for ACC-201 Intermediate Accounting I --If not approved by TESU--Group 1 

B: GMS Elective Area
Not sure what to do with that one--Group 2
Completed:
TESU - BSBA General Management (2021)
TESU - ASNSM Computer Science (2021)

IT Certificates:
A+, N+, S+, AWS Cloud Pract
(10-13-2020, 09:39 PM)dodek101 Wrote: I am trying to finish my BSBA since 2012(90 credits back then) on and off. Being unemployed now, I have more time and motivation to finally do it.  I started this year in January, took 4 courses at TESU.

Now I am on the 2020 catalog with 78 credits earned. (technically 87, TESU is still evalu my 9 credits form Sophia)
I have a Pell grant and Sophia $149 membership.

I want to finish my degree fast and easy.

I know that I need to take a capstone(probably in 2021) at TESU with another easy course.  With Pell, I have to take 2 courses minimum.  But the rest I can take somewhere else.

I  aprriciet any sugestions

I. General Education Requirements

COM-209 Public Speaking > Public Speaking  >  (To Be Taken)--Sophia
SOC-101 Introduction to Sociology > Intro to Sociology >  (Completed)--Sophia
PHI-180 Introduction to Ethics > Introduction to Ethics >  (Completed)--Sophia
CIS-107 Computer Concepts and ApplicationsIntro to IT(In progress)--Sophia
STA-201 Principles of statistics >  Introduction to Statistics >  (Completed)--Sophia
POS-110 American Government > American Government >  (To Be Taken)--InstantCert

II. Professional Business Requirements

LAW-201 Business Law > Business Law >  (To Be Taken)--Sophia
FIN-200 Principles of Finance > Principles of Finance  >  (In progress)--Sophia
BUS-311 Business in Society or MAN-372 International Management--?
MAN-373 Managerial Communications--?
BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone--(To Be Taken)--TESU

III. Area of Study: General Management

A: GMS Required
MAR-310 Principles of Sales--?--Group 2
(FIN-331 Financial Institutes and Markets)--? for ACC-201 Intermediate Accounting I --If not approved by TESU--Group 1 

B: GMS Elective Area
Not sure what to do with that one--Group 2
Have you looked into Study.com for you upper level courses? That'll probably be your next step.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • dodek101
InstantCert's Managerial Accounting currently comes to TESU as UL credit. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/InstantCert.com You'll likely want to take that for some pretty fast & easy UL credits.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • dodek101
Hmm, ouch, that hurts!  TESU took a few credits off from the initial evaluation, here's what you need to do to reclaim some of those credits.  
I've got homework for you and I've got questions.  First off, let's start with the following, I've copy/pasted this from a previous post.
Invest in a second monitor if you don't have one already, this will allow you to multi-task and research/study more effectively.  
You should complete ALL the FREE TEEX courses located here, for free electives: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit
Then complete ALL the Sophia.org courses located here, for general ed/AOS/FE: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

Your homework is to get an academic evaluation in your TESU OSS for the following Associate degrees, I want to see if you can get them completed without doing too much extra at all.  ASNSM Computer Science, AAS Applied Computer Studies, AAS Environmental Safety Security Technologies, I know you'll get the AA and ABSA but those would be redundant and not too necessary.  Lastly, do a BALS academic evaluation also, as I think, you've completed the entire Upper Level requirements already!

Going from bottom to top, in order to get back a few credits for the BSBA, you have a few credits in the "Other" field that should be re-usable for the BSBA GM.  If you review your pdf, you have AOS Elective Group 2 MAN299 and MAR399, they are 1 & 2 credit.  You're missing 1 course, you have two options - A) Ask to move LAS-401 into that field, it's 4 credit and will bump the 1 credit off.  OR B) You have several 1 credit courses, ask to have any of the following 3, MAN-348, MAN-399, FIN-321, ECO-325, and BUS-399 moved into that field.

Now, in the GM Required, you're missing Group 1 and 2.  This needs to be in two different courses, either Accounting, Finance, Marketing.  You don't need to have UL in here, but why not as the cheap/easy/fast may in fact be UL.  You can take any two Davar Academy business courses for $99/month + proctor fee of $15 each.  Here are the 4 courses I recommend to "finish" off a few more fields in the Professional Business Requirements.

Davar Academy Link: https://www.davaracademy.com/business.html
Choose between FIN-334 International Finance and FIN-311 Corporate Finance
Complete MAR-310 Principles of Sales
Complete MAN-372 International Management
Complete MAN-373 Managerial Communications

Question and Answer time: You have 12 Residency credits  already, technically, you just need 4 more credits for Residency requirements.  You mentioned you're using Pell Grants, are you going for a 3 credit Capstone and 1 credit simple course.   I don't think that hits the 6 credit requirement for it to qualify for Pell Grants, would you do 6 credits instead?  Hmm, you should email TESU to verify.

I also noticed that you have just hit the 2.0 Internal GPA required at TESU and the 4 courses you took, you may have struggled a bit with the English I & II, would the capstone and another course be too much for you?  Do you have a budget or funding to cover the cost if you don't choose to use the Pell Grant?  It's a bit late now, but I would have recommended you to take all of those 12 credits elsewhere and transferred them instead of taking that at TESU.  Reply back and let see what we can do for you...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • dodek101
(10-14-2020, 02:37 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You should complete ALL the FREE TEEX courses located here, for free electives: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr..._of_Credit
Then complete ALL the Sophia.org courses located here, for general ed/AOS/FE: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

OP is good to go as far as electives go; the TEEX courses aren't really necessary at this point. Sophia is still a great idea, though, because it'll cover Public Speaking, Sociology, Ethics, Science, Algebra, Statistics, Business Law, and Principles of Finance.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
  • dodek101
(10-14-2020, 02:37 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Your homework is to get an academic evaluation in your TESU OSS for the following Associate degrees, I want to see if you can get them completed without doing too much extra at all.  ASNSM Computer Science, AAS Applied Computer Studies, AAS Environmental Safety Security Technologies, I know you'll get the AA and ABSA but those would be redundant and not too necessary.  Lastly, do a BALS academic evaluation also, as I think, you've completed the entire Upper Level requirements already!
 Great advise. Especially when I want to look for work in IT and on top of BSBA it would help to get AA in computers.  Now I am studying for A+ certificate and hopefully, that will get me an entry-level IT position.

I did my homework with evaluations.  I also attached them.  All those evaluations don't include 9 credits from Sophia; TESU approval pending (SOC-101, STA-201, PHI-180).

BALS - 92 SH applied.
AAS Applied Computer Studies - 43 SH applied.
AAS Environmental Safety Security Technologies - 38 SH applied.
ASNSM Computer Science - 30 SH applied.

Quote:Going from bottom to top, in order to get back a few credits for the BSBA, you have a few credits in the "Other" field that should be re-usable for the BSBA GM.  If you review your pdf, you have AOS Elective Group 2 MAN299 and MAR399, they are 1 & 2 credit.  You're missing 1 course, you have two options - A) Ask to move LAS-401 into that field, it's 4 credit and will bump the 1 credit off.  OR B) You have several 1 credit courses, ask to have any of the following 3, MAN-348, MAN-399, FIN-321, ECO-325, and BUS-399 moved into that field.
 I have a phone meeting with the TESU adviser this Friday and I will ask him if he can move those credits. I will let you guys know how it went.

Quote:Now, in the GM Required, you're missing Group 1 and 2.  This needs to be in two different courses, either Accounting, Finance, Marketing.  You don't need to have UL in here, but why not as the cheap/easy/fast may in fact be UL.  You can take any two Davar Academy business courses for $99/month + proctor fee of $15 each.  Here are the 4 courses I recommend to "finish" off a few more fields in the Professional Business Requirements.

Davar Academy Link: https://www.davaracademy.com/business.html
Choose between FIN-334 International Finance and FIN-311 Corporate Finance
Complete MAR-310 Principles of Sales
Complete MAN-372 International Management
Complete MAN-373 Managerial Communications
 I will look into that. You think Davar is easier than study.com?

Quote:Question and Answer time: You have 12 Residency credits  already, technically, you just need 4 more credits for Residency requirements.  You mentioned you're using Pell Grants, are you going for a 3 credit Capstone and 1 credit simple course.   I don't think that hits the 6 credit requirement for it to qualify for Pell Grants, would you do 6 credits instead?  Hmm, you should email TESU to verify.
To use Pell I need to take 6 credits minimum.  So when I will be ready for Capstone I could also take CIS-107 at the same time, instead of Shopia's.

Quote:I also noticed that you have just hit the 2.0 Internal GPA required at TESU and the 4 courses you took, you may have struggled a bit with the English I & II, would the capstone and another course be too much for you?  Do you have a budget or funding to cover the cost if you don't choose to use the Pell Grant?  It's a bit late now, but I would have recommended you to take all of those 12 credits elsewhere and transferred them instead of taking that at TESU.
When I  started TESU back in 2012 I took too many courses and I failed them(ENC-101, LAW-201, COS 101) When I decided to go back to TESU again this January, my GPA was 1.30.  Now after retaking those failed courses(except LAW-201) my GPA is 2.060.   I can pay for the capstone myself but that will be probably later in 2021.  I also want to lock the 2020 calendar so I don't lose 20 credits again like I did in 2012.  My residency is waived because I took courses in 2012 that's what my adviser told me last time.  But I will ask again.
Completed:

IT Certificates:
[-] The following 1 user Likes dodek101's post:
  • nomaduser
Just FYI, the easiest and cheapest way to lock in your catalog, rather than taking more courses, would be to pay for a TECEP. If you need to give yourself a breather before continuing on, this would be a great way to do so. Then you could do the capstone and the cornerstone together under the Pell Grant? That could save you some money and headache in the long run.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
  • dodek101
(10-15-2020, 01:53 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Just FYI, the easiest and cheapest way to lock in your catalog, rather than taking more courses, would be to pay for a TECEP. If you need to give yourself a breather before continuing on, this would be a great way to do so. Then you could do the capstone and the cornerstone together under the Pell Grant? That could save you some money and headache in the long run.

Thanks.  From what I have read in this forum, there is Medical Terminology TECEP. I can just take it or I need to pass it as well in order to lock the catalog?  I pass the cornerstone(SOS-110) back in January, I only need BUS-421 capstone.
Completed:

IT Certificates:
You don't even need to take the TECEP; just pay for it and withdraw once the refund date has passed. You don't get any credits for that but the $50 is still a cheap way to lock in the catalog.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(10-15-2020, 09:59 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You don't even need to take the TECEP; just pay for it and withdraw once the refund date has passed. You don't get any credits for that but the $50 is still a cheap way to lock in the catalog.

Great. Thanks!
Completed:

IT Certificates:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Path/degree recommendation for a 40 yr old man with no degree Freyo27 0 21 1 hour ago
Last Post: Freyo27
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 34 580 2 hours ago
Last Post: crowbird
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 5 99 2 hours ago
Last Post: RachelB
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 8 310 2 hours ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 135 Yesterday, 06:39 AM
Last Post: curious
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,476 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,851 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 178 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 341 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 954 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM