Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA GM -TESU help with degree plan
Wow, I am amazed, you're already there! Congrats! You have roughly 15-18 residency credits I think or so? If 18, this BSBA should NOT have a residency fee associated with it. You're off the hook for the second Bachelors as well. You can do a double major, BACS/BALS Social Science since that evaluation shows you need 30 credits for the CS, you can take your time and get some experience under your belt - also relax/work on some cheap online business or IT certificates.

In regards to taking more courses off Study.com for the BACS, you can AFTER you have been conferred the degree. Do not take any courses, but only certificates, if you take more ACE courses, these must happen AFTER you have conferred the degree, otherwise it will not be added to your degree plan. So, relax a bit - take the Google IT or some other certificates for fun, wait to graduate, then take more Study.com courses towards the BACS! You just need to take 1 course from TESU, the capstone.

Just to make sure you have the "residency credits", please tell me how many courses you have taken from TESU in total? You may want to list it out to verify you have either 15 or 18 credits, I did a quick peek but think it's 15 credits right now. If you're at 15 credits, you NEED the residency waiver. If at 16-18, you DO NOT need the residency waiver. I would recommend taking a cheapo 1 credit course from them to skip that residency fee if you're at 15 credits - end of story.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-14-2021, 08:16 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Wow, I am amazed, you're already there!  Congrats!  You have roughly 15-18 residency credits I think or so? If 18, this BSBA should NOT have a residency fee associated with it.  You're off the hook for the second Bachelors as well.  You can do a double major, BACS/BALS Social Science since that evaluation shows you need 30 credits for the CS, you can take your time and get some experience under your belt - also relax/work on some cheap online business or IT certificates.  

In regards to taking more courses off Study.com for the BACS, you can AFTER you have been conferred the degree.  Do not take any courses, but only certificates, if you take more ACE courses, these must happen AFTER you have conferred the degree, otherwise it will not be added to your degree plan.  So, relax a bit - take the Google IT or some other certificates for fun, wait to graduate, then take more Study.com courses towards the BACS!  You just need to take 1 course from TESU, the capstone.

Just to make sure you have the "residency credits", please tell me how many courses you have taken from TESU in total?  You may want to list it out to verify you have either 15 or 18 credits, I did a quick peek but think it's 15 credits right now.  If you're at 15 credits, you NEED the residency waiver.  If at 16-18, you DO NOT need the residency waiver.  I would recommend taking a cheapo 1 credit course from them to skip that residency fee if you're at 15 credits - end of story.

Thanks for your advice.  With BUS-421 I will have 18 credits.  I thought of taking A+ and N+ certificates.  After I get my degree conferred and later if  I decided to go for CS can I do those 30 credits remaining through ACE or it needs to be taken in TESU due to policy change?
Completed:
TESU - BSBA General Management (2021)
TESU - ASNSM Computer Science (2021)

IT Certificates:
A+, N+, S+, AWS Cloud Pract
dodek101 Wrote:Thanks for your advice.  With BUS-421 I will have 18 credits.  I thought of taking A+ and N+ certificates.  After I get my degree conferred and later if  I decided to go for CS can I do those 30 credits remaining through ACE or it needs to be taken in TESU due to policy change?

Yes, the policy change does not affect you and no - as per my message above, you must take the Capstone from TESU for 3 credits, the remainder of your 27 credits will be all Computer Science & Math practically all from Study.com courses. So, technically, if you wanted to add another ASNSM Math to that ASNSM of yours, since it's free and no other courses needed... you can do so! You have all the residency credits required, just pay the capstone cost and graduation cost again, you get another BACS/BALS SS and ASNSM Math!

(03-15-2021, 12:33 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
dodek101 Wrote:Thanks for your advice.  With BUS-421 I will have 18 credits.  I thought of taking A+ and N+ certificates.  After I get my degree conferred and later if  I decided to go for CS can I do those 30 credits remaining through ACE or it needs to be taken in TESU due to policy change?

Yes, the policy change does not affect you and no - as per my message above, you must take the Capstone from TESU for 3 credits, the remainder of your 27 credits will be all Computer Science & Math practically all from Study.com courses.  So, technically, if you wanted to add another ASNSM Math to that ASNSM of yours, since it's free and no other courses needed... you can do so!  You have all the residency credits required, just pay the capstone cost and graduation cost again, you get another BACS/BALS SS and ASNSM Math!

Thanks, Just one more thing.  My GPA now is at 2.8 without BUS-421 grade.  If I want 3.0, I should get an A from my Capstone, I will try to get it, but it will be hard.  In the future, I would like to get into graduate school either in the US or overseas.
The courses that I took from TESU previously, I already retook them.  What do I do in this situation?.  With the March term capstone, my graduation will be in September.
Completed:

IT Certificates:
(03-15-2021, 09:39 AM)dodek101 Wrote:

Yes, the policy change does not affect you and no - as per my message above, you must take the Capstone from TESU for 3 credits, the remainder of your 27 credits will be all Computer Science & Math practically all from Study.com courses.  So, technically, if you wanted to add another ASNSM Math to that ASNSM of yours, since it's free and no other courses needed... you can do so!  You have all the residency credits required, just pay the capstone cost and graduation cost again, you get another BACS/BALS SS and ASNSM Math!

Thanks, Just one more thing.  My GPA now is at 2.8 without BUS-421 grade.  If I want 3.0, I should get an A from my Capstone, I will try to get it, but it will be hard.  In the future, I would like to get into graduate school either in the US or overseas.
The courses that I took from TESU previously, I already retook them.  What do I do in this situation?.  With the March term capstone, my graduation will be in September.

You can calculate what your GPA will be, and figure out what you need to get your cumulative GPA to 3.0 overall.  How many credits do you currently have to make up your 2.8?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-15-2021, 10:42 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 09:39 AM)dodek101 Wrote:

You can calculate what your GPA will be, and figure out what you need to get your cumulative GPA to 3.0 overall.  How many credits do you currently have to make up your 2.8?
Completed:

IT Certificates:
I thought I did a calculation for you somewhere in this thread or another thread, here's the GPA calculator from TESU, you can punch in all 15 credits and when you're done with the Capstone, enter in your info to see your exact GPA. For now, enter in what you think you'll end up with - I would try anywhere from an A to B Link: https://www2.tesu.edu/gpa/index.php

(03-15-2021, 11:33 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I thought I did a calculation for you somewhere in this thread or another thread, here's the GPA calculator from TESU, you can punch in all 15 credits and when you're done with the Capstone, enter in your info to see your exact GPA. For now, enter in what you think you'll end up with - I would try anywhere from an A to B  Link: https://www2.tesu.edu/gpa/index.php
Thanks, I need A- from the capstone.
Completed:

IT Certificates:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 5 104 3 hours ago
Last Post: smartfion
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 596 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,229 04-18-2024, 05:21 AM
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,943 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 217 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 211 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,176 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 191 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 4 525 04-16-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Mems88
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,309 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77