Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA GM -TESU help with degree plan
I may seem partial but based on your goals I'd suggest you stick with the ASNSM Computer Science and the BSBA-GM.  The ASNSM Computer Science does not require it's own capstone.  Adding a BALS adds another capstone (and there really is no need for this is you already are getting a BSBA). There are plenty of LL CS courses available through SDC, if you'll even need them - you'll gain some with the free TEEX courses (which I'm sure is why bjcheung77 suggested taking them).  Your idea of taking CIS-107 and the BSBA Capstone together is an excellent plan (and will likely do well to boost your GPA a bit) - you only need two more courses to meet the residency requirement and you'll be able to maximize using your PELL Grant.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • dodek101
I agree; no need to get the BALS if you're getting the BSBA. If you do happen to want a second degree, consider a combined BA in the future. Since you'll already have hit residency requirements, there's no worry about needing to pay the residency fee again. You'd just need to pay for the capstone and whatever other courses you might bring in. History/Psychology or whatever.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • dodek101
(10-14-2020, 02:37 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Going from bottom to top, in order to get back a few credits for the BSBA, you have a few credits in the "Other" field that should be re-usable for the BSBA GM.  If you review your pdf, you have AOS Elective Group 2 MAN299 and MAR399, they are 1 & 2 credit.  You're missing 1 course, you have two options - A) Ask to move LAS-401 into that field, it's 4 credit and will bump the 1 credit off.  OR B) You have several 1 credit courses, ask to have any of the following 3, MAN-348, MAN-399, FIN-321, ECO-325, and BUS-399 moved into that field.

I spoke to an academic adviser. None of those courses can be moved because they are 7 years and older.  What I can do, is to put them on the Demonstration of Currency form and see if they will get approved.  Did anyone got experience with this form?

My enrolment is good until 5/2021 because I took the last course at TESU in 5/2020.  My catalog is locked for the next 3 years.

I need 4 more credits to meet the residency requirement, capstone, and probably some other course.  PELL grant will come in handy.

I asked also about MBA/Master option too.  I would need a GPA of 3.0 to get accepted. With my current GPA, I would have to get some more courses from TESU to get to 3.0.  For now, I will take all the courses from Sophia and other sources and bank them.  Later if I decided to go for Masters, I will retake some of them at TESU to bring my GPA up?

The Adviser suggested to me, that before I take any courses outside TESU to email them for approval and they also will plant them into my evaluation.

I asked to put the ASNSM Computer Science degree on my file.

I also thought about BSBA in Computer Information Systems instead of BSBA in General Management but that's probably more work and time.
Completed:
TESU - BSBA General Management (2021)
TESU - ASNSM Computer Science (2021)

IT Certificates:
A+, N+, S+, AWS Cloud Pract
TESU MBA program is very expensive. PELL Grants are only available for undergrad so once you have a bachelor no more PELL.  However, many people pay for their grad work through an employer reimbursement program. I wouldn't worry too much about the GPA; there are always good programs available when you have some work experience to back up the application. Again, I would recommend the CIS-107 and Capstone to meet your remaining residency credits (yes that will give you two more credits than you need, but you'll get a lot of bang for the buck for both GPA boost and usage of the PELL). Either BSBA option works; there are just more lower cost ULs available for the GM path.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • dodek101
Here are my recommendations: Yes, your optimal choice of cheap/easy/fast & most value or ROI.
1) Stop studying for the A+ for now, do the Google IT FREE! But finish your degree requirements first.
2) Adding the ASNSM will require more alternative credits, but won't require an associates capstone.
3) LAS-401 is over 7 years old but you have other courses over 7 year old already in your GM AOS.
4) Study.com is actually my recommendation, you aren't working and was trying to save you a few bucks.

You should take the following to finish your degree off with InstantCertCredit and Study.com
ICC Managerial Accounting UL $20 exam + $15 proctor
SDC MAR 306 Principles of Sales UL $100
SDC BUS 120 International Business LL $100
SDC BUS 113 Business Communications LL $70/extra exam

5) Pell Grant: You need 6 credits, the Capstone but don't choose CIS-107, do LAW-201
My recommendation instead is take your Business Law to change that F to an A or B.
If you have Pell Grant left to spare, you can do two terms and the following courses.
Term 1: SOS-204 Academic Community Impact, BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone
Term 2: LAW-201 Business Law, LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone

6) Yes, I noticed your grades, selecting CIS-107 is a good choice and if you do well, your GPA gets better.
But the best way to bump your GPA up is to redo the LAW-201 to eliminate the F in the calculation for GPA!
Why am I asking you to do the SOS-204 Academic Community Impact and the Liberal Arts Capstone? <LOL>
7) Skip the Medical Terminology TECEP, you're already enrolled until 5/2021 because of your last two classes.
8) If you have the time to spare, sure, change the GM to CIS, but at the end of the day, it's a BSBA...

9) MBA/Masters in the future is a great idea, however, TESU is a bit expensive for now. You can try Walden.
They have MBA/Masters at 50% off for the life of the program, if it takes you 3 terms/9 months, it's still OK.
I would recommend doing the Universidad Isabel I ENEB Masters and then go for the MBA or Masters at Walden.
You can invest in Universidad Isabel I ENEB MBA & Masters for $249, I paid an extra $217 for 1 more Masters.
The MBA/Masters combo really did prepare me for a few subjects better than I expected. Not bad at all.

10) <LOL> Finally, why the SOS-204/LIB-495 combo? Because you like to tackle cheap/easy/fast + value/ROI.
To use Pell Grant to the fullest, you should take 4 courses over 2 terms, thus my suggestion above.
You need to take SOS-204 before you can take the alternative new LIB-495 geared for project work vs extensive writing.
Because you're in NJ, you can use these two courses to help you achieve better through, mentoring & networking.
Further to that, you're using these two courses to prepare you for the Masters degree and the job hunting process!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-16-2020, 09:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: 3) LAS-401 is over 7 years old but you have other courses over 7 year old already in your GM AOS.

Thank you very much for all your suggestions, they are very helpful. 

TESU adviser told me that they only allowed up to 50 % of courses to be older than 7 years in AOS.  I can try different advisers and see if he will be able to move them.

I looked at Google IT through Coursera. It currently costs $49 a month and runs from 3 to 6 months.
Completed:

IT Certificates:
(10-17-2020, 11:43 AM)dodek101 Wrote: I looked at Google IT through Coursera. It currently costs $49 a month and runs from 3 to 6 months.

The Google IT course is currently FREE for college/university students. 

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...er-31-2020

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...dent-email

It only takes 3-6 months if you dawdle. I think I spent 3-6 weeks total on the course. I only just finished it (today!) because I took a break for a few months. I could've finished it in less time if I'd really wanted to.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
dodek101 Wrote:Thank you very much for all your suggestions, they are very helpful. 

TESU adviser told me that they only allowed up to 50 % of courses to be older than 7 years in AOS.  I can try different advisers and see if he will be able to move them.

I looked at Google IT through Coursera. It currently costs $49 a month and runs from 3 to 6 months.

Google IT Professional Cert on Coursera can be done FREE, you might have missed my thread here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...er-31-2020

Save time - Skip the LAS-401, take the Study.com BUS 202 Intro to E-Commerce, it'll transfer in as an E-Marketing LL course.
I noticed your previous thread and updated it: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...pplication?

(10-17-2020, 12:34 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
dodek101 Wrote:Thank you very much for all your suggestions, they are very helpful. 

Google IT Professional Cert on Coursera can be done FREE, you might have missed my thread here:  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...er-31-2020

Save time - Skip the LAS-401, take the Study.com BUS 202 Intro to E-Commerce, it'll transfer in as an E-Marketing LL course.
I noticed your previous thread and updated it: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...pplication?

I am planning to use bjcheung77 advice and take those courses for my core and general mngt req:

SDS BUS 113 Business Communications 
SDS BUS 120 International Business
SDS BUS 202 Intro to E-Commerce

SDS MAR 306 Principles of Sales

ICC Managerial Accounting

I never took any Study.com course. What is the best plan to sign up for and what to expect from those courses? Is there a lot of writing assignments to do?  I don't think I will be able to handle them all at once. I think the total cost for SDS 4 courses will bring me up to $800. 
Completed:

IT Certificates:
Take your pick between the Davar or the Study.com courses I mentioned earlier, it won't really matter which route you go as Davar would be slightly cheaper/easier/faster but they're NCCRS, Study.com is ACE recommended for credit.  In regards to pricing, both of these are on a monthly membership and include two courses.   I would do a mix of Davar/Study.com if I had a choice... see below.

Davar Business courses are $99/month and $15/course proctoring, so it's $129 for two business courses a month, or $258 for 4 courses in two months.  Study.com is $199/month and includes two courses (and their corresponding exams).  If you need an extra Study.com exam, it's $70/exam and you can take up to an extra 3 in that one month.  If you do cram 4 exams in one month, it'll be $199+140=$339.

I also noticed your signature, if you're thinking of a TESU BA Sociology, you may want to get the BALS Social Science instead as it would be cheaper/easier/faster.  If you ever needed to go into a Masters program, unless it's from a "top tier school", for the majority of the Liberal Arts degree programs, a basic BALS would suffice as long as you have the prerequisites...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 575 5 hours ago
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 34 2,138 7 hours ago
Last Post: ASenna
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,893 Today, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 177 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 179 Yesterday, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 24 1,099 04-16-2024, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 174 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 4 522 04-16-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Mems88
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 43 4,286 04-15-2024, 09:45 AM
  Advice on degree options juliakeller2011 3 170 04-09-2024, 11:25 PM