Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA GM -TESU help with degree plan
Strange. Why don't FIN-321 Investment Banking (1 credit), MAN-348 Decision Making for Management (1 credit), or MAN-399 Restructurization (1 credit) count for those remaining 2 credits? You've also got a HRM course for 4 credits which I also would've thought might count.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • dodek101
There's is nothing wrong with the evaluation, they just moved some courses around, that happens very often. If you think something should go somewhere else, you can change it, but essentially, it'll give you the same amount of credits and end result - which is, you need 2 courses left for the AOS along with completing your pre-planned courses. Just follow through with what courses I recommended you, end of story (the 1 credit, 2 credit courses are what's changing the view, but in the end, you still need to hit up those final 18 credits no matter how many credits you slice it, they just skewed the view a little...)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • dodek101
(01-05-2021, 12:02 PM)Flelm Wrote: Hi Dodek,

It looks ok to me. The evaluation auto-hides groups if they're not needed, so that's why it's not showing group 1 (accounting) in the GMS required, and GMS Electives groups 1/2 are for UL/LL respectively. I believe I would maybe ask if they would accept LAS-401 or SOC-365 you already have, since Labor Law and Sociology of Work Organizations are listed on the TESU website. I don't know if they didn't slot that in because of the 7 year rule, or if you've spoken to them about it already.
 Thanks,
They wrote to me that none of the courses currently in Other can be moved into the area because I maxed out on the age limit for older courses.

I think it all depends on who is doing the evaluation.  One day adviser gave me 96 credits, the next day other one gave me 100 credits with the same evalu.  Go figure.
Completed:
TESU - BSBA General Management (2021)
TESU - ASNSM Computer Science (2021)

IT Certificates:
A+, N+, S+, AWS Cloud Pract
(01-05-2021, 01:28 PM)dodek101 Wrote:

It looks ok to me. The evaluation auto-hides groups if they're not needed, so that's why it's not showing group 1 (accounting) in the GMS required, and GMS Electives groups 1/2 are for UL/LL respectively. I believe I would maybe ask if they would accept LAS-401 or SOC-365 you already have, since Labor Law and Sociology of Work Organizations are listed on the TESU website. I don't know if they didn't slot that in because of the 7 year rule, or if you've spoken to them about it already.
 Thanks,
They wrote to me that none of the courses currently in Other can be moved into the area because I maxed out on the age limit for older courses.

I think it all depends on who is doing the evaluation.  One day adviser gave me 96 credits, the next day other one gave me 100 credits with the same evalu.  Go figure.

Yes, you can only have 9cr of coursework older than 7yrs in the AOS.  You obviously have WAY more than that, but you still need at least 9cr of new coursework in there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-05-2021, 01:55 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Thanks,

Yes, you can only have 9cr of coursework older than 7yrs in the AOS.  You obviously have WAY more than that, but you still need at least 9cr of new coursework in there.
Thanks,
I want to avoid taking accounting in AOS.  I am not good at it.  
Is there anything else I can take with my current eval.  The easier than better.
I look at BSBA Wiki and they have Project Management from Sophia.  Will that do to complete those 2 credits?
Completed:

IT Certificates:
(01-05-2021, 02:10 PM)dodek101 Wrote: Thanks,
Is there anything else I can take with my current eval.  The easier than better.
I look at BSBA Wiki and they have Project Management from Sophia.  Will that do to complete those 2 credits?

Yup. When I ran the what-if eval, my Sophia Project Management slotted in there.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
(01-05-2021, 02:10 PM)dodek101 Wrote:

Thanks,

Thanks,

You need 12cr of UL in the AOS, leaving 6cr of LL.  This course is LL, so if you need UL credits, then it won't work (I can't remember and don't want to look at the eval again, sorry).

Since you have credits in all 4 areas, you might have to ask them to move some things around.  IIRC, you had a LL accounting course in the AOS already, so you're good with accounting.  You're taking FIN-334 and MAR-310, so that's all 3 areas.  You're good to take whatever you want now.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-05-2021, 02:16 PM)Flelm Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 02:10 PM)dodek101 Wrote: Thanks,

Yup. When I ran the what-if eval, my Sophia Project Management slotted in there.
Thanks!
Completed:

IT Certificates:
(01-05-2021, 02:17 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 02:10 PM)dodek101 Wrote:

Thanks,

Thanks,

You need 12cr of UL in the AOS, leaving 6cr of LL.  This course is LL, so if you need UL credits, then it won't work (I can't remember and don't want to look at the eval again, sorry).

Since you have credits in all 4 areas, you might have to ask them to move some things around.  IIRC, you had a LL accounting course in the AOS already, so you're good with accounting.  You're taking FIN-334 and MAR-310, so that's all 3 areas.  You're good to take whatever you want now.

I just got approval from TESU for Project Management, Sophia.  My degree plan is completed.  
Now I have 4 SDC and 1 Sophia course left; March Term Capstone.  
If everything goes according to plan I will shoot for September Graduation.
Completed:

IT Certificates:
I am on my last course BUS-421(BSBA) which will end in late May.

I postpone LIB-495(BALS_SS) for now or I will shred it later.  Not sure now.

I am thinking now about BACS either from TESU or Purdue.

My goal for now is to get a job and start my career.

My options are to find work with BSBA and ASNSM at the end of May or I get done as much as I can for my BACS until September.  I am just wondering about that.

When I get done with BSBA and later decided on pressing BACS from TESU, do I need to worry about residency again?

I am attaching my BACS generic evaluation.

Attached Files
.pdf   BACS.pdf (Size: 1.7 MB / Downloads: 7)
Completed:

IT Certificates:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 24 277 13 minutes ago
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 116 5 hours ago
Last Post: curious
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 7 260 Yesterday, 12:01 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,469 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,846 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 170 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 284 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 946 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 8 182 03-25-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Piwi737
  IT Degree Options Advice theredwallflower 4 558 03-23-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: theredwallflower