Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA HEALTH CARE MANAGEMENT
I need  HCM-405 Financing and Economics of Healthcare Delivery course to satisfy my degree. Does anybody know an equivalent course I can take on study.com/straighterline etc. that would satisfy this course? 

Im taking all of my Healthcare management courses on study.com except the HCM-405 because I can't figure out an equivalent course for it- there doesn't seem to be one on study.com but maybe (hopefully) I'm wrong. 

Somebody please help- I need to take this class faster and cheaper than  the one offered at TESU.
Unfortunately, I don't think that this is a class that has any alternate sources. There is definitely not an equivalent at SDC and I don't believe there is an equivalent elsewhere. The cheapest/fastest way to do this would be to take HCM-405 as part of a 16 credit term (assuming you haven't already taken at least this many credits at TESU). This would consist of:
  • Capstone
  • Cornerstone
  • PLA-100 - short 1-credit course to bring the total up to 16 credits. Course can be completed in 5-10 hours.
  • HCM-405
  • 2 easy 100-level ePacks (NOT TECEPs) or courses. ePacks would be just one exam that you could pre-study for, so it's recommended that you do at least one ePack. CIS-107 should be easy enough that you actually don't have to study at all.
The cost for a 16-credit term at TESU would be $4639 and no residency fee. If you only did the 6 credits for the capstone & cornerstone, that'd be $3114 for the tuition and $3192 for the residency fee waiver, totaling $6306. This makes 16 credits cheaper than 6 credits!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I agree with rachel83az.

Not sure why you decided on a degree that's not alt-credit friendly? But once you do that, you have to figure out how you're going to get those credits that can't be found elsewhere. In this case, the 16cr term at TESU is your best bet.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hello! I can help. I’m doing a dual BSBA in healthcare management and organizational management/human resource management. I’m currently taking the cornerstone and Comparative Healthcare Systems. In my evaluation they took the study.com healthcare finance class (lower level) but only 12 upper level credits are needed.

A: Healthcare Mngt 3 SH (Complete)
HCM 307-Principles of Healthcare Management
Study.com accepted

B: Legal/Ethical 3 SH
HCM-308 Healthcare Legal and Ethical Considerations
Study.com accepted

C. HRM Healthcare 3SH
HCM-406 Human Resources Management of Healthcare Organizations
Study.com accepted

D. Comparative 3SH
Needs to be done at TESU

E. Quality/Outcomes 3SH
HCM-404 Healthcare Quality and Outcomes: Measurement and Management
Study.com accepted

F. Finance/Economic 3SH
HCM 405-The Financing and Economics of Healthcare Delivery
Study.com accepted
[-] The following 1 user Likes tpell1219's post:
  • schoolgirlb
The HCM-405 Financing and Economics of Healthcare Delivery course is only offered 5 times a year.  The next time is Dec and it won't be offered again till the Feb term after that.  

That course looks easy, 40% free discussion points, WOWEE.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(11-20-2021, 07:20 PM)tpell1219 Wrote: Hi thank you!! This looks like all the TESU requirements- what study.com course is the equivalent of HCM 405 please? Thanks for responding!Hello! I can help. I’m doing a dual BSBA in healthcare management and organizational management/human resource management. I’m currently taking the cornerstone and Comparative Healthcare Systems. In my evaluation they took the study.com healthcare finance class (lower level) but only 12 upper level credits are needed.

Study.com accepted

Study.com accepted

C. HRM Healthcare 3SH
Study.com accepted

D. Comparative 3SH
Needs to be done at TESU

E. Quality/Outcomes 3SH
Study.com accepted

F. Finance/Economic 3SH
Study.com accepted

(11-20-2021, 07:29 PM)Are you saying TESU only offers this course 5 times a year? and are you saying it looks easy because of the TESU syllabus? LevelUP Wrote: The HCM-405 Financing and Economics of Healthcare Delivery course is only offered 5 times a year.  The next time is Dec and it won't be offered again till the Feb term after that.  

That course looks easy, 40% free discussion points, WOWEE.
Yes, some courses are offered every month, while some are only offered every other month or once a quarter. With TESU discussion post requirements, it's difficult to get less than 90% (more likely 100%) for that requirement unless you're being really, really lazy or you just miss a post for some reason. Assuming you get 90% of 40%, that's 36% of your total points right there. You can get 60% on the remaining requirements and still pass with a 72% overall. Passing with a C isn't great for your GPA, but you'd still have at least passed the class.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-20-2021, 07:20 PM)Hello, which study.com course will satisfy HCM 405? Is it study.com\s Health 305?Looking forward to your response! tpell1219 Wrote: Hello! I can help. I’m doing a dual BSBA in healthcare management and organizational management/human resource management. I’m currently taking the cornerstone and Comparative Healthcare Systems. In my evaluation they took the study.com healthcare finance class (lower level) but only 12 upper level credits are needed.

Study.com accepted

Study.com accepted

C. HRM Healthcare 3SH
Study.com accepted

D. Comparative 3SH
Needs to be done at TESU

E. Quality/Outcomes 3SH
Study.com accepted

F. Finance/Economic 3SH
Study.com accepted
HERE ARE THE HCM EQUIVALENT COURSES I ENROLLED IN ON STUDY.COM:

HCM 307-Health 303

HCM-308-Health 301

C. HRM Healthcare 3SH
HCM-406 -Health 310

D. Comparative 3SH
Needs to be done at TESU

E. Quality/Outcomes 3SH
HCM-404 Health 308

F. Finance/Economic 3SH
HCM 405-Health 205

G. Capstone
Needs to be done at TESU

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Operations Management Cert Add-on Dosada 2 129 03-26-2024, 05:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,755 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 771 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  BSBA/BS-CIS? Jwheels27 14 1,299 10-23-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Is CIS still a BSBA or it´s now a different degree? MrPanda 28 2,362 10-21-2023, 03:48 PM
  BSBA Accounting 2nd Degree at TESU. mog538 10 1,144 10-06-2023, 10:05 PM
  Managerial Accounting for TESU BSBA Entrepreneurship schlocker 3 500 09-21-2023, 03:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BACS/BSBA CIS - Transferring Credits MortySanchez 12 1,312 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM
  TESU Theater Arts/BSBA Entrepreneurship vs UMPI's Accounting or Hist/PoliSci trying2grad 10 721 08-20-2023, 12:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BACS & Dual BSBA CIS + Finance max transfer credits. CanICode 18 1,009 08-04-2023, 06:22 AM