Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA HR TESU - Upper level courses Penn Foster
So Dfrecore made me a great degree plan for getting my BSBA with HR focus at TESU. On my degree plan I have Organizational Theory and Development to take through Penn Foster and Two "Any HR related courses" to take through Penn Foster on my plan.

I was just wondering if there are any other upper level options? Penn Foster is fine if that's the only or best option, I just wanted to compare my choices to pick whats best for me.

Thanks everyone
Org Theory & Development - I think that was through CSU-Global. Should have been anyway, PF doesn't have that course that I know of. CSU-Global has either Organizational Development, or Modern Organizational Theory - both UL, but I would check with TESU to see which one will fulfill the requirement.

They have a bunch more courses you can take as well, all UL:
HR Dev & Management
Managing & Leading Team Dynamics
Employment Law, Compensation & Policy, Training & Staff Development
Organizational Innovation & Change
Project Management
Conflict Management & Negotiation
Strategic Innovation & Ideas
Applied Org Psych
Principles and Practices of Effective Leadership
Communication Strategies for Leaders

Since I made the spreadsheet for you, PF raised their prices and are now a lot more than the rest. But their HR courses are UL:

Employee Benefits (HRM-337)
Labor Relations (LAS-321)
Training Concepts (HRM-365)

I would just contact TESU to get pre-approved on what you want, and see what everything will come in as. Please let me know what they say for the CSU-Global courses, I don't have course equivalencies for most of their courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Org Theory & Development - I think that was through CSU-Global. Should have been anyway, PF doesn't have that course that I know of. CSU-Global has either Organizational Development, or Modern Organizational Theory - both UL, but I would check with TESU to see which one will fulfill the requirement.

They have a bunch more courses you can take as well, all UL:
HR Dev & Management
Managing & Leading Team Dynamics
Employment Law, Compensation & Policy, Training & Staff Development
Organizational Innovation & Change
Project Management
Conflict Management & Negotiation
Strategic Innovation & Ideas
Applied Org Psych
Principles and Practices of Effective Leadership
Communication Strategies for Leaders

Since I made the spreadsheet for you, PF raised their prices and are now a lot more than the rest. But their HR courses are UL:

Employee Benefits (HRM-337)
Labor Relations (LAS-321)
Training Concepts (HRM-365)

I would just contact TESU to get pre-approved on what you want, and see what everything will come in as. Please let me know what they say for the CSU-Global courses, I don't have course equivalencies for most of their courses.

Ohh you're right it said CSU Global. The thing about CSU global is that it sounds like the courses take a few months even though they aren't that difficult and I had a goal to finish in June. I guess I could take them all at the same time and still maybe finish by June? I'll definitely get everything TESU approved and then let you know what they say.
Thanks for all the info!

Wait! never mind! I see now Penn Foster is the one that has the courses that take at least a few weeks. I don't know why I kept getting them mixed up. I guess the obvious best route to go is CSU Global because it's cheaper and can be taken whenever I'm ready.

Sorry about that thanks for your help!
And there is probably no chance I can take any of these UL courses from study.com right?

Business 315: Logistics & Supply Chain Management
Business 307: Leadership & Organizational Behavior- HRM-362 : Human Resources Development
Business 312: Advanced Operations Management OPM-301 : Operations Management
Business 311: Project Management MAN-435 : Project Management
Business 105: Labor Relations LAS-321 : Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining

I already have MAN 331 DSST Human Resource Management. But that looks like a different course on Study.com than the HR development

I'm just waiting for TESU to receive my last couple transcripts and then I should be able to confirm my choices with them, I just want to be ready.
gremlinbrawler Wrote:Ohh you're right it said CSU Global. The thing about CSU global is that it sounds like the courses take a few months even though they aren't that difficult and I had a goal to finish in June. I guess I could take them all at the same time and still maybe finish by June? I'll definitely get everything TESU approved and then let you know what they say.
Thanks for all the info!

Wait! never mind! I see now Penn Foster is the one that has the courses that take at least a few weeks. I don't know why I kept getting them mixed up. I guess the obvious best route to go is CSU Global because it's cheaper and can be taken whenever I'm ready.

Sorry about that thanks for your help!

Why would you think it would take a few months for the CSU Global CBE? They are more expensive at $250, and more comprehensive, however as I understand it, their CBE(competency based exams) are 100 multiple choice questions.
I thoroughly enjoyed taking the CSU Global CBE for Market Research, as it had lots of supplemental reading if one wanted to(links to relevant research papers, TED talks etc.).
I will be updating my other thread later today, as I'm taking the Final today. I would not say that it would take a few months, it took me around two weeks to be ready. Then again, there is a chance I could fail, but they give you up to 6 months to try a second time and for free!

Here are their relevant exams for you:

Human Resources - CSU CBE

Human Resources Development and Management
HRM400EX (3 credits)

Managing and Leading Team Dynamics
HRM425EX (3 credits)

Employment Law, Compensation, and Policy
HRM450EX (3 credits)

Training and Staff Development
HRM455EX (3 credits)

Organizational Development
HRM460EX (3 credits)
Started Sept. 2016 -Thomas Edison State Univeristy - BSBA - Marketing 120/120 DONE
ACE/ALT 41 CR
TECEP: 15 CR
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra l College Algebra l Statistics l
The Institutes: Ethics
Saylor: Principles of Marketing
Straighterline: American Government l Intro to Religion l Principles of Management l English Comp II l
Study.com : Business 308 l History 108 l Principles of Finance l Digital Marketing
CSU CBE: Market Research l
TECEP: Strategic Management l  Public relations l Advertising l Sales Mgmt l Marketing Comm
Community College B&M Courses (2013-2015) 64 CR General Ed. and Business
Short-term Objective: TESU BSBA in Marketing by Sept. 2017 (DONE!) Graduating in June
Long-term Objective: Career in marketing then eventually MBA or MSC in Marketing later on  
TESUAbroad Wrote:They are more expensive at $250

This is cheaper than Penn Foster (PF is $329/course)
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
gremlinbrawler Wrote:And there is probably no chance I can take any of these UL courses from study.com right?

Business 315: Logistics & Supply Chain Management - NOT HR (OPS MANAGEMENT)
Business 307: Leadership & Organizational Behavior- HRM-362 : Human Resources Development - ON STUDY.COM'S TRANSFER PAGE FOR TESU, THIS IS MAN-311, DUPLICATING ORG BEHVIOR
Business 312: Advanced Operations Management OPM-301 : Operations Management - NOT HR (OPS MANAGEMENT)
Business 311: Project Management MAN-435 : Project Management - GET IT PRE-APPROVED, IT IS IN MY AOS FOR HR
Business 105: Labor Relations LAS-321 : Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining - THIS SHOULD WORK

I already have MAN 331 DSST Human Resource Management. But that looks like a different course on Study.com than the HR development - THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION FOR HR THEORY & DEV (TESTING OUT) THAN CSU-GLOBAL

I'm just waiting for TESU to receive my last couple transcripts and then I should be able to confirm my choices with them, I just want to be ready.

Answers are in bold red above.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • kietro
dfrecore Wrote:Answers are in bold red above.

Thank you so much!! I will plan on those two and get them pre-approved.
TESUAbroad Wrote:Why would you think it would take a few months for the CSU Global CBE? They are more expensive at $250, and more comprehensive, however as I understand it, their CBE(competency based exams) are 100 multiple choice questions.
I thoroughly enjoyed taking the CSU Global CBE for Market Research, as it had lots of supplemental reading if one wanted to(links to relevant research papers, TED talks etc.).
I will be updating my other thread later today, as I'm taking the Final today. I would not say that it would take a few months, it took me around two weeks to be ready. Then again, there is a chance I could fail, but they give you up to 6 months to try a second time and for free!

Here are their relevant exams for you:

Human Resources - CSU CBE

Human Resources Development and Management
HRM400EX (3 credits)

Managing and Leading Team Dynamics
HRM425EX (3 credits)

Employment Law, Compensation, and Policy
HRM450EX (3 credits)

Training and Staff Development
HRM455EX (3 credits)

Organizational Development
HRM460EX (3 credits)

I was getting CSU Global mixed up with Penn Foster. From what I read on here Penn Foster takes at least a few weeks because you have to attend live seminars or something like that so it's not completely at your own pace. I'll definitely do the CSU Global placement exams. Thanks for the list of exams!
gremlinbrawler Wrote:I was getting CSU Global mixed up with Penn Foster. From what I read on here Penn Foster takes at least a few weeks because you have to attend live seminars or something like that so it's not completely at your own pace. I'll definitely do the CSU Global placement exams. Thanks for the list of exams!

No problem! Just in case though, make sure to email academicadvising@tesu.edu for the courses you are looking to take. I started studying for the Market Research CBE but also sent an email to advising to make sure it is transferable. I forget his name, but there was a Finance major who did not get a CBE approved for his area of study, so it's always good to make sure. Good luck Smile
Started Sept. 2016 -Thomas Edison State Univeristy - BSBA - Marketing 120/120 DONE
ACE/ALT 41 CR
TECEP: 15 CR
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra l College Algebra l Statistics l
The Institutes: Ethics
Saylor: Principles of Marketing
Straighterline: American Government l Intro to Religion l Principles of Management l English Comp II l
Study.com : Business 308 l History 108 l Principles of Finance l Digital Marketing
CSU CBE: Market Research l
TECEP: Strategic Management l  Public relations l Advertising l Sales Mgmt l Marketing Comm
Community College B&M Courses (2013-2015) 64 CR General Ed. and Business
Short-term Objective: TESU BSBA in Marketing by Sept. 2017 (DONE!) Graduating in June
Long-term Objective: Career in marketing then eventually MBA or MSC in Marketing later on  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,422 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 979 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 705 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,167 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 373 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,888 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,039 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 2,078 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 594 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 336 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM