Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA HR TESU - Upper level courses Penn Foster
gremlinbrawler Wrote:Okay thank you that makes more sense. So you're saying that Intermediate Algebra (MAT 115) DOES fulfill the Quantitative Analysis section and the Statistics fulfills the Mathematics section? So I don't need Quantitative Analysis AND Intermediate Algebra?

Quantitative Analysis is a section, not the title of a course. It basically means "math." Whatever math you take will fulfill it, but then you'll still need College Algebra and Stats. If you take more than those, then they may put the courses in QA and Math, but then Stats & CA will go to Gen Ed Electives.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Quantitative Analysis is a section, not the title of a course. It basically means "math." Whatever math you take will fulfill it, but then you'll still need College Algebra and Stats. If you take more than those, then they may put the courses in QA and Math, but then Stats & CA will go to Gen Ed Electives.

Oh I keep accidentally writing Quantitative Analysis but I meant Quantitative Literacy - The one on my plan. So I do only need EITHER Quantitative Literacy OR Algebra PLUS Statistics? (Two total)?
Got this in an e-mail from TESU this morning!
Both Study.com courses, Labor Relations and Project Management, are approved for your area of study. They will transfer over as LAS-321 and MAN-435, respectively.

So that's cool .
So I just got back my course evaluation so now I can see everything I need on the student portal for TESU. My degree plan says I need MAT - 115 but that says I need MATT 121 or MATT 119. Does MAT 115 count? Or have they changed this since my plan was made?
gremlinbrawler Wrote:So I just got back my course evaluation so now I can see everything I need on the student portal for TESU. My degree plan says I need MAT - 115 but that says I need MATT 121 or MATT 119. Does MAT 115 count? Or have they changed this since my plan was made?

MAT-121 is College Algebra, that is required for the BSBA (as is Stats). If the plan came from me, Intermediate Algebra (MAT-115) is not required, but if you're going to do ALEKS, it's the best way to take advantage of the membership and get all of your math in. Int Alg is an extra, but basically free.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:MAT-121 is College Algebra, that is required for the BSBA (as is Stats). If the plan came from me, Intermediate Algebra (MAT-115) is not required, but if you're going to do ALEKS, it's the best way to take advantage of the membership and get all of your math in. Int Alg is an extra, but basically free.

Okay that makes perfect sense! Yes the plan did come from you and everything is transferring over perfectly so far so thank you so much for it!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 385 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,718 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,800 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,399 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,812 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 537 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 309 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM