Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA HR TESU - Upper level courses Penn Foster
Yes, anything that does not have a TESU course equivalency that you're certain will transfer, you should get pre-approval for.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
TESUAbroad Wrote:No problem! Just in case though, make sure to email academicadvising@tesu.edu for the courses you are looking to take. I started studying for the Market Research CBE but also sent an email to advising to make sure it is transferable. I forget his name, but there was a Finance major who did not get a CBE approved for his area of study, so it's always good to make sure. Good luck Smile

Can I do this before I am fully enrolled? I have applied and been accepted but I am currently waiting on TESU to receive all of my transcripts.
In the e-mail I got after they received my first few transcripts they said that I do have access to academic advising so I assume that I can. If I were to send an e-mail to them do I have to tell them all of the courses I have already taken or can I simply ask if certain courses will cover certain requirements?
gremlinbrawler Wrote:Can I do this before I am fully enrolled? I have applied and been accepted but I am currently waiting on TESU to receive all of my transcripts.
In the e-mail I got after they received my first few transcripts they said that I do have access to academic advising so I assume that I can. If I were to send an e-mail to them do I have to tell them all of the courses I have already taken or can I simply ask if certain courses will cover certain requirements?

Yes you can! How would people know what courses to enroll in without advising? Or if their courses would transfer?
Also, I'm currently not enrolled (will be in march for TECEP), but have sent and received plenty of emails to advising Smile
Started Sept. 2016 -Thomas Edison State Univeristy - BSBA - Marketing 120/120 DONE
ACE/ALT 41 CR
TECEP: 15 CR
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra l College Algebra l Statistics l
The Institutes: Ethics
Saylor: Principles of Marketing
Straighterline: American Government l Intro to Religion l Principles of Management l English Comp II l
Study.com : Business 308 l History 108 l Principles of Finance l Digital Marketing
CSU CBE: Market Research l
TECEP: Strategic Management l  Public relations l Advertising l Sales Mgmt l Marketing Comm
Community College B&M Courses (2013-2015) 64 CR General Ed. and Business
Short-term Objective: TESU BSBA in Marketing by Sept. 2017 (DONE!) Graduating in June
Long-term Objective: Career in marketing then eventually MBA or MSC in Marketing later on  
dfrecore Wrote:Answers are in bold red above.

So I don't mean to ask silly questions but I'm about to write an email to the TESU academic advising and I want to make sure I'm asking the question correctly the first time so that we don't have to go back and fourth e-mailing too much because I've heard they are pretty slow.
Anyways I have applied, been accepted and they have sent me e-mails saying that they have received my transcripts. However on the student website none of my courses are showing up yet so I guess they haven't approved them yet? Anyways hopefully they don't need to do that before answering my questions.
Do I just say something like "Will Study.com's Business 311: Project Management course transfer over as MAN-435 Project Management for my degree program?" Along with the same question for Labor Relations? -OR- do I also have to ask if Labor relations and Project Management will count in my Professional Business Requirements?

Thanks for all the help everyone.
gremlinbrawler Wrote:So I don't mean to ask silly questions but I'm about to write an email to the TESU academic advising and I want to make sure I'm asking the question correctly the first time so that we don't have to go back and fourth e-mailing too much because I've heard they are pretty slow.
Anyways I have applied, been accepted and they have sent me e-mails saying that they have received my transcripts. However on the student website none of my courses are showing up yet so I guess they haven't approved them yet? Anyways hopefully they don't need to do that before answering my questions.
Do I just say something like "Will Study.com's Business 311: Project Management course transfer over as MAN-435 Project Management for my degree program?" Along with the same question for Labor Relations? -OR- do I also have to ask if Labor relations and Project Management will count in my Professional Business Requirements?

Thanks for all the help everyone.

You ask "What does Study.com's Business 311: Project Management transfer in as?" Unfortunately, instead of simply answering the question, they will proceed to add it to your academic evaluation as a planned course...which, in a roundabout way does answer the question. If it doesn't work in your degree plan and you decide not to take it, you can then ask for it to be removed.

Do the same with the other course. You can probably get away with asking both in the same email.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
davewill Wrote:You ask "What does Study.com's Business 311: Project Management transfer in as?" Unfortunately, instead of simply answering the question, they will proceed to add it to your academic evaluation as a planned course...which, in a roundabout way does answer the question. If it doesn't work in your degree plan and you decide not to take it, you can then have to ask for it to be removed.

Do the same with the other course. You can probably get away with asking both in the same email.

Thank you so much! So they probably won't be able to give me a completely solid answer until they evaluate all of my other courses right?
gremlinbrawler Wrote:Thank you so much! So they probably won't be able to give me a completely solid answer until they evaluate all of my other courses right?
No, each transfer decision is separate from the others so they will be able to tell you exactly what they will come in as. Sometimes, they will put something into one category when you wanted it in another, but the important thing is to get the TESU course number they decide to make it equivalent to. For courses like these, they will probably put them into your AOS (assuming they fit) before they tried to put them elsewhere.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
You don't have to ask about Study.com's equivalencies, as they already have them listed on their website: Thomas Edison State University

What you have to do is ask if they will fulfill the AOS for your major. You have to be VERY specific about that.

I personally try not to contact TESU unless it is absolutely necessary. They are a nightmare.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:You don't have to ask about Study.com's equivalencies, as they already have them listed on their website: Thomas Edison State University

What you have to do is ask if they will fulfill the AOS for your major. You have to be VERY specific about that.

I personally try not to contact TESU unless it is absolutely necessary. They are a nightmare.

Good to know thank you! Do you know if phone or e-mail is a better bet? I'm thinking phone might be faster but it's not set in stone unless they tell you in writing that it will count right?
gremlinbrawler Wrote:Good to know thank you! Do you know if phone or e-mail is a better bet? I'm thinking phone might be faster but it's not set in stone unless they tell you in writing that it will count right?

You can call or email, either will work. If you call, they can still "plan in" the courses you request, and you will see it on your eval when you log in.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 381 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,693 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,798 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,398 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,811 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 537 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 309 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM