Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA HR TESU - Upper level courses Penn Foster
Last question! For a while at least. Is the TECEP the only option for Negotiations 401? Thanks so much.
gremlinbrawler Wrote:Last question! For a while at least. Is the TECEP the only option for Negotiations 401? Thanks so much.

CSU-Global has a couple like that (Conflict Management & Negotiation, and Communication Conflict & Persuasion) . Sophia has Conflict Resolution, but it's LL.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:CSU-Global has a couple like that (Conflict Management & Negotiation, and Communication Conflict & Persuasion) . Sophia has Conflict Resolution, but it's LL.

Are the CSU-Global ones UL? So I could probably ask for approval on one of the CSU Global tests? I'm hours and hours away from a TECEP testing center.
gremlinbrawler Wrote:Are the CSU-Global ones UL? So I could probably ask for approval on one of the CSU Global tests? I'm hours and hours away from a TECEP testing center.

TECEP doesn't have testing centers - you take them from home through ProctorU.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:TECEP doesn't have testing centers - you take them from home through ProctorU.

Oh wow that's great news, I thought that they were like the UEXCEL tests which are very far from me. Thank you!
I also recently noticed that this page - BSBA Degree in HR Management/Organizational Management at Thomas Edison State University says I only need 3 Mathematics credits. On my plan I have:
-Quantitative Literacy (MAT 121) - Which I know is a solid requirement - Section A. of my plan - intellectual/practical skills.
-Statistics (STA 211) - In section E. Mathematics
-& Intermediate Algebra (MAT 115) - In section E. Mathematics

So I absolutely hate math - Are all of these completely necessary? I know that the Quantitative Literacy is non-negotiable but can that count as my 3 math credits if I add another free elective to my intellectual practical skills section?

And do I need 6 math credits for some reason or do you think they may have changed this since the time that you made my plan? It seems to say on the page that I only need 3 unless I'm looking at the wrong page or something.

If the Quantitative Literacy is not allowed to count as my math credits then can I just take Statistics OR Algebra as my math requirement and add other free elective of something else?
I also just realized that perhaps you put 6 math credits on my plan because I never specified that I wanted as few math courses as possible.

Sorry if I'm missing something! I'm trying to get better at understanding the degree requirements but it all gets quite confusing. Thanks!
From the page you linked to:

College Algebra or Quantitative Business Analysis within Intellectual and Practical Skills section of General Education requirements.
(3)
Statistics within Math section of General Education requirements.

(So you need both algebra and stats)
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:From the page you linked to:

College Algebra or Quantitative Business Analysis within Intellectual and Practical Skills section of General Education requirements.
(3)
Statistics within Math section of General Education requirements.

(So you need both algebra and stats)

Does this mean I can do Quantitative Business Analysis And Statistics? OR - Intermediate Algebra and Statistics?
So two math courses instead of 3? My plan currently has Quantitative Analysis, Statistics, and Intermediate Algebra
I know Quantitative Literacy is technically Algebra so this is kind of confusing but I only need ONE Algebra course and the statistics to equal two math courses total correct?
If you go down to the bottom of the page, it lists additional requirements to the degree (which, honestly, it should just list up the top section somehow).

College Algebra and Stats are requirements for the BSBA degree, although not "requirements" for Gen Ed. But since they fit into Gen Ed areas, that's where they end up. Previously, Macro- and Microeconomics were also degree requirements that were not Gen Ed requirements - but that's where they ended up. Now, they've changed the degree to include those Econ courses in the actual degree requirements. It really would make more sense to put College Algebra and Stats in the degree requirements, and get rid of the Quantitative Analysis and Math requirements for the degree entirely, and make Gen Ed 54cr.

Anyway, ultimately, you need both of those courses, and they will fulfill the Quantitative Analysis and Mathematics sections. There is no getting around this (and at COSC and EC, you have those same requirements - although at EC, you need Precalc, so actually harder to get this requirement done for non-math people).

At TESU, if you fulfill a requirement with a course, you can't "double-dip," meaning you can't also use that course to fulfill another requirement. COSC does let you double-dip.
dfrecore Wrote:If you go down to the bottom of the page, it lists additional requirements to the degree (which, honestly, it should just list up the top section somehow).

College Algebra and Stats are requirements for the BSBA degree, although not "requirements" for Gen Ed. But since they fit into Gen Ed areas, that's where they end up. Previously, Macro- and Microeconomics were also degree requirements that were not Gen Ed requirements - but that's where they ended up. Now, they've changed the degree to include those Econ courses in the actual degree requirements. It really would make more sense to put College Algebra and Stats in the degree requirements, and get rid of the Quantitative Analysis and Math requirements for the degree entirely, and make Gen Ed 54cr.

Anyway, ultimately, you need both of those courses, and they will fulfill the Quantitative Analysis and Mathematics sections. There is no getting around this (and at COSC and EC, you have those same requirements - although at EC, you need Precalc, so actually harder to get this requirement done for non-math people).

At TESU, if you fulfill a requirement with a course, you can't "double-dip," meaning you can't also use that course to fulfill another requirement. COSC does let you double-dip.

Okay thank you that makes more sense. So you're saying that Intermediate Algebra (MAT 115) DOES fulfill the Quantitative Analysis section and the Statistics fulfills the Mathematics section? So I don't need Quantitative Analysis AND Intermediate Algebra?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 380 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,677 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,794 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,395 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,809 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Equivalents for Old SNHU Gen Ed Courses Spalmer 6 537 02-11-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Spalmer
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 308 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM