Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA Plan help
(03-25-2022, 07:31 AM)Ins0mnia Wrote: Thanks to all for the valuable advise, with your comments it has made it easier for me to outline a general plan.
I will share it with you and please feel free to share your thoughts on how it can be improved.

1) I've requested by foreign transcripts. Unfortunatelly they will take arround 40 days to get prepared + additional translation time.
My plan is that once I have them ready to them to ECE and WES. This way I can see how to maximize those credits either through EC or UMPI. The only downside with this will be the double expense of the foreign transcript evaluation but I am willing to do it.

2) I've signed up for Sophia and SDC. My idea is to progress as much as possible with the following classes before the transcripts arrive:
-College Algebra
-Microeconomics
-Macroeconomics
-Statistics
-Business Ethics
+ other classes that would for the BSB, BPS, BLS, degrees.

3) Plan for the ACTFL, OPIC and WPT Exams for the Humanities credits. This option is great.

I believe that with this approach I will be able to reach the 90 CR for UMPI and/or 90+ credits with EC but unfortunatelly I have no way of knowing how much credits I can reuse until the evaluations come through.

OPIc and WPT are ACTFL exams, administered through LTI.  I know all of those acronyms make it confusing.

I'm probably not going to take the WPT exam, and stick to OPIc until you make a decision on which school - I'm not sure UMPI will give you the max credit for those, so don't waste the money if you don't need to.

Since you need a lot of GE, I would start with those on Sophia:
Intro to Soc or Intro to Psych (or both)
US History I or II
Environmental Science

And I'm going to do my math via ALEKS, in case you need the Business Stats course - so do College Algebra and Business Statistics there (only $20/mo).

I'm guessing it will take 40 days to get through all of those, but if you have extra time on Sophia, continue doing courses while you can.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I would go with the WPT exam, personally. It's cheaper (I think) and you don't have to worry about the computer understanding you, as you do with the OPIc exam.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@Ins0mnia, What's your end goal, admissions to a local Masters degree in Argentina? Do you have a specific budget? I suggest Excelsior for max transfer, TESU for ACBSP secondary/programmatic accreditation, UMPI for cost, ease, and speed to finish.

Basically the Sophia.org/Study.com combo is a very good option to complete up to 3 years of a 4 year degree, the final year would depend on the institution you choose. I suggest applying to all 3, Excelsior, TESU, UMPI and see if taking alternative credit options are better for you or competency based.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-25-2022, 10:04 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I would go with the WPT exam, personally. It's cheaper (I think) and you don't have to worry about the computer understanding you, as you do with the OPIc exam.

The WPT exam is the written one, it's the same price as the OPIc, and is MUCH harder.  I've talked to a couple of people who have taken all 4 exams, and obviously the RPT and LPT are much easier (and only worth LL credit), the OPIc/OPI is the easiest for those who are fluent, and the WPT is by far the hardest.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-25-2022, 03:27 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-25-2022, 07:31 AM)Ins0mnia Wrote: Thanks to all for the valuable advise, with your comments it has made it easier for me to outline a general plan.
I will share it with you and please feel free to share your thoughts on how it can be improved.

1) I've requested by foreign transcripts. Unfortunatelly they will take arround 40 days to get prepared + additional translation time.
My plan is that once I have them ready to them to ECE and WES. This way I can see how to maximize those credits either through EC or UMPI. The only downside with this will be the double expense of the foreign transcript evaluation but I am willing to do it.

2) I've signed up for Sophia and SDC. My idea is to progress as much as possible with the following classes before the transcripts arrive:
-College Algebra
-Microeconomics
-Macroeconomics
-Statistics
-Business Ethics
+ other classes that would for the BSB, BPS, BLS, degrees.

3) Plan for the ACTFL, OPIC and WPT Exams for the Humanities credits. This option is great.

I believe that with this approach I will be able to reach the 90 CR for UMPI and/or 90+ credits with EC but unfortunatelly I have no way of knowing how much credits I can reuse until the evaluations come through.

OPIc and WPT are ACTFL exams, administered through LTI.  I know all of those acronyms make it confusing.

I'm probably not going to take the WPT exam, and stick to OPIc until you make a decision on which school - I'm not sure UMPI will give you the max credit for those, so don't waste the money if you don't need to.

Since you need a lot of GE, I would start with those on Sophia:
Intro to Soc or Intro to Psych (or both)
US History I or II
Environmental Science

And I'm going to do my math via ALEKS, in case you need the Business Stats course - so do College Algebra and Business Statistics there (only $20/mo).

I'm guessing it will take 40 days to get through all of those, but if you have extra time on Sophia, continue doing courses while you can.

Thanks I have now started my plan making these GE in Sophia and will look into Aleks.
I hope Aleks is not that complicated since math is not my strong suit.

(03-25-2022, 10:04 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I would go with the WPT exam, personally. It's cheaper (I think) and you don't have to worry about the computer understanding you, as you do with the OPIc exam.

Thanks for the suggestion I will definitelly look into it.

(03-26-2022, 12:11 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @Ins0mnia, What's your end goal, admissions to a local Masters degree in Argentina? Do you have a specific budget? I suggest Excelsior for max transfer, TESU for ACBSP secondary/programmatic accreditation, UMPI for cost, ease, and speed to finish.

Basically the Sophia.org/Study.com combo is a very good option to complete up to 3 years of a 4 year degree, the final year would depend on the institution you choose. I suggest applying to all 3, Excelsior, TESU, UMPI and see if taking alternative credit options are better for you or competency based.

My first goal is to be fit for a job position that I was offered that requieres me to have a degree, afterwards will follow through with a masters degree for sure.
I do not have a specific budget, I am willing to invest what is needed in terms of money and time to get this as fast as possible.
The idea to apply also to TESU is also very good. Based on my research I can use the same foreign course evaluation that I would use for EC or UMPI.

(03-26-2022, 09:28 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

The WPT exam is the written one, it's the same price as the OPIc, and is MUCH harder.  I've talked to a couple of people who have taken all 4 exams, and obviously the RPT and LPT are much easier (and only worth LL credit), the OPIc/OPI is the easiest for those who are fluent, and the WPT is by far the hardest.

What does LL credit mean?
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Common_Terms
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Hi all,

I would like to give some updates regarding this plan.
After thinking a lot I've decided to move forward with Excelsior and I am almost completing the Cornerstone course while my transcripts are being translated.
Using Sophia I have already completed the following courses:

-College Algebra. 3
-English Composition I. 3
-Introduction to Sociology. 3
-Microeconomics. 3
-Macroeconomics. 3

Total credits:12
Planning to continue in Sophia with to complete my Ged credits:

-Introduction to Statistics. 3
-English Composition 2. 3
-Public Speaking. 3
-Introduction to Psychology. 3
-Conflict Resolution. 3
Still pending credits: 15

Now I am planning to take some additional tests to speed up with the areas that I know my transfer credits will not help. So I wanted to ask which tests do you recommend for the following area: Upper Level Arts and Science (9 credits needed)?
(06-13-2022, 08:35 AM)Ins0mnia Wrote: Hi all,

After thinking a lot I've decided to move forward with Excelsior and I am almost completing the Cornerstone course while my transcripts are being translated.

-College Algebra. 3
-Microeconomics. 3
-Macroeconomics. 3

-English Composition 2.  3
-Public Speaking.  3
-Conflict Resolution. 3

Now I am planning to take some additional tests to speed up with the areas that I know my transfer credits will not help. So I wanted to ask which tests do you recommend for the following area: Upper Level Arts and Science (9 credits needed)?

The EC BSB does not require 9cr of UL A&S - they require 21cr of UL, all in the major.  Two of the requirements:
1) Org Behavior (UL), which you can get with SDC's BUS 307: Leadership and Organizational Behavior
2) Quantitative Business Analysis (UL), which you can get with a UExcel exam; caveat, you must REGISTER FOR THIS EXAM BY 6/30, AND TAKE IT BY 8/21!!!

After that, you will have to take a course for it (either at EC for $1500, or you can look for another school that offers it for less).  Coopersmith has MAT-303: Quantitative Analysis but I don't think EC accepts it for this requirement.
(06-13-2022, 11:06 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-13-2022, 08:35 AM)Ins0mnia Wrote: Hi all,

-College Algebra. 3
-Microeconomics. 3
-Macroeconomics. 3

-English Composition 2.  3
-Public Speaking.  3
-Conflict Resolution. 3

The EC BSB does not require 9cr of UL A&S - they require 21cr of UL, all in the major.  Two of the requirements:
1) Org Behavior (UL), which you can get with SDC's BUS 307: Leadership and Organizational Behavior
2) Quantitative Business Analysis (UL), which you can get with a UExcel exam; caveat, you must REGISTER FOR THIS EXAM BY 6/30, AND TAKE IT BY 8/21!!!

After that, you will have to take a course for it (either at EC for $1500, or you can look for another school that offers it for less).  Coopersmith has MAT-303: Quantitative Analysis but I don't think EC accepts it for this requirement.

Thanks I will register for the Quantitative Business Analysis test and for SDC BUS 307.
Any other suggestions are more then welcome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 581 Today, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 1,896 Today, 12:31 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 198 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 184 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 4 522 04-16-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Mems88
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 9 350 04-07-2024, 10:32 PM
  Review my plan for UMPI Psychology Major & Educational Studies Minor - Please :) RachelB 11 1,069 04-07-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Need some advice on my plan jobojoe285 3 212 03-29-2024, 09:16 PM
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 482 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 527 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM