Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA and BS at TESU
If you wanted to pair a BSBA with another degree that is a BS at the same time, apparently it is a dual area of study and not a second degree. Or at least that's what TESU told me over the phone. Interesting.

And you would still have to take two capstones.
But how about just completing extra credits for a second area of study? I am pursuing BA-Psych., but if I chose to earn 24 extra credits in General Management, Would that still require another capstone? Apparently, according to one of the discussions on this forum, a dual area of study within the same degree does not require an additional capstone.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(11-26-2018, 04:06 PM)Supermind Wrote: But how about just completing extra credits for a second area of study? I am pursuing BA-Psych., but if I chose to earn 24 extra credits in General Management, Would that still require another capstone? Apparently, according to one of the discussions on this forum, a dual area of study within the same degree does not require an additional capstone.

The issue is that the BSBA Capstone is unique to the BSBA. If you do two of the BSBA specializations or two BA degrees, you don't need two capstones...the one capstone fulfills both AOS. However, the other BS degrees use a different capstone and so you have to do both in order to meet the degree requirements.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(11-26-2018, 04:06 PM)Supermind Wrote: But how about just completing extra credits for a second area of study? I am pursuing BA-Psych., but if I chose to earn 24 extra credits in General Management, Would that still require another capstone? Apparently, according to one of the discussions on this forum, a dual area of study within the same degree does not require an additional capstone.

BA psych and BSBA use 2 completely different capstone courses, so you'd have to do them both to complete the degree requirements for both degrees. If you did 2 AOS within BSBA, you'd only do one capstone since they'd both use the same capstone course.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
I'm just saying what I was told over the phone not saying it is accurate.
(11-26-2018, 04:21 PM)natshar Wrote: I'm just saying what I was told over the phone not saying it is accurate.

I think they are just clarifying. You have to meet the requirements of each degree, so if they have different capstones you have to take both. If they share a capstone, you don't have to take the same capstone twice.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
There are a few AOS options for the BSBA, and several BS degrees (they were BSAST's), they have a BS Data Analytics as well that's in partnership with Statistics.com - I think the person on the phone may have it incorrect, it's not a second AOS, but a second degree and you do need to take a second capstone as the BS/BA/BSBA and other select degrees all have different capstones.

BSBA Capstone: https://www2.tesu.edu/course.php?CourseCode=BUS-421&sem
BA Capstone: https://www2.tesu.edu/course.php?CourseCode=LIB-495&sem
BS (the new name for BSAST's) Capstone: https://www2.tesu.edu/course.php?CourseCode=APS-401&sem=

There are a few more degrees that have their own Capstone
See this link: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/undergrad-degrees
Examples: BSOL, BSPS, BSHS, BSHIM, BS Cybersecurity, BSHSEM

Now if you are doing a double AOS/Major/concentration, such as a BA Comp Sci/Math, then one capstone is enough. The same goes for a double AOS for the BSBA, one capstone is required for this type of dual AOS BSBA degree as well.

However, if you are needing a BA in Comp Sci, and a BS in Tech Studies, then you will need two capstones.  The same will apply when you want a BSBA and a BA, or a BSBA and a BS Tech Studies, or a BS Cyber and a BSPS - two capstones required.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I would instead recommend that you get an undergrad certificate in place of a 2nd degree with a 2nd capstone, if one is available. If you get a BALS, for instance, you can get several different business-related certificates, and if you get a BSBA, there are non-business-related certificates available. This is a much cheaper, easier option.

BTW - there are multiple AS/AAS degrees that would require a capstone, that make them unpalatable for someone getting a BA/BS degree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,345 Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 529 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 456 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 480 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,234 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 376 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 279 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27