Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA general management courses
Hi all,
My wife is trying to finish up a BSBA degree through TESU. She has all the general business courses completed, but now needs to complete the 18 hours of the general management concentration.  I want to ask what is the easiest path for these courses. I think were going to go study.com. Are there classes that are easier than others? Or if there are other alternatives I would appreciate the input. She has worked in Business for a long time, and is just looking to finish the degree as fast as possible. Thank You!
I think there is a degree plan available w/ the correct courses... You need to check the number of upper and lower credit needed. At Study lower mostly is just quizzes and one exam, and upper quizzes, exam and paper(s).
I personally wouldn't choose the General Management concentration, as I think it's harder to complete (you have to do 3 out of 4 areas, which means less overlap). I'd do one of the others that's easily available. But that's me.

And I would do Study.com, I think that's the easiest way to get 6 courses in with all those UL, and lots of overlap.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Study.com has assignments due with all upper level business courses I’ve seen and completed for the BSBA in Gen Management that I’m also working on.
I personally went with 2 classes at Straighterline, Financial Accounting and Managerial accounting. Financial ends up as ACC-201 and Managerial ends up as ACC-303. Straighterline has awesome coupon codes occasionally, might be worth looking in to.
From study.com I have taken Consumer Behavior MAR-351, Advanced Operations Management OPM-301, and Small Business Management MAN-432. I am a retail manager, so these made sense and were familiar territory for me.
These satisfied accounting, management, and marketing areas.
According to my evaluation (I’ll be locked in to 2019-2020), only 12 upper level credits are needed in the area of study, despite 18 seemingly showing up everywhere else. 3 come from the capstone course, making the minimum amount of upper level courses overall 15 credits.
If I had needed more, I would have taken Project Management, which is upper level. I might still take it for fun. The assignment for it is a PowerPoint presentation and wouldn’t feel as long as a 3,000 word paper.
If she’s taken several business courses through SDC, she’s likely already completed some of the lessons in her upcoming courses. It makes it go by faster. I also would stick with a subject area, for example, take the marketing courses right after one another, so marketing topics were fresh on my mind.
I don’t think any of the classes were “easy”, even coming from a background of marketing and management. They have all been challenging. Instead, I looked for speed.
TESU BSBA Gen Mgmt - In progress
Straighterline - 72 credits
Sophia - 35 credits
Study.com - 21 credits
TEEX - 6 credits
East MS CC, Jackson State CC, Univ of TN at Martin, Olivet Nazarene, TESU - 27 credits
Goal: teaching cert, state of GA
Any idea which courses would satisfy the BSBA for TESU with minimal papers due? I am just wrapping up all my Gen Ed credits and about to did into the Business Core and AOS.

I am going for general management but am open to others if the path is easier.
Project Management from Sophia I heard works for the general management LL course.

So then you just need one more LL course and 4 UL ones.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Operations Management Cert Add-on Dosada 2 140 03-26-2024, 05:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 230 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 362 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,757 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Taking Math Courses at TESU legenwait4itdary 5 512 02-02-2024, 12:32 PM
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 772 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  BSBA/BS-CIS? Jwheels27 14 1,299 10-23-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Is CIS still a BSBA or it´s now a different degree? MrPanda 28 2,363 10-21-2023, 03:48 PM
  BSBA Accounting 2nd Degree at TESU. mog538 10 1,144 10-06-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Managerial Accounting for TESU BSBA Entrepreneurship schlocker 3 501 09-21-2023, 03:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az