Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA in Human Resources/Organizational Management
Hey all,

So I finally convince my wife to go for her Bachelors. She has an AA. She is interested in the BSBA in HR. I want to ask all you wizards if there is a test out path for said degree.

Thanks,
Congrats for your wife! The people who do the plans are going to ask you for a list of all courses taken (with course #s), how many credits and from where and when.

Also, do you have a school she is leaning towards?

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
(12-28-2019, 10:58 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: Congrats for your wife!  The people who do the plans are going to ask you for a list of all courses taken (with course #s), how many credits and from where and when.

I go to TESU so she wants join the same school.

So here are her current credits:

From a Community College

Engl Comp 1
Engl Comp 2
Speech/business and professional communication
College Algebra
Biology 1408 with lab
Geology 1403 with lab
US Govt 2305
US Govt 2306
US History 1301
US History 1302
Health and Wellness
Art (Dance) 2302

International Education (has been evaluated by one of the international academic evaluators) and this is what was awarded by the CC where she obtained an Associates of Arts

Psychology 2301---------------3 credits
Psychology 2314---------------3 credits
Primary education------------6 credits
Philosophy 1301---------------3 credits
Philosophy 2301 --------------3 credits
German Language-------------3 credits
Principles of computer science---3 credits

Please assist with a test out path
Yes, that degree is able to be done through alternative credit/test-out.

Please put the names of the courses on here, otherwise I have no idea what "psych 2301" is. You should also include the # of credits received. I can do a degree plan for her if I have more info.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • suzycupcake
(12-28-2019, 11:50 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 10:58 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: Congrats for your wife!  The people who do the plans are going to ask you for a list of all courses taken (with course #s), how many credits and from where and when.

I go to TESU so she wants join the same school.

So here are her current credits:

International Education (has been evaluated by one of the international academic evaluators) and this is what was awarded by the CC where she obtained an Associates of Arts

Psychology 2301---------------3 credits
Psychology 2314---------------3 credits
Primary education------------6 credits
Philosophy 1301---------------3 credits
Philosophy 2301 --------------3 credits
German Language-------------3 credits
Principles of computer science---3 credits

Please assist with a test out path

(12-29-2019, 01:30 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Yes, that degree is able to be done through alternative credit/test-out.

Please put the names of the courses on here, otherwise I have no idea what "psych 2301" is.  You should also include the # of credits received.  I can do a degree plan for her if I have more info.

Thanks,

Here is her US Community College Classes

From a Community College----------------------------------------credits ----------------level 
Engl Comp 1-----------------------------------------------------------3 ----------------------LL
Engl Comp 2-----------------------------------------------------------3 ----------------------LL
Speech/business and professional communication---------------3 ---------------------LL
College Algebra---------------------------------------------------------3 --------------------LL
Biology 1408 with lab--------------------------------------------------4 -------------------LL
Geology 1403 with lab--------------------------------------------------4 -------------------LL
US Govt 2305 (Fed)-----------------------------------------------------3 -------------------LL
Govt 2306 (state Govt)-------------------------------------------------3 -------------------LL
US History 1301---------------------------------------------------------3 -------------------LL
US History 1302---------------------------------------------------------3 -------------------LL
Health and Wellness---------------------------------------------------3---------------------LL
Art (Dance) 2302-------------------------------------------------------3---------------------LL

Foreign University which has been evaluated in the US and this are the results/equivalency

Principles of philosophy-----------------------------------------------3-----------------------LL----------received PHIL credit by her CC
Logic---------------------------------------------------------------------3-----------------------LL----received Principles of Reasoning credit
Hygiene------------------------------------------------------------------3-----------------------LL----not sure what this is
German Language -----------------------------------------------------3----------------------LL----------Received language credit by her CC 
Sociology of Education-------------------------------------------------3---------------------LL----------Received Sociology credit be her CC
Defendology-------------------------------------------------------------3----------------------LL------not sure what this is
General Psychology-----------------------------------------------------3---------------------LL-----------received Psychology credit by her CC 
Family Pedagogy--------------------------------------------------------3----------------------LL---------received education credit by her CC 
Principles of Computer Science---------------------------------------3-----------------------LL----------received Info Systems credit by her CC 
Developmental Psychology--------------------------------------------3-----------------------LL----------received Psychology credit by her CC
Pedagogic Psychology--------------------------------------------------3----------------------LL--------received Psychology credit 
Preschool Pedagogy---------------------------------------------------3-----------------------LL----received early childhood education credit by CC

Thanks for helping us put together a test out path.
(12-29-2019, 07:19 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote: Here is her US Community College Classes

From a Community College----------------------------------------credits ----------------level 
Engl Comp 1-----------------------------------------------------------3 ----------------------LL
Engl Comp 2-----------------------------------------------------------3 ----------------------LL
Speech/business and professional communication---------------3 ---------------------LL
College Algebra---------------------------------------------------------3 --------------------LL
Biology 1408 with lab--------------------------------------------------4 -------------------LL
Geology 1403 with lab--------------------------------------------------4 -------------------LL
US Govt 2305 (Fed)-----------------------------------------------------3 -------------------LL
Govt 2306 (state Govt)-------------------------------------------------3 -------------------LL
US History 1301---------------------------------------------------------3 -------------------LL
US History 1302---------------------------------------------------------3 -------------------LL
Health and Wellness---------------------------------------------------3---------------------LL
Art (Dance) 2302-------------------------------------------------------3---------------------LL

Foreign University which has been evaluated in the US and this are the results/equivalency

Principles of philosophy-----------------------------------------------3-----------------------LL----------received PHIL credit by her CC
Logic---------------------------------------------------------------------3-----------------------LL----received Principles of Reasoning credit
Hygiene------------------------------------------------------------------3-----------------------LL----not sure what this is
German Language -----------------------------------------------------3----------------------LL----------Received language credit by her CC 
Sociology of Education-------------------------------------------------3---------------------LL----------Received Sociology credit be her CC
Defendology-------------------------------------------------------------3----------------------LL------not sure what this is
General Psychology-----------------------------------------------------3---------------------LL-----------received Psychology credit by her CC 
Family Pedagogy--------------------------------------------------------3----------------------LL---------received education credit by her CC 
Principles of Computer Science---------------------------------------3-----------------------LL----------received Info Systems credit by her CC 
Developmental Psychology--------------------------------------------3-----------------------LL----------received Psychology credit by her CC
Pedagogic Psychology--------------------------------------------------3----------------------LL--------received Psychology credit 
Preschool Pedagogy---------------------------------------------------3-----------------------LL----received early childhood education credit by CC

Quick notes: 1) things got switched around a bit, not sure if the top matches the bottom, but I don't think it matters; 2) it's normally easiest to put it in a standard format: course #, course name, number of credits; and 3) it doesn't matter what one school counts things as, as another school may call it something different.

Anyway, I did a degree plan for TESU.  It looks like the Business & Professional Communication course will count in the business core rather than the speech area; we shall see what TESU counts it as.  I also did a degree plan for COSC, since it's going to be cheaper, and they have a concentration in HR.

TESU will be $5422 for 6cr and and all the fees, plus the cost of 22 courses.
COSC will be $2848 for 6cr and all fees, plus the cost of 21 courses.

I personally would go with COSC, unless there is some reason she needs ACBSP-accreditation (most people don't).

Attached Files
.pdf   Mitmike2019 TESU BSBA.pdf (Size: 82.47 KB / Downloads: 42)
.pdf   Mitmike2019 COSC BSBA.pdf (Size: 89.85 KB / Downloads: 30)
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • suzycupcake
(12-30-2019, 05:16 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 07:19 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote: Here is her US Community College Classes

Quick notes: 1) things got switched around a bit, not sure if the top matches the bottom, but I don't think it matters; 2) it's normally easiest to put it in a standard format: course #, course name, number of credits; and 3) it doesn't matter what one school counts things as, as another school may call it something different.

Anyway, I did a degree plan for TESU.  It looks like the Business & Professional Communication course will count in the business core rather than the speech area; we shall see what TESU counts it as.  I also did a degree plan for COSC, since it's going to be cheaper, and they have a concentration in HR.

TESU will be $5422 for 6cr and and all the fees, plus the cost of 22 courses.
COSC will be $2848 for 6cr and all fees, plus the cost of 21 courses.

I personally would go with COSC, unless there is some reason she needs ACBSP-accreditation (most people don't).

This is great; thank you very much. She will go with TESU because it requires less upper level......
(12-30-2019, 08:50 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 05:16 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I personally would go with COSC, unless there is some reason she needs ACBSP-accreditation (most people don't).

This is great; thank you very much. She will go with TESU because it requires less upper level......

Honestly, trading 6 UL for 7 LL courses is NOT the end of the world.  Really, it's not.  Lots of the UL courses are much shorter than the LL courses.  And for the cost savings of $2,574, I think it's worth it.

But to each his own I suppose.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Operations Management Cert Add-on Dosada 2 189 03-26-2024, 05:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 497 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,994 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 870 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  BS Organizational Leadership Ared97 6 517 10-24-2023, 10:47 PM
  BSBA/BS-CIS? Jwheels27 14 1,348 10-23-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Is CIS still a BSBA or it´s now a different degree? MrPanda 28 2,416 10-21-2023, 03:48 PM
  BSBA Accounting 2nd Degree at TESU. mog538 10 1,172 10-06-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Managerial Accounting for TESU BSBA Entrepreneurship schlocker 3 512 09-21-2023, 03:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BACS/BSBA CIS - Transferring Credits MortySanchez 12 1,357 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM