Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BUS 421 Capstone - All Done
So 12 weeks of Business 421 Capstone finally came to an end and I'm so happy with my overall score. I got a B+, just one point away from an  "A". It was a great course with lots and lots of writing, but it's all done. In three weeks my SOS-110 will be done and Kaboom.. Graduating in June  Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Mitmike2019's post:
  • akr680, mudball, Muldoon, TwinMom
(04-07-2020, 04:37 PM)Mitmike2019 Wrote: So 12 weeks of Business 421 Capstone finally came to an end and I'm so happy with my overall score. I got a B+, just one point away from an  "A". It was a great course with lots and lots of writing, but it's all done. In three weeks my SOS-110 will be done and Kaboom.. Graduating in June  Big Grin

Congrats!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

Kaboom! You're done! Good job finishing that course, the Cornerstone should be easy for you to wrap up the degree with!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Congrats! As someone who will be taking the BUS capstone in the next few months, can you offer any feedback or suggestions? Thank you!
Current Course(s): Business Administration Capstone BUS-421 (TESU)

AMU (9); CSM (3); CLEP (15); DSST (3); InstantCert (15); Institutes (3)Military (51); Sophia (6); Straighterline (15); Study.com (6); Thomas Edison State University (3); University of Alaska (12)
(04-08-2020, 08:59 AM)Not_a_robot_101 Wrote: Congrats! As someone who will be taking the BUS capstone in the next few months, can you offer any feedback or suggestions? Thank you!

Having recently (last year) completed the BSBA capstone at TESU, here is the course breakdown and a few tips.

1.  7 business case studies (1000-1100 words per case study, all APA style) account for 35% of the final grade. 
2.  The midterm (10 questions plus 4 written essays during the proctored exam, timed) account for 25% of the final grade. The essay questions are all related to the textbook and the midterm instructions provide some guidance in the chapters for possible essays.
3.  Final paper (3500 to 5000 words, all APA style) account for 20% of the final grade.
4.  Weekly discussions (12 total), (each post is usually around 250-400 words and follow up comments from other posters, all APA style) account for 15% of the final grade.
5.  ETS profile test, account for 5% of the final grade.

Tips.

1. Complete all your alt credit courses BEFORE starting the BUS capstone.

2. Programs.
a. MS Word - writing the case studies, discussions, etc.
b. Grammarly (paid version) - corrects grammar, improves the overall writing style (academic level), and it reviews for possible or mistaken plagiarism.
c. Hemingway App - its a free website tool that reviews your writing style.
d. EasyBib (paid version) - APA style generator - saved many hours putting together a APA style format. Also, the professor required in-text citations for everything. The program will auto create in-text citations as well. another plus, it reviews for possible or mistaken plagiarism.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HogwartsSchool's post:
  • akr680
(04-07-2020, 06:24 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Kaboom! You're done! Good job finishing that course, the Cornerstone should be easy for you to wrap up the degree with!

The Cornerstone is pretty much in the books. I already submitted all my coursework; just the last discussion forum needs grading and that should be the end of it....

It's time to say THANKS to this forum, your support, advice, guidance has been real and because of you, soon I will be getting not one but two Bachelor degrees and a couple of associates to fill my mancave walls.

My Journey started back in September 2019, I had about 65 credits and several IT certs. In this forum is where I learned about the Big-3 and the institutions where I could obtain alternative credit (SL, SDC etc). I followed most if not all the suggestions from this forum specially from "bjcheung77"....dude you rock.....I took advantage of every discount from SDC and SL and 8 months later, KABOOOOM, ready to call myself a college graduate...........Forever Thankful

P.S. My wife is following my steps, when she has a question, I always go to you guys and gals.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mitmike2019's post:
  • akr680, Muldoon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 361 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,326 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,041 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,144 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Capstone project Done gams007 5 878 05-02-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: gams007
  I need help with Kaltura for the capstone oral presentation mcquacks2 3 662 04-02-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  TESU transfering alt credits after doing capstone or during? CanICode 5 875 03-09-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone disney_day_dreamer 12 1,975 02-21-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Anyone willing to share their capstone experience/sample? Amberlinjeanne 9 1,657 12-13-2022, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Amberlinjeanne