Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BUS-421 Midterm
Hello all,

Does anyone know if the two guides that Merlin created in Quizlet still work for the BUS-421 midterm. I have attached the study guide that TESU has provided showing the key concepts required for the exam.

I always get stressed out before big tests and this one is no different. Well, I guess this one is a little different. It's the midterm, so I have to pass it to pass the class.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
OldManOfTheSea

Attached Files
.docx   Midterm Exam Study Guide.docx (Size: 9.91 KB / Downloads: 26)
[-] The following 1 user Likes OldManOfTheSea's post:
  • Dorothy44
(06-07-2021, 02:17 PM)OldManOfTheSea Wrote: Hello all,

Does anyone know if the two guides that Merlin created in Quizlet still work for the BUS-421 midterm. I have attached the study guide that TESU has provided showing the key concepts required for the exam.

I always get stressed out before big tests and this one is no different. Well, I guess this one is a little different. It's the midterm, so I have to pass it to pass the class.

Thank you,
OldManOfTheSea

they did as of a few months ago.

quite helpful
DBA Student at South College starting in October 2022, Target finish date May 2024

Certificate for the Study of Capitalism at University of Arkansas finished July 2022

MBA with Hellenic American University started March 29th, 2021 , finished May 20th 2022, Graduated in June 2022

BSBA at Thomas Edison State University started May 21st 2020 with Sophia and SDC, finished Jan 24th, 2021, Graduated on 12 March of 2021

Total time to complete both degrees 2 years exactly, total cost just a small bit over $10,000

Thanks Degreeforum!
[-] The following 1 user Likes cerich67's post:
  • Dorothy44
I took it two weeks ago. I didn't know about the quiz let source but the TESU guide was very helpful, especially for the essays, which there are quite a few.

I crammed the night before by re-highlighting the text and I could've done better on the essays. I think my mentor caught on that I was BS'ng through a couple of the essays with "blah blah blah, buzzword" type answers lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes bigrivergroup's post:
  • Dorothy44
May I tag on this topic with a discussion post question for the same course? One person gave a Bibliography/references for his response to the discussion questions. I know the professor provides links to the articles he wants you to read. So, should a reference page be necessary?
I always cited my sources in my discussion posts. Was it necessary? I don't know.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • Dorothy44
(06-07-2021, 08:12 PM)Flelm Wrote: I always cited my sources in my discussion posts. Was it necessary? I don't know.

Thank you!!  I thought so, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't over-thinking it.
(06-07-2021, 08:12 PM)Flelm Wrote: I always cited my sources in my discussion posts. Was it necessary? I don't know.

Someone said on the DF forums that my professor wanted citations in the forums so I always included at least 2 citations.  I'm not sure if it was necessary, I was just being careful.  Ask in mentor forum or PM your professor if you need to know for sure.

For the assignments, my professor stated that the citations were expected to be 7-10 total.  I never used TESU's databases such as Proquest, I just use common sources you could google such as Forbes, company websites, etc & they also let you cite the coursebook.

https://www.citationmachine.net/ I used to auto-format the citations.  There are lots of similar tools on the web.

Check out Purdue Writing Lab for writing/apa help as this source is what TESU gives you to go by:
https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_...ormat.html

Be sure to do hanging APA indents as shown in this example APA student paper:
https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_...0Paper.pdf

Thank you,
OldManOfTheSea

This Quizlet guide created for DF forum member posabsolute is SOLID GOLD
https://quizlet.com/class/6030432/

Pay close attention to the 22 terms in the Quizlet midterm study guide as it seems around 1/2 of the questions on the test came from it.  Know it like the back of your hand and be ready to explain the terms in an essay.

The midterm is 10 multiple-choice questions (20% grade) and 4 essay questions (80% grade).  The essay questions are what make this test stressful because if you don't know what it's talking about, then it's impossible to answer correctly.

I only spent 7 hours studying for the midterm and paid the price by scoring a low B because one of the essay questions I had no clue how to answer.  I would suggest a bare minimum of 10hrs to study up to 20hrs max.  Practice writing a few essays completing them in 15min or less.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Dorothy44
Thank you again LevelUP.  Extremely Helpful!!

(06-08-2021, 12:13 AM)LevelUP Wrote:

Someone said on the DF forums that my professor wanted citations in the forums so I always included at least 2 citations.  I'm not sure if it was necessary, I was just being careful.  Ask in mentor forum or PM your professor if you need to know for sure.

For the assignments, my professor stated that the citations were expected to be 7-10 total.  I never used TESU's databases such as Proquest, I just use common sources you could google such as Forbes, company websites, etc & they also let you cite the coursebook.

https://www.citationmachine.net/ I used to auto-format the citations.  There are lots of similar tools on the web.

Check out Purdue Writing Lab for writing/apa help as this source is what TESU gives you to go by:
https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_...ormat.html

Be sure to do hanging APA indents as shown in this example APA student paper:
https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_...0Paper.pdf

Thank you,
OldManOfTheSea

This Quizlet guide created for DF forum member posabsolute is SOLID GOLD
https://quizlet.com/class/6030432/

Pay close attention to the 22 terms in the Quizlet midterm study guide as it seems around 1/2 of the questions on the test came from it.  Know it like the back of your hand and be ready to explain the terms in an essay.

The midterm is 10 multiple-choice questions (20% grade) and 4 essay questions (80% grade).  The essay questions are what make this test stressful because if you don't know what it's talking about, then it's impossible to answer correctly.

I only spent 7 hours studying for the midterm and paid the price by scoring a low B because one of the essay questions I had no clue how to answer.  I would suggest a bare minimum of 10hrs to study up to 20hrs max.  Practice writing a few essays completing them in 15min or less.
So I take it the Midterm is timed since you said to practice writing quickly?
@Dorothy44 According to the preview available of the syllabus, yes, the midterm for BUS 421 is timed (2 hours)
https://www2.tesu.edu/course.php?CourseCode=BUS-421&sem=
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aoal...92f3vzbw7l
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AOJ 381 Midterm Judgedredd 1 558 10-03-2021, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Judgedredd
  BUS-421 | Midterm exam (proctored, online, Modules 1–4)—25 percent akr680 10 1,340 07-17-2021, 10:44 AM
Last Post: akr680
  Business capstone midterm question Diana321 10 1,761 07-15-2021, 07:09 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Grammarly and Business Capstone Midterm Exam Dorothy44 2 638 07-09-2021, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Dorothy44
  BUS-421 Midterm Dan A Million 5 1,210 06-21-2021, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Echo419
  TESU-LAW 201-Midterm Feedback Needed dodek101 0 579 01-09-2021, 02:01 PM
Last Post: dodek101
  Bus-421 Capstone Midterm and OPM 415 Midterm Ilianasmile 7 1,781 11-13-2020, 01:05 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU study guide vs midterm zebra cow 4 1,212 03-05-2020, 09:56 AM
Last Post: zebra cow
  TESU Capstone Midterm zebra cow 3 1,195 02-26-2020, 07:39 PM
Last Post: lokidog
  Bus 421 Midterm Score Mitmike2019 11 2,422 02-23-2020, 04:51 PM
Last Post: zebra cow