Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bachelor to Masters program at TESU
Was wondering if anyone has taken this route and if it is easier on the wallet and shortens the time to get a Master degree later. Also can three years of volunteering count in the requirement of 3 years in the field. Thanks.
(08-25-2020, 09:54 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: Was wondering if anyone has taken this route and if it is easier on the wallet and shortens the time to get a Master degree later. Also can three years of volunteering count in the requirement of 3 years in the field. Thanks.

I think I looked into that in the past and you end up paying for a bunch of expensive grad courses through TESU. IMO it would be better to just finish your undergrad at TESU(or another big 3) transferring 114 credits in(or whatever the max is) and then apply for one of more affordable competency based programs like WGU and try accelerate through the program 1-2 terms.
Planning to transfer to WGU BSIT DEC 2020    

B&M(22cr): Anat/Phys 1/2 +Labs, Eng Comp 1, Sust. Cities, Orientation Courses, Intro Hlth+Well, Functional Anat/Kin
TESU(4cr): Chem 1 Lab, DC circuits
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training: 85/99cr
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(?cr): Losing track since I signed up for all of them Tongue
Study.com(22cr): Eng 105, Fin 102, His 108, Lib Sci 101, Math 104, Stat 101
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(6cr): Robotics, Cyber
CSM(3cr)
CompTIA: A+
Google IT Support
*Haven't updated courses completed for a while because I've been too busy completing courses
Thanks, I do agree it will be best to just complete the BA and go from there. I have found a few Master Degree options in UK that are very appealing.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using DegreeForum.net mobile app
Bachelors to Masters option is a very interesting subject, this option provides the opportunity of using grad courses towards both the Bachelors and the Masters, plus the option of grad credits at the undergraduate pricing. Technically, it should save the average student energy/money/time as they would need to take less courses for the Masters. It all depends on the students situation...

This is great if you're planning to continue on with TESU at the Masters level, but their Masters are expensive, I would recommend a competency based degree at one of the major providers, Brandman, Purdue, Walden, WGU, etc instead. Some are afraid that these credits can't be used towards a masters at another institution as the courses were used for the Bachelors elsewhere.

To circumvent the issue and for the student interested in a Bachelors to Masters, I would just do a regular Bachelors degree first. Once done, instead of applying for graduation, apply for the Bachelors to Masters, you can then use these grad credits towards residency requirements and grad credits towards another degree elsewhere. Further to this, there are a few grad certs that can completely be done with this method.

In the end, you get a BA/BSBA or degree of your liking and a Grad Cert or Grad Credits at the price of undergrad that can be transferable elsewhere, plus you will no longer be subject to the residency waiver fee. That in itself just saved you 12 grad transfer credits at your next program, be it a competency or traditional online program.
In Progress: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Business & IT Certs: Cisco, CompTIA, 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL, MTA, etc
Coursera Google IT Certs & Udacity Nanodegrees

2019 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review: Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ARhead
Thanks.

Are you referring to the residency fee at the undergrad or graduate level, or both?

Sent from my LG-SP200 using DegreeForum.net mobile app
(08-28-2020, 03:19 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: To circumvent the issue and for the student interested in a Bachelors to Masters, I would just do a regular Bachelors degree first.  Once done, instead of applying for graduation, apply for the Bachelors to Masters, you can then use these grad credits towards residency requirements and grad credits towards another degree elsewhere. 

Now that is an interesting option. Thank you, sir.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  coursera & edX : Masters - I put my applications in! bjcheung77 3 498 11-29-2020, 03:19 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  Masters & PhD programs in Canada Eh? bjcheung77 0 151 11-19-2020, 03:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Looking for a PhD/DBA Program (have multiple graduate degrees) Lifelonglearner2020 5 580 11-04-2020, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Online Masters in Artificial Intelligence - Switzerland bjcheung77 3 367 10-30-2020, 12:54 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  Health Care - Masters from Spain! bjcheung77 10 1,033 10-27-2020, 05:35 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  TESU DBA $40K+ Worth it if you have tuition reimbursement? bjcheung77 2 515 10-19-2020, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Walden half off program GoodYellowDogs 24 2,834 09-30-2020, 01:33 PM
Last Post: warriortaupou
  Help with program and uni choice Sdmj33 26 928 09-28-2020, 11:10 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  Ace credits masters degree Clepking100 5 487 09-21-2020, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Thorne
  Cheapest online masters degree under 12 months Sdmj33 27 1,958 09-20-2020, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sdmj33