Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bachelor to Masters program at TESU
Was wondering if anyone has taken this route and if it is easier on the wallet and shortens the time to get a Master degree later. Also can three years of volunteering count in the requirement of 3 years in the field. Thanks.
(08-25-2020, 09:54 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: Was wondering if anyone has taken this route and if it is easier on the wallet and shortens the time to get a Master degree later. Also can three years of volunteering count in the requirement of 3 years in the field. Thanks.

I think I looked into that in the past and you end up paying for a bunch of expensive grad courses through TESU. IMO it would be better to just finish your undergrad at TESU(or another big 3) transferring 114 credits in(or whatever the max is) and then apply for one of more affordable competency based programs like WGU and try accelerate through the program 1-2 terms.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Thanks, I do agree it will be best to just complete the BA and go from there. I have found a few Master Degree options in UK that are very appealing.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using DegreeForum.net mobile app
Bachelors to Masters option is a very interesting subject, this option provides the opportunity of using grad courses towards both the Bachelors and the Masters, plus the option of grad credits at the undergraduate pricing. Technically, it should save the average student energy/money/time as they would need to take less courses for the Masters. It all depends on the students situation...

This is great if you're planning to continue on with TESU at the Masters level, but their Masters are expensive, I would recommend a competency based degree at one of the major providers, Brandman, Purdue, Walden, WGU, etc instead. Some are afraid that these credits can't be used towards a masters at another institution as the courses were used for the Bachelors elsewhere.

To circumvent the issue and for the student interested in a Bachelors to Masters, I would just do a regular Bachelors degree first. Once done, instead of applying for graduation, apply for the Bachelors to Masters, you can then use these grad credits towards residency requirements and grad credits towards another degree elsewhere. Further to this, there are a few grad certs that can completely be done with this method.

In the end, you get a BA/BSBA or degree of your liking and a Grad Cert or Grad Credits at the price of undergrad that can be transferable elsewhere, plus you will no longer be subject to the residency waiver fee. That in itself just saved you 12 grad transfer credits at your next program, be it a competency or traditional online program.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 4 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • ARhead, Pikachu, Robbiej, schlocker
Thanks.

Are you referring to the residency fee at the undergrad or graduate level, or both?

Sent from my LG-SP200 using DegreeForum.net mobile app
(08-28-2020, 03:19 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: To circumvent the issue and for the student interested in a Bachelors to Masters, I would just do a regular Bachelors degree first.  Once done, instead of applying for graduation, apply for the Bachelors to Masters, you can then use these grad credits towards residency requirements and grad credits towards another degree elsewhere. 

Now that is an interesting option. Thank you, sir.
I just received my conditional approval today for the MS Cybersecurity through this program. The credits are ones that I need anyways, and leveraging undergrad pricing and financial aid is fantastic. Note that the credit count required for admission includes all undergrad credits, regardless of whether or not they applied to a degree program. TESU returned my approval and allowed me to register for courses about 48 hours after filling out the online form.
Still not 100% sure if I will go on to complete the Master's at TESU - I'll make that decision next year.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 2 users Like jch's post:
  • ashkir, Pikachu
In a typical TESU move, despite an email several weeks ago congratulating me on my acceptance into the program and stating that I'm allowed to start registering for courses, I'm not actually accepted and ready to register yet. This will cause my schedule to slip a bit, but it was ambitious to begin with.
New plan for 2022:
January-March: finish everything else except for BTM and capstone courses
April-June: take the three BTM Cybersecurity courses
July-September: Business and cyber capstones
October-December: Take/PLA the two remaining courses for the Cybersecurity graduate certificate.
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 2 users Like jch's post:
  • ashkir, rachel83az
Status update:
The 90 credit requirement applies to the connected bachelor's program, not overall credits. Consequentially, as I was just short of that, I was not allowed to register for the BTM courses in the April term. Instead I took the business capstone and ITS-340 Wireless Networking, which will work for either BS-Cybersecurity or IT.
Now that I will be at 90, advising allowed me to register for July! I tempered my pace a bit and decided to take just two of the graduate courses, CYB-530 and CYB-570. Here we go!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • carrythenothing
jch Wrote:Status update:
The 90 credit requirement applies to the connected bachelor's program, not overall credits. Consequentially, as I was just short of that, I was not allowed to register for the BTM courses in the April term. Instead I took the business capstone and ITS-340 Wireless Networking, which will work for either BS-Cybersecurity or IT.
Now that I will be at 90, advising allowed me to register for July! I tempered my pace a bit and decided to take just two of the graduate courses, CYB-530 and CYB-570. Here we go!

Wow, that's awesome! It seems you're probably the first person who is doing the Bachelors to Masters option on this forum (even if it's just for a few courses and not completing the Masters from them). And I think you're ahead of schedule even with those little bumps in the road towards your degree, as I see the "schedule" you have in the previous post mentioned July-Sept for the capstone! Great work!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 307 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 3 277 03-23-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: Wnt2BLPC
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 495 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 268 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,098 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 2,974 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,630 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 522 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  Masters level credits from Sophia and others? jb111 24 1,591 02-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Summary of ENEB Masters in Big Data and Business Intelligence Pinko64 4 1,135 02-04-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: housecat