Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bachelors in Accounting and Human Resources?
(01-12-2019, 02:16 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I'm confused.  I guess I'm not understanding why you're here asking about WGU/TESU and alternative credits, and then talking about taking actual courses at TESU?  Why in the world would you take more than the cornerstone/capstone there??

If you go to TESU, you can expect to transfer in 116cr - however many from previous, and then any additional from SL/CLEP/DSST/Study.com, etc.

You don't have to have the specific courses that are listed there (FIN-301, MAN-372, ACC-402, or ACC-411).  Everything you need can be found alternatively.

I guess I'm not looking hard enough.. lol

I was searching the forums and it looked like other people ended up taking those classes at a B&M, which isn't really an option for me. Can't take those upper level courses locally without being enrolled in their program and having a whole bunch of prereqs. It looked like a couple people took those classes at CSU, which I'm exploring as an option. I guess it doesn't really matter yet as they are the upper level stuff I'll be taking last anyways. Perhaps some of the Study.com upper level stuff would work? Sorry, I'm really new to all of this. My preference would be to take no classes until I'm enrolled in a masters at WGU.
Maybe going to WGU for accounting - subject to change
B&M State College (90 credits 3.57 GPA)
Modern States CLEP  (12 credits) Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (64)  Introduction to Sociology (65) Information Systems (71)
Sophia(2 credits)Essentials of Managing Conflict, Developing Effective Teams
Study.com(0) Currently have parent account, so studying classes and will convert account later.
Straighterline (9)American Government, Western Civilizations I, Introduction to Religion
From looking at your post, I'm confused, have you decided on TESU for undergrad and WGU for Masters? The courses you mentioned, FIN-301, MAN-372, ACC-402, ACC-411 and/or the entire requirements for TESU Accounting can be done through TECEP and Study.com - Basically, the only course you should take at TESU is the cornerstone/capstone combo and that's it!
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Working on: TESU BA Computer Science (June 2019 graduation...)
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2018 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post# 27,28)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)~
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc~
(01-12-2019, 11:40 AM)Jenniferinfl Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 02:16 AM)dfrecore Wrote: I'm confused.  I guess I'm not understanding why you're here asking about WGU/TESU and alternative credits, and then talking about taking actual courses at TESU?  Why in the world would you take more than the cornerstone/capstone there??

If you go to TESU, you can expect to transfer in 116cr - however many from previous, and then any additional from SL/CLEP/DSST/Study.com, etc.

You don't have to have the specific courses that are listed there (FIN-301, MAN-372, ACC-402, or ACC-411).  Everything you need can be found alternatively.

I guess I'm not looking hard enough.. lol

I was searching the forums and it looked like other people ended up taking those classes at a B&M, which isn't really an option for me. Can't take those upper level courses locally without being enrolled in their program and having a whole bunch of prereqs. It looked like a couple people took those classes at CSU, which I'm exploring as an option. I guess it doesn't really matter yet as they are the upper level stuff I'll be taking last anyways. Perhaps some of the Study.com upper level stuff would work? Sorry, I'm really new to all of this. My preference would be to take no classes until I'm enrolled in a masters at WGU.

People on this forum are definitely not taking those courses B&M.  An entire BSBA in Accounting or BSBA in HR can be taken through alternative methods, except the capstone and cornerstone.

Here's a pdf of each degree.  It's probably a year old, there might be some minor changes, but basically you can follow either and be fine.

Attached Files
.pdf   TESU BSBA5 HR.pdf (Size: 66.11 KB / Downloads: 6)
.pdf   TESU BSBA2 ACC.pdf (Size: 77.62 KB / Downloads: 7)
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Knowledge of Human Cultures darthweezy 3 48 Yesterday, 05:44 PM
Last Post: darthweezy
  2019 TESU BSBA - Human Resources Jimmy999 2 78 Yesterday, 11:24 AM
Last Post: davewill
  DSST Health & Human Develop same as CLEP Human Growth & Develop KatePsychology 4 586 01-17-2019, 06:45 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU BSBA in Accounting Jobs? acamp 18 789 01-14-2019, 06:41 PM
  TESU Bachelors to Masters program Supermind 5 147 01-14-2019, 05:31 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  help please Spanish bachelors at TESU, spreadsheet? theduz 13 263 12-27-2018, 06:30 PM
Last Post: theduz
  TESU BSBA in Accounting Degree Plan Critque UnbreakablyDetermined 2 132 12-16-2018, 04:45 PM
  Degree course to pursue MA in Human Rights Doodlebabe 26 1,952 12-16-2018, 12:38 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Second TESU Bachelors & WGU MS Accounting Lewis.Yim 13 2,344 11-06-2018, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  Cheaper degree for bachelors business hospitality benon 8 320 10-15-2018, 01:51 AM
Last Post: sanantone