Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bachelors in Computer Science Degree Plan
Here is my degree plan for when I enroll in TESU this upcoming June. There seems to be lots of questions about computer science and not many current answers. 
I am wrapping up my senior year of high school and have done 90% and wanted to thank this community for the help. To repay I am giving out my degreeplan for future users. I saw it was from another user and can not take credit for it. I just modify it for 2020. I finish my associate degree last year and working on finishing my bachelor's asap. I will enroll in 16 credits this July to avoid the residency fee. These are the classes I will be taking at TESU. Note I could take the tecep or linear algebra but I have decided not to because I already need 16 credits for my degree so I just added the AI course to my plan so I can kill 2 birds in one stone. Any questions I will be happy to answer. I highly recommended high school students take clep instead of study.com or sophia or straighterline as while I like those they are not quick or free. Also clep are often very similar to high school material so alot of times after final for say a high school class, I would go across the street to my local community college and clep outta of the same class if they did not offer an ap or dual enrollment option. The clep is free, scoring is instant, and the small test center fee is reimbursed through modern states. The others can not just compete to clip. Also you can kill your 60 credits and save your ace credits for the upper level courses. In general the degree from TESU should cost me about $3000. Here how I did it to copy:

CLEP
60 gen educations 

Free electives
community college
clep 
dsst 
sophia (while its free)

AOS
straighterline 
study.com 
coopersmith
TESU
Course to take at TESU
  1. AI CS course (UL) - last class needed for UL computer science  3
  2. Cornerstone (LL)  3
  3. Capstone (UL)   3
  4. Social Psychology (LL)  6
  5. Jane Austen Course (LL)  1

Notes: 
cc is community college
0 equals course already taken (except for the classes above) and finish so it is not put into the final cost as that is predicted cost for tesu
200 is coming from modern state reimbursement for test center fee
2067 is pell grant base on a call from TESU unless you are enroll in a summer term TESU is a 3 term school so for me my pell grant is (6200/3) 

Thanks again to everyone and I hopes this helps.

Attached Files
.pdf   TESU BA Computer Science_history 2020-5 (1).xlsx - TESC-2016 BACS Use Waiver.pdf (Size: 94.01 KB / Downloads: 98)
[-] The following 2 users Like maxxor6868's post:
  • cwendy111, letterchaser202
Note that the Jane Austen course through TESU might not be available every term. If this happens to be the case you or anyone else, then just sub it for another 1 credit course instead. No big deal though.

Good plan. I like what you said about CLEP. Except not right now because all centers are closed. Sad

That is impressive how cheap it is. Looks most of your classes were free, so the only courses you paid for besides TESU looks like study.com, a DSST and one onlinedegree.com class. Assuming the CC was free through dual enrollment. That is super cheap for classes.
(04-18-2020, 02:29 PM)natshar Wrote: Note that the Jane Austen course through TESU might not be available every term. If this happens to be the case you or anyone else, then just sub it for another 1 credit course instead. No big deal though.

Good plan. I like what you said about CLEP. Except not right now because all centers are closed. Sad

That is impressive how cheap it is. Looks most of your classes were free, so the only courses you paid for besides TESU looks like study.com, a DSST and one onlinedegree.com class. Assuming the CC was free through dual enrollment. That is super cheap for classes.
exactly the dual enrollment was free. I kinda regret taking the dust as I don't need it so I kinda wasted 100. Really the only costs that matter were the study.com and eventually tesu. Study.com in case anyone was wondering was 2 months subscription. With the covid 19 I had enough time to bring through all my study.com classes in 2 months (they limit 5 per month) it cost me about $700 to take all my study.com classes. Compare to my local state college where that the price of one course! So total for everything be close to $4000 including every little cost. $4000 diy not bad all I say
[-] The following 1 user Likes maxxor6868's post:
  • natshar
(04-18-2020, 03:09 PM)maxxor6868 Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 02:29 PM)natshar Wrote: Note that the Jane Austen course through TESU might not be available every term. If this happens to be the case you or anyone else, then just sub it for another 1 credit course instead. No big deal though.

exactly the dual enrollment was free. I kinda regret taking the dust as I don't need it so I kinda wasted 100. Really the only costs that matter were the study.com and eventually tesu. Study.com in case anyone was wondering was 2 months subscription. With the covid 19 I had enough time to bring through all my study.com classes in 2 months (they limit 5 per month) it cost me about $700 to take all my study.com classes. Compare to my local state college where that the price of one course! So total for everything be close to $4000 including every little cost. $4000 diy not bad all I say

Wait so how is awarded for the max pell grant for one term at TESU in flat rate? Just the pell grant amount. Is it 2067?
(04-18-2020, 08:38 PM)natshar Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 03:09 PM)maxxor6868 Wrote:

Wait so how is awarded for the max pell grant for one term at TESU in flat rate? Just the pell grant amount. Is it 2067?
It be the amount for the term. Flat doesn't effect pell grant. As long as you take 12 credit hours at test in one term you get the pell grant so 6345 (bump from 6200 to 6345 for 2020) and you divide it by 3 terms to get the amount which off top my head would be 2115 if I divide correctly.
That seems like a workable plan, but I don't know how much time you have to hit all 16 credits in that one term, especially if you have a Capstone and a couple of UL courses, it's going to be tough, but should be manageable if you don't have ANY other commitments for that time... Basically, cut 3 months out of your year to do exactly this!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-20-2020, 01:47 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That seems like a workable plan, but I don't know how much time you have to hit all 16 credits in that one term, especially if you have a Capstone and a couple of UL courses, it's going to be tough, but should be manageable if you don't have ANY other commitments for that time... Basically, cut 3 months out of your year to do exactly this!

well, that makes sense but it is also a plan for high school to new college students. That is usually the norm for most students to take 15-18 credits per term to graduate on time. I know that is not the norm for this forum but this plan honestly is for students looking to take a cheap and online college and they probably won't have many other commitments. I personally know that while finishing my associate's degree before the virus, I had study.com classes, community college classes, high school, and a full-time job. I am not the smartest guy in the room by any means so I can handle it surely anyone could do it for 3 months. Also, the average college student honestly does not have a lot of responsibility I am sure they can manage it they got through the rest of the plan. If someone can earn 104 credits before this than they should have no problem finishing off 16 credits if you look at the big picture.
You said CLEP is free. Why is CLEP free for you since you didn't include them in your Modern States reimbursement figure of $200
WGU MBA-Healthcare Management 9/2021
Started 6/2/2021. Finished 8/30/21

WGU MSN-Nursing Informatics 1/2021
Started 8/14/20. Finished 12/28/2020

WGU RN-BSN 8/2020
Started 6/1/20  Finished 7/24/2020
Transferred in Sophia Stats, ICC American Government, SDC Interpersonal Communications, AAS Nursing

Credits Taken
SDC - Interpersonal Communications, Presentation Skills in the Workplace, Intro to Operating Systems, Intro to Programming, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management - (100% modules, Incomplete Projects)
ICC - American Government
SL - Personal Finance 
TECEP - Medical Terminology
The Institutes - Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct 
TEEX - Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law/White Collar Crime
Sophia - Developing Effective Teams, The Essentials of Managing Conflict, Intro to IT, Intro to Statistics, Visual Communications, Human Biology, Project Management
CSM Learn- The CSM Course
DSST - Drugs and Society 436, Here's To Your Health 450, Computing and IT 461
AAS Nursing
(04-20-2020, 06:18 PM)cwendy111 Wrote: You said CLEP is free. Why is CLEP free for you since you didn't include them in your Modern States reimbursement figure of $200
They might be military
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(04-20-2020, 06:18 PM)cwendy111 Wrote: You said CLEP is free. Why is CLEP free for you since you didn't include them in your Modern States reimbursement figure of $200

You didn't do much research did you. The clep exam is $89 plus the test center fee usually $25-30 Modenr states gives a code that pays for the test up front but you must pay the test center fee. Take a lot of tests you pay $200 like myself but a month later modern states reimburses you the money for the test center fee. So it is free but next time bud do your research.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 5 98 8 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 117 Yesterday, 02:00 PM
Last Post: mdn
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,685 04-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 189 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,545 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 5 577 04-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 208 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 622 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,074 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 243 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13