Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bachelors with NO capstone
Does anyone know if there is a school or program out there that does not require a capstone to acquire a bachelors degree??
Thanks!!
It's no longer an option, all schools require some sort of capstone.
What about an associates with no capstone required?
Thanks
There are some schools that give Bachelor's with just oral exams and things like that, I think.

What's the problem with the capstone though?
Study.com - 120 CR. TESU - 27 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 2 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU

My school (NEC) doesn’t require one.. I’ve seen many without one.
BA, Business Administration, New England College, 2019
AA, General Studies, Ashworth College, 2017

(10-26-2019, 05:59 AM)HogwartsSchool Wrote: It's no longer an option, all schools require some sort of capstone.

I'm pretty sure this isn't true - ALL schools don't require anything, that's too broad of a statement. The Big 3 all require capstones, for instance, except that of course there's an exception - TESU's BS in Data Analytics doesn't!
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ
(10-26-2019, 10:33 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: There are some schools that give Bachelor's with just oral exams and things like that, I think.

What's the problem with the capstone though?

There are some people who are not exceptional readers or writers and have difficulty with that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes radconjohn's post:
  • SCYankee
To be blunt, the ability to read and write should be among the bare minimum requirements to have a bachelors degree. If, for example, English is difficult as a non-native speaker, there are presumably programs available in one's native language that would be a better fit.
In Progress: MS Cybersecurity, Georgia Tech (9/32cr), 2021?
BS IT Security, Western Governors University, 2018
BA Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, 2016
AA Sociology, Chaffey College, 2015

View all of my earned credits on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 5 users Like jsd's post:
  • allvia, ChilliDawg, Clepper43, MSK9, shadowgem
(10-26-2019, 10:21 AM)radconjohn Wrote: What about an associates with no capstone required?
Thanks

TESU should have a few options that do not require a capstone, but they all will require a 3 credit course in Critical Information Literacy/Cornerstone.
  • ASBA (Business)
  • ASN (Math/Computer Science/Biology)
  • AA (General Studies)
  • AAS (Criminal Justice)
  • BS Data Science and Analystics (mentioned above by dfrecore)
COSC offers a General Studies AA or AS that does not require a capstone, but does require a cornerstone course. They also offer an AS ECE (early education) that does not appear to require a capstone, but does require a cornerstone as well as a practicum.

Board of Governors AAS (BOG AAS) programs do not require a cornerstone or a capstone course. Residency requirements are 0-15 credit hours depending on the school you earn it through. Regardless of residency requirements, it's best to earn at least one credit via the school of choice to ensure the school will provide a transcript.
The Regents Bachelor of Arts degree at any West Virginia college does not require math nor a capstone.

Most DEAC schools do not require a capstone.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
MPSEconomics & Political Science— Bellevue University (40% done)
BS, Business  Administration, Finance Cert.- Ashworth College
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AC, Language Studies - Rio Salado College
AAS & AGS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fast and affordable parth to a Bachelors degree in IT for an International student cr22424 6 234 10-22-2019, 12:37 PM
Last Post: msganti
  Capstone again! Thank you again! posabsolute 5 547 08-01-2019, 06:46 PM
Last Post: suzycupcake
  What capstone course exactly means?? cecilgambe7 2 251 07-18-2019, 08:28 PM
Last Post: cecilgambe7
  Capstone(s)... What are they and how do they work??? Idreamofadegree 10 603 07-16-2019, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Idreamofadegree
  Thoughts on the value of a non STEM "Big Brand" bachelors degree as an adult student Stoic 6 408 06-26-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  2nd Bachelors or MBA? dan.g 9 421 05-11-2019, 06:30 PM
Last Post: jsd
  If the bachelors degree is the new high school diploma? Jwheels27 19 1,317 04-26-2019, 04:13 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  WANTED: Bachelors degree, see details. (lol) Troymen 31 1,904 01-28-2019, 07:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Advice: Trying to Earn Bachelors After Academic Disqualification. iahuerta 4 525 10-30-2018, 07:31 PM
Last Post: jsd
  2018 Best online bachelors in Cybersecurity Rankings Life Long Learning 1 682 10-19-2018, 09:27 PM
Last Post: quigongene